Calendar method
- 1 (3%)
IUD
- 1 (3%)
2day and other Natural Family Planning method
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What contraceptive/birth control method can you recommend and what are the effects?  (Read 36777 times)

shey25

• I'd rather have a life of 'oh well' than 'what if
    • View Profile
    • SeAn's Page
What pill are you using and it's side effects?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 09:36:45 am »

I'm using Lady and ang side effect niya is masakit sa ulo, nood swing and sobrang dry (down there).  :(

Mga sis hope you can help me.., I been using althea before then this month I switch to lady. I'm on my 3rd day of taking lady pill. I was thinking if pwede bang i-stop yung pgtake ng pill then switch back to althea even nkapagstart na ko ng lady or should I wait na maubos yung isang pack bago mgswitch?

medyo kinulang kase yung budget ko this month kaya kase nagkasakit si baby kaya I try cheaper pill. 1st wedding Anniversary pa naman namin ni hubby on the 25th of june. Pansira ng moment pag ganitong sobrang dry kase natry na namen last night and ni hindi sya makapasok. Nakakafrustrate talaga. Hope to hear some advice/comments as to my question about switching back to althea. TIA

Mrs. Anderson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Merged with existing thread.
It's your contributions that matter, not the number of posts.
Please use the search tools available. We have lots of valuable inputs from the members; take time to read them.

abz22

• Soon to be Mommy of Two!! :D
    • View Profile

@lotlot: anong pills gamit mo sis? ano disadvantage and advantages?

abz22

• Soon to be Mommy of Two!! :D
    • View Profile

^ that's good. hiyangan nga daw kasi talaga. never pa ko gumamit ng pills ee. parang scary kasi. tpos yung period mo daw paiba-iba. pero i guess, if it safer, then go.

Mommy France

• Lucky to be loved by 2 boys
    • View Profile

I really wouldn't recommend pills and injectables.
Why? Kahit gaano ka kahiyang you will still suffer anxiety. Lots and lots of anxiety.

You worry about a lot of things:
Kapag nakaligtaan, you worry if you could get pregnant
Kapag nabuntis ka and you detect ng hindi maaga, you worry what happens to the baby inside you getting all that chemicals.

Natural Family Planning is really really hard. Trust me. Pero I am more relieved.
I don't get as much action in bed kasi nga scheduled ang intimate moments pero I can assure you I get a lot more love from my husband with lots of m.o.m.o.l.  8)
I'm not an expert sa calculation pero I understand my body enough to know what it needs and what it does not.

During the first 2 years talagang super adjust kami and may mga times naman na nakakainit ng ulo. Pero we divert the need to another way of showing affection.
Kapag hindi pwede, i-offer massages sa husband ko. Siya naman, he treats with me with whatever I ask.
They say be creative in bed, I say be creative with love.

With NFP - you need a more responsible view on s.e.x as a couple. It doesn't always equate to love.
I am not perfect but I try my best to make the most of what God gave me.
Bad things may happen to me, but I will always come out of it with my head up high. Why? Because I know that I did the things I can control the right way. And the things I can't control, I leave it up to God's will.

danel_em

Mommy France, im so happy i read your post. it just made me realize why should i buy contraceptive. Family planning is really about knowing what FAMILY is all about. Kung mahal nyo talaga ang isa't isa, pag aaralan nyo kung papaano kayo magsasama. Pills will just give a depression on the woman's side. I had a friend na blighted ovum yung kanya and i think it is caused by taking pills. delikado talaga.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:53:53 pm by meenola »

Mlabable

• View Profile

Right now, parang I’m more comfortable on taking OCP. Mas parang palagay ako at di nag-iisip that I might get pregnant. But I’m also thinking yung side effects in the future.

We’ve been trying NFP on and off.  We tried it before mga 3 months pero lagi ako nag-aalala kasi minsan si hubby di sumusunod kapag “No-No week” (that’s what I called it kapag nasa fertile period ako). Kaya balik uli ako sa OCP.

