Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: All About Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)  (Read 190057 times)

minijared

• "Mother is a god in the eyes of a child"
    • View Profile
Re: All About Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2012, 07:26:38 pm »

same here. i just found out last feb due to acute pain abdomen. doc told me that i have PCOS. gulat ako kasi normal naman period ko ever since. akala ko hnd na ako magkakanak. after few weeks same month nlaman ko na preggy ako. hindi ako nag-take ng gamot na nireseta ni doc. 
"Somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, "Normal" is history".

imarie_airon jaimes

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2012, 04:19:41 am »

hi po .. new lang po ako dito .. last sat pnta ako sa ob ko .. then p.o.c din ang diagnose niya .. pinapaultrasound niya ko kaso d pa ko nakabalik.. pills lang ba talaga ang gamot sa pco? bgla kc ang taba ko kea daw ako nag ka p.c.o ,, nag ka hormonal inbalance kea hnd ako nagkakaroon ..aside daw pala sa pills pagttaken daw niya ko ng gmot para mas mabilis ang pag payat ko .. .. what if kung hnd ko afford yun?? ok lang ba na pills lang ang itake ko?

pls reply .. thanks ..

lady_emelye

• our little seed
    • View Profile
    • cusp of beauty
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2012, 04:35:36 pm »

^ it depends kasi kung ano ang gusto ma-achieve sis.  confirmed na ba thru tvs na you have PCOS?

PCOS kasi is caused by hormonal imbalance, kaya kung ang gusto mo is ma-correct yun, you have to take hormonal supplements (pills).

pero if you want to conceive, syempre hindi pwede ang pills.  like for me and other sis here, nagtake ako ng metformin para ma-control yung insulin resistance ko, plus diet modification.  others naman take yung clomid (which is medyo pricey) to aid in ovulation.

mariadj

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:01 am »

hi po .. new lang po ako dito .. last sat pnta ako sa ob ko .. then p.o.c din ang diagnose niya .. pinapaultrasound niya ko kaso d pa ko nakabalik.. pills lang ba talaga ang gamot sa pco? bgla kc ang taba ko kea daw ako nag ka p.c.o ,, nag ka hormonal inbalance kea hnd ako nagkakaroon ..aside daw pala sa pills pagttaken daw niya ko ng gmot para mas mabilis ang pag payat ko .. .. what if kung hnd ko afford yun?? ok lang ba na pills lang ang itake ko?

pls reply .. thanks ..

Hi Sis, make sure na healthy lifestyle, and also, lessen the sugar intake , usually pag nasa heavy side and ttc, they recommend metformin. Pero pag you just want to regulate your menses or the effects of PCOS (acne, hirtuism) they give out ocp or pills.

gmc

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2012, 08:50:52 am »

hi mga sis

I was also disgnose 3 weeks ago of PCOS, my OB prescribe me of pills & metformin.
Sis may murang metformin naman ritemed brand. For me yun na lang binibili ko... kasi yun pills na prescribe naman sa kin is a bit pricey Mercilon 500Php.

hanne

• View Profile
    • My Curious Ava
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2012, 06:38:11 am »

was diagnosed with PCOS january of 2008. from then pinag pills ako and metformin once a day for 6 mos. after nung tvs ulit pero meron pa rin both ovaries ko. so tuloy pills and twice a day na metformin ko.

by january 2009, nag clear na left ovary pero polycystic pa rin right ovary ko. so sabi ni OB, continue with pills and metformin twice a day for year and balik daw ako ng january 2010.

pagbalik ko ng 2010, TVS nanaman. found out hinde nagclear ang left ovary ko. my OB asked me if i want to have a baby na cos 28yo na ako nun. sabi ko wala pa namang plan pero i want to in 2-3yrs time. sabi niya mukhang mahihirapan daw ako mag concieve without aid. not impossible pero mahirap. she asked me to try and take metformin thrice a day na pero pag nahilo daw ako, back to twice muna. basta pakiramdaman ko daw. and pinapabalik niya ako ng january 2011, another year of treatment technically.

