Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: All About Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)  (Read 172130 times)

daphnezabala

• View Profile
All About Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
« on: September 25, 2007, 03:28:12 pm »

I found out that I have PCOS and that it will be difficult for me to get pregnant again.  Aside from taking metformin, what can I do to reverse it?

Thanks so much!

Mod's note:

What Every Woman Should Know about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)

Click this link:
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/health/your-health/what-every-woman-should-know-about-polycystic-ovarian-syndrome-pcos

Post a question about this topic or share your experience.
Login or register to join this and other discussions! Members get a downloadable freebie upon registration or membership update.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:08:38 pm by Mommyjazz »
Wife, mother and a very beautiful person.

gavin's mom

• View Profile
Re: All About Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:44:19 pm »

you may want to consult your OB gyne for that matter. i have an office mate who also have a PCOS. I think she was given a provera for her cycle to be normal. your OB will give you  and your husband contact dates once  your cycle regulates. Luckily my officemate got pregnant during the treatment.hope ive answered your query.

mia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 01:45:09 am »

Hi Daphne!

I was exactly like that a few months ago.   Instead of taking metformin, my doctor from the US advised that I take 200mcg of Chromium Picolinate and exercise.   I haven't even finished the bottle from Healthy Options ... Lo and behold, I am now almost 3 months pregnant.

Good Luck!

Mia

daphnezabala

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 01:49:29 pm »

Thanks so much, Mommies for all your inputs.  Will discuss that with my OB.

God bless po!

IreneR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:27:27 pm »

hi mommy daphnezabala! i have PCOS also. my OB told me that I am lucky to gave birth on my first baby, and now, I'm pregnant again after 5 years and will be due by April next year. I did not take any medicines though may prescription... hehe tigas kasi ulo ko e.  but am very happy that God gave us another blessing.  just want to share  :)

daphnezabala

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 08:49:19 am »

Hello, Mommies!

Just want to give you an update on my quest for my second pregnancy.  Last October 17, I found out that I was already 9 weeks pregnant.  Unfortunately, the ultrasound saw that it was an ectopic pregnancy, my baby was in my right fallopian tube and was about to erupt.  So that same day, the doctor operated on me and removed my little one (now I know how a caesarian delivery feels like).

I saw the heartbeat on the monitor and I couldn't help but feel really sad by what happened.  I was really looking forward to being preggy again because my son is turning 4 already and he seems to want a little brother.  Same with my husband who wanted another son.

But I know that the Lord has a will for me and will give me another little one soon(doesn't really matter if it will be a boy or girl actually since I'm not picky).  Just hope and pray that it will be before I turn 32 (I'm 30 now).

God bless everyone!

lois

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 01:25:41 pm »

i had my PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome...how can i prevent it?it also lessen my sex drive...i don't want to take pills...i always gain weight...pls help... ;)

daphnezabala

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 03:48:30 pm »

My PCOS was healed when I changed my diet.  One of the causes of PCOS is the high amount of insulin in the blood (which should be absorbed) and is one of the causes of our gaining weight.  Ask a dietitian on what foods - high in protein - are good for you and lessen your intake of high carbo foods.

What I did was I increased my intake of fish, veggies, tofu and soya milk and increased exercise (at least 3x a week I did 2 kinds of exercises).  These helped bring down my insulin level (along with a bit of help from a hypo-glycemic tablet) and I got preggy on the 6th month.

Hope this helps.  God bless.

dr_dona

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:55 pm »

i was diagnosed with PCOS. but thank GOD i have two children now. 1 4y/o girl and 1 5m/o boy. what i did to overcome it is a hollistic. first, i itried to achieve a normal BMI by exercising. then i took metformin 1 tablet every meal. i also took silimarin 1 tablet every morning. and milk thistle 2 tablets evey morning.

i still have brandnew in bottle left overs of the silimarin and milk thistle. for inquiry just text me at 0919 688 9888. and ill be willing to share with you the journey that we have in order to have 2 pretty kids.

but of course the best way to overcome it is through prayers!!!

dr_dona

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 08:05:17 pm »

i was diagnosed with PCOS. but thank GOD i have two children now. 1 4y/o girl and 1 5m/o boy. what i did to overcome it is a hollistic. first, i itried to achieve a normal BMI by exercising. then i took metformin 1 tablet before meal. i also took silimarin 1 tablet every morning. and milk thistle 2 tablets evey morning.

i still have brandnew in bottle left overs of the silimarin and milk thistle. for inquiry just text me at 0919 688 9888. and ill be willing to share with you the journey that we have in order to have 2 pretty kids.

che0610

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 11:05:26 pm »

you may want to consult your OB gyne for that matter. i have an office mate who also have a PCOS. I think she was given a provera for her cycle to be normal. your OB will give you  and your husband contact dates once  your cycle regulates. Luckily my officemate got pregnant during the treatment.hope ive answered your query.

Hi girls! bago lang ako dito, and i found this very informative for pcos victims like me...can anyone recommend a good OB near Magallanes? I just couldn't find one near my place so sa work sana kasi hectic talaga sched. I really want to get pregnant na, magpapaalaga n ko this time..

che0610

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 11:22:27 pm »

Hi Daphne!

I was exactly like that a few months ago.   Instead of taking metformin, my doctor from the US advised that I take 200mcg of Chromium Picolinate and exercise.   I haven't even finished the bottle from Healthy Options ... Lo and behold, I am now almost 3 months pregnant.

Good Luck!

hi! cherry here! i hope u can share more of your doctor's advise pcos. :) btw, how much is the chromium Picolinate? is it available at Mercury outlets? or just at Healthy Options? thanks! Congtats for a new baby!

Mia

keih liwanag

• ANNE KEIR.. the HAPPINESS beyond our HAPPINESS!
    • View Profile
    • my multiply
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 11:27:26 pm »

i have PCOs too prior to getting pregnant last 2006. i remember my ob, dra. arlene bravo and i performed an ovulation process.. and it did work! one shot lang and i conceived. ;)

ask your doctor too! most of my friends transferred to my ob all for the same reason that they wanted to get pregnant. and they all did. we are all mommies now. i think 3-4 friends of mine conceived after i referred them to my ob.
Being a mom is deciding forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

che0610

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 11:57:16 pm »

i was diagnosed with PCOS. but thank GOD i have two children now. 1 4y/o girl and 1 5m/o boy. what i did to overcome it is a hollistic. first, i itried to achieve a normal BMI by exercising. then i took metformin 1 tablet every meal. i also took silimarin 1 tablet every morning. and milk thistle 2 tablets evey morning.

HI THIS IS CHE! I'm so inspired by your message posted. I wish i could do the same hollistic adventure...share naman your secrets..I hope to  chat with you also if you don't mind..my YM is che0610@yahoo.com ..thanks! Is the smart number posted your number still?

che0610

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 12:31:37 am »

i have PCOs too prior to getting pregnant last 2006. i remember my ob, dra. arlene bravo and i performed an ovulation process.. and it did work! one shot lang and i conceived. ;)

ask your doctor too! most of my friends transferred to my ob all for the same reason that they wanted to get pregnant. and they all did. we are all mommies now. i think 3-4 friends of mine conceived after i referred them to my ob.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12