And right now try uli naming NFP, we’re on our 2nd month na. I downloaded an Android mobile app for menstrual/ovulation calendar and very helpful siya para sa akin. Naka prompt sa calendar kung fertile period ka. Kaya lang ang mahirap kay hubby kapag di pwede minsan makulit pa rin.  Kaya ang ginagawa ko ineexplain ko sa kanya sa di pwede this week.  Yun nga lang minsan nagtatampo. Kaya dinidivert ko nalang attention niya. Konting back massage nalang. Hehe

Kaya sa reason na hindi sumusunod si hubby pag “no-no week” parang gusto ko na uli mag OCP next month. Ang hirap talaga.. Hay
Farrell and Hamir, My Precious Sons

You have been an inspiration, and will always will be.
You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
Your life has given me something I will never, ever lose.
I will do anything for your sake, because you are my precious.

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
pills, injectibles, contraceptives double HIV risk
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 01:13:01 pm »

Pills, injectibles, contraceptives double HIV risk

A UW-led study published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases shows a troubling link between hormonal contraception and HIV. The study is getting widespread press coverage because of the popularity of injectable birth control like Depo-Provera in parts of Africa hardest hit by the AIDS epidemic.

The observational study of nearly 3,800 couples in Africa finds that women using hormonal contraception --such as a birth control pill or a shot like Depo-Provera – are at double the risk of acquiring HIV.

Source:
Hormonal contraception use doubles HIV risk, according to UW study in Lancet
By Bobbi Nodell, Oct. 4, 2011
UW Health Sciences/UW Medicine
http://www.washington.edu/news/articles/uw-study-in-lancet-finds-use-of-hormonal-contraception-doubles-hiv-risk

Comment:
Hindi natin kailangan ang contraceptives.

Choose life!  Piliin natin na mabuhay para sa ating anak...sa ating pamilya.
Mom warns birth control killed her daughter
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,47925.msg831360.html#msg831360

Kung aalamin lang natin ang pattern ng ating fertility na malalaman natin na mas madalas ay hindi naman posible na mabuntis.
Re: paano malaman kung safe/not fertile or unsafe?
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,1092.msg821588.html#msg821588

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:41:23 pm by Daddy Jojo »

BlueAby

• Mother of two
    • View Profile
    • CS_CuteShoppe FB Page

Gusto ko sana ng NFP kasi natatakot ako sa mga epekto sa katawan ng mga contraceptives kaso wala akong idea and di ko alam kung paano. Irregular din ang mens ko ngayon. Advice sa akin ng OB ko to take pills kasi CS ako and magkasunod yung babies ko.

macky27

Hi mga sis. Ask ko lang po kung totoo ba na di puwede magpabreast feed pag umiinom ka ng pills? Kasi my ob recommend injectable pero ayaw ni huusband, takot sya baka daw my side effect kasi sabi ob di ka daw totally magkakaron monthly period. safe naman daw yun, yung mga nagpapabreast feed di rin naman daw nagkakaron totally.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

May pills na safe for breastfeeding but you have to take it on-the-dot. Iba-iba ang effect ng injectable and yes, it will disrupt your menstrual flow. But it doesn't mean it's bad. Been on it for 3 years na. I forgot na how inconvenient it is to wear a pad.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

macky27

Like ano pong pills sis?

prhea

• View Profile

share ko lang..

I am using IUD right now, on my 3rd year. May annual check up ako sa OB to make sure na in place ang IUD. So far, okay naman siya sa akin. Ang side effect lang is super heavy talaga ng flow. Maraming napkin ang mauubos and need to use longer napkins, yong for evening, kahit daytime. But in totality, like ko siya. Good for me at kumapit talaga siya sa akin. Walang ika-worry.  ;)

annie0312

• View Profile
Re: Morning After Pills or Emergency pills
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 05:43:50 pm »

Ask ko lang po dadd jo. What are the best contraceptives or methods  to prevent pregnancy that you can advice to those women who don't what to get pregnant aside from abstinence? TIA!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:48:59 pm by maarcee_0312 »
The best thing a father can do for his chlidren is to love their mother.