hinde na ako bumalik kase nabuntis ako!  ;D i now have a healthy baby girl who just turned 5mos. sabi ng new OB ko na nagpaanak sa akin, "salamat sa metformin ano?" natawa nalang ako. tyinaga ko talaga meds ko kase gusto ko magkaanak.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:04:12 pm by hanne »
Visit our Curious Ava Shop for clothes and accessories fit for mommies and their little girls --

https://www.facebook.com/curiousava

AichiMom

• I am a certified miracle believer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2012, 10:47:18 am »

^ lucky you, sis hanne...  10years of TTC bago dumating daughter namin. May PCOS ako and super irregular ang mens, had to take provera once a day for 10 days each month para lang mag-mens.Pagkapanganak ko dahan-dahang naging regular yung cycle ko. After 3 years, I got pregnant ulit effortlessly  :P and gave birth last january. Now, i'm taking metformin 500g 3 times a  day dahil elevated naman sugar ko. Ang worry ko ngayon, baka magbuntis ulit ako agad dahil sa met hehe kaya sabi ko kay hubby "tiis-tiis muna dear"...

mocalicious

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2012, 11:55:12 am »

done with my 6months pill treatment..and after UTZ, PCOS is still there. a bit sad..hubby wants a baby badly..i feel bad too coz i can't give it to him..

lighter side is doctor will try natural method first with regards of conceiving.
"No alibi will save you from accepting the responsibility."

♥~AnJ~♥

• ♥ Babe's Boss ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2012, 10:00:29 pm »

Hi Sissies,

Here's my share about my PCOS. 

I am 5'8" tall and was weighing 140lbs when I got married in May of 2009.  DH and I originally planned not to have a baby yet until 2011 but due to family and peer pressure, we decided to try to conceive after two months of being married.

We officially started trying July 2009.  I didn't have my period for August so we waited till September and still there's no sign of PMS so we took probably 5 PTs on different days but it all came back as negative.

We decided to see an OB-GYN to check what's wrong and found out that I have PCOS with both ovaries.  Afraid of not being able to conceive, we did our fertility work up. I was on pills for 2 months but it didn't work so my OB asked me to take Duphaston and Metformin for 1 cycle, But still, it didn't work out. 

My OB advised me to lose weight because I gained 40 lbs in 4 months since my wedding day (for unknown reason) so she prescribed me to take Reductil(which costs 95php each) for a month to help me lose some weight. Then she offered me a more extensive work up by taking Puregon shots (my OB taught DH how to inject on my tummy so we don't have to go to her clinic every other day) This will run for a 10 days since your 11th day of menstrual cycle. Each shot cost 5k plus metformin 2x a day.  I was really hopeful because my OB conceived at the age of 40 by using Puregon shots too (she had triplets btw).  She also gave us a headsup that we might have twins or even triplets by taking these shots (which makes it more exiciting).

After the 10th day of taking these shots, we had follicle monitoring (I believe only few hospital offer this kind of TVS).  They will check the size of your eggs every other day (for 3 days) to check if they're responding to the shots. Unfortunately, my eggs are not maturing since day 1 of the monitoring so my OB suggested another cycle of workup using MORE Puregon shots. This time, we did it for 10 straight days using higher dosage of Puregon and 3x a day of Metformin. After all the injectables, follicle monitoring and thousands of pesos, we failed.  :(

I switched to another OB because I think my 1st OB was not good at this and was only in for the money that she's getting from us.  So I met my 2nd OB who found out that I have hypothyroidism that's why I gained nearly 50lbs in 5 months(That explains why I'm gaining so much weight).  This should be one of the first things that they will check before they do a fertility workup plan.  My 2nd OB can't believe that my 1st OB missed to do blood and thyroid test.  I was so disappointed because we failed our workup for 6 months because of my 1st OB. I even left my job to help me conceive.  All effort were wasted not to mention the amount we have to pay for all these!

My 2nd OB (my mom's friend) was very tradional and kinda old, She didn't even want me to take any fertility meds just yet.  Instead she focused on balancing my thyroid hormone by taking eltroxin (which costs less than 10php) everyday.  We did this for a month and tadah - thyroid problem is gone! (but I had to take these pills continously to make sure I will have higher chances of getting pregnant).  The following month, she asked me to take half tablet of Parlodel everyday (which costs 100php).

One day, my mom called one of their common friends to ask for my 2nd OB's CP no. She was surprised to know that her friend's daughter who is already 45yo just got pregnant after 10 years of trying in various countries around the world.  Of course, my mom asked what they did to have her pregnant.  She then referred me to an accupuncturist located in Panay Ave. According to mom's friend, her daughter successfully conceived after 3 months of accupuncture treatment.

So I decided to stop all my western meds and tried my luck with the chinese meds.  I went to the clinic every mondays for 2 months.  Each visit costs me 900 for the accupuncture (to balance your "QI" or good energy and lessen stress level) plus the herbal tea which cost nearly 2k (good for a week).  I did this for 3months but nothing happened.

So I gave up. I stopped all medications and by that time, I realized, I might be pushing too hard. So I  wholeheartedly leave it up to the Lord.

Guess what, after a month of stoping with all these meds and went back to work.  I found out I'm 2 months pregnant.  ;D

That means, the accupuncture worked for me best.  But I strongly believe that God will bless us a baby in His own time.

Good Luck Sissies!!  ;)

jdpmom

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2012, 09:40:00 pm »

Hi po..
 Share ko lang din po sakin.

Marami na rin po akong na try na ibat ibang gamot... Pills metformin etc... Nakaka Ilang palit na rin po ako ng O.B. bawat O.B iba ibang brand ng pills binibigay... Hang gang sa nagsawa na ako tapos pataba ng pataba na ako so I decided to stop taking pills tapos parang nwalan na rin ako ng pag asa... so. Sabi ko bahala na si GOD Kung bibigyan niya kami thank u if not ok na rin.... So instead na mag take pa ako ng Kung ano anong pills nag take n lang ako ng pills pampapayat kc nga tumataba na ako... tapos after 3 months ata tinigil ko bigla kc nakakaramdam ako ng hingal, lalo na pagkumakanta ako halos d ko na maabot kc kinaapos na ako ng hininga.... feb. 2011 Hindi ako nagkaroon deadma lang ako kasi sabi ko baka lang dahil sa hormonal inbalance ko which is unusual kasi eversince normal naman ang menstration ko kahit may pcos ako... tapos 1 day bumili jowa ko ng pregnancy kit test para daw sa doggie namin kasi ineexpect din namin na magbubuntis hahaha... pinagalitan pa nga siya ng pinsan Kung nurse kasi bakit daw Hindi sa akin eh alam niyang Hindi nga ako nagkaroon for the first time.... so ayon nga kinabukasan ayaw ko sana gamitin kasi natatakot ako ayaw ko mag expect ayaw ko masaktan.... sabi ko bahala na si Lord... ayon POSITIVE! after almost five years of waiting... 5 months na ngayon baby ko.....

Sorry sobrang haba :)

mocalicious

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2012, 10:56:58 pm »

good news!i stopped taking pills since march 6 because hubby is bugging me to try to conceive. had my mens on march9. and  just recently(apr24) we found out i am pregnant. a lil bit nervous because i'm having blood spots from time to time..

anyway, if its God's will, with or without PCOS you'll be pregnant.. just keep on fighting..and believing..
"No alibi will save you from accepting the responsibility."

trishevil

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2012, 01:27:07 pm »

Last April, I was diagnosed with PCOS on my left ovary. I'm currently taking pills as prescribed by my OB. Tomorrow, I will have a TVS. hopefully, cleared na ako.