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness

Hi maarcee_0312

I'm not comfortable with the word "contraceptive" because it appears to mean contradicting conception or preventing conception by any means...even by exterminating a life.  Any way, here is a digitized page of a book
which list methods according to their effectiveness and health risks.

Abstinence is 100% effective and without any health risk. 

Artificial methods which have varying health risks, appear to be effective...but almost all of these are due to the fact that women are made to believe that they don't get pregnant...but they do...the baby forms as it travels to the the womb but could not hold on gets aborted.  This is what it means by the seemingly high percentage of effectiveness.

Click for full size of image

Source:  Human Biology by Sylvia S. Mader, Michael Windelspecht. 10th edition published by McGraw-Hill

If you would like to know more about Natural Family Planning, check out:

Natural Family Planning Methods: Intro., Sites/Links, Onine Courses
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,54201.0.html

NFP Methods (in alphabetical order)
By Shawna and Jamie

Billings Ovulation Method - Mucus Only Developed by doctors and used by millions of women around the world. Women are taught to observe sensation at the vulva while going about normal daily activities and to note any visible mucus present while visiting the bathroom, there is no need to touch the mucus. Women use their own vocabulary to describe observations, as each woman's fertility is unique. 4 simple rules can be used at any stage of a woman's reproductive life.  99% effectiveness for avoiding conception has been verified in multiple clinical trials. Instruction and private follow up from an accredited instructor strongly recommended.

International website: www.thebillingsovulationmethod.org
US website: www.boma-usa.org
Online course:www.learnnfponline.org
Online charting: www.nfpcharting.com
App: nfpcharting

Boston Cross-Check Method
"The Cross Check method is based on the observation and interpretation of changes in cervical mucus, basal body temperature and includes hormonal monitoring with the Clearplan Fertility Monitor to determine the fertile and infertile phases of the menstrual cycle. This methodology is based on the work of various scientists including Billings, Doering, Roetzer , Vollman and Fehring.

Archdiocese of Boston Model - Small group or private instruction with private follow-up."
Website: www.bostoncatholic.org/Offices-And-Services/Office-Detail.aspx?id=11760&pid=480

Couple to Couple League Sympto Thermal Method
Couples learn to monitor 3 signs of fertility: cervical mucus, basal body temperature, and the position of the cervix (optional). In addition to the Sympto Thermal Method, classes also include basic Catholic theology. Home study course and charting software available. Charting app in development! Supplemental classes for Post Partum and Perimenopause available as well.

Creighton Model - Mucus Only
Developed by Dr. Thomas Hilgers. Women are taught to make precise examinations of cervical mucus, using folded toilet paper. Observations are made before and after urinating, as well as before and after bathing, showering or swimming. Women are given a list of descriptions to choose from in order to classify the mucus observation. A variety of rules apply in different situations. Instruction includes a series of private consultations with a FertilityCare Instructor or Practitioner. Charting app in development!
International Website: http://www.fertilitycare.com.au

Doering System - Temperature Only
Women are taught to predict fertility by subtracting 7 days from the earliest thermal shift recorded in the previous 6-12 cycles. Effective if cycles are regular, may require prolonged abstinence in longer cycles. Does not account for the possibility of early ovulation.

Family of the Americas Ovulation Method - Mucus Only
An adaptation of the Billings Ovulation Method. Cervical is mucus is examined on toilet paper. Charting kits available through the website, an instructor list can be obtained by emailling: familyplanning@yahoo.net

Marshall System - Temperature Only
Women record waking basal temperatures and abstain from menstruation until a thermal shift is confirmed. Abstinence may be prolonged in long cycles, post partum, or in peri-menopause.

Marquette Model
Utilizes the ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor, a device used at home which measures hormone levels in urine to estimate the beginning and end of fertility in a women's menstrual cycle. The monitor can be used in conjunction with observations of cervical mucus, basal body temperature, or other biological indicators of fertility. Cycles must be between 22-42 days. Includes breastfeeding protocols. Instruction from a Marquette Model teacher strongly encouraged.

Serena Sympto Thermal Method
Daily observation of the woman's basal body temperature, cervical mucus signs, changes in the cervix, and periovulatory symptoms are made and recorded on a chart.