Now I feel lucky of being a mom at age of 20. I'm currently 21 and I already have PCOS. Buti na lang nagkaanak na agad ako bago ako madiagnose as with PCOS.

mommielynne

• great powers come with great responsibilities....
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2012, 06:54:34 am »

I was diagnosed with PCOS (both ovaries) few months after i gave birth to my first child. Very irregular ang period ko, sometimes no period for 3 straight months. My OB prescribed me metformin and pills but dahil nga kakapanganak ko palang, me and hubby dont plan on having another baby yet hindi ko ininom ang medications. For 4 years na wala kaming birth control method na ginagamit hindi ako napreggy and still super irreg ang period ko, gained a lot of weight too. Finally when we decided na we're ready na for baby no. 2, nagpaconsult ulit ako to treat PCOS. First and probably the most important advice ng OB ko is to lose weight. So i worked on it and lost 60lbs in eight months, still hindi pa rin regular ang period ko but meron ng improvement. So i was prescribed with metformin again 3x a day, for 3 months plus pre-natal vitamins. So for 3 months nagmomonitor ako ng period ko and very consistent na 28days cycle ako, so after nun nagstart kami ng clomid to help me ovulate naman. First cycle eh failed hindi ako nabuntis, i took it one tab/day. So second month OB increased my dosage to 2tabs/day plus ultrasound to see kung may nagmature ba akong eggs. Sa ultrasound may nakita na 2 good sized eggs ako so kelangan nalang tyempuhan namin ni hubby. After a month of anxiously waiting for my next period, iba na pakiramdam ko, alam ko buntis na ako and nagpregnancy test ako 3 days before my period and behold! Its POSITIVE! Im now going on my 7th month, and we cant wait to see our second baby!

mum_06

• you're my greatest achievement.love you both!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2012, 07:28:15 pm »

Mommies,we're planning na to have a 2nd baby,last Nov kami start. last dec. di ako dinatnan.
nagtest ako negative naman,I decided consult sa doktor (GP,kasi ang OB dito bihira) pgka
january nung may dugo na kasi akala ko buntis na kasi may history ako ng miscarriage..
pinabloodtest ako at negative ,period ko lang pla,then abdomen ultrasound daw para malaman bakit
namissed period ko,dun nalaman may PCOS sa left ovary ko,walang gamot na binigay,normal weight naman
ako,excercise lang daw ako at balik ako April at tingnan ulit kung clear na..(di ako nkabalik)
ngbakasyon May,nagpa OB ako dyn,transV ako,may Pcos pa rin,niresitahan niya ako nga provera
& metformin,di ko nainom ang provera dhil 35cycles naman ako regular..yung metformin di ko din tinuloy
kasi regular naman daw tsaka natakot ako kasi sabi niya may side effect daw at pwede daw akong mgkadiabetes
after manganak...so tinigil ko ang medications....until now di pa rin kami nakakabuo,gusto na talaga namin.
ngayon,di pa rin ako dinatnan,last May pa last period ko,3 tyms na ako nag PT & negative naman..
ano bang dapat kong gawin mommies,inumin ko na lang ulit yung metformin & provera or balik na lang ako sa GP dito
baka may iba syang gamot na ibigay? di na kasi ako makafollow up sa OB dyn kasi nkabalik na kami..plan
ko nxt week paconsult.....pero nglalaro sa isip ko na inumin na lang ang metformin....pls advice mommies..
:) In God we trust :)

Viv_viv

• Simple & True
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2012, 01:22:22 pm »

Hi, Im new member here, same as all with PCOS still battling it up, I got married last 2008 and have miscarriage at 5months old baby, up to the present no sign of being pregnant, trying it up, Same as many, consulted with various OB  and taken too many drugs like metformin, folic acid, duphaston, and really a hard time losing weight.

Above all of disappointment, still fighting for this. I read all of the post same interaction n experiences. But inspite of this, I am very happy that I am not alone dealing with this PCOS, Thank you for having this forum opened, I do hope maybe next time if I become pregnant,  I can share my full story with you.

Journey with PCOS, it is not as serious illness, but can be cure naturally. :)

Laugh & LOve Always :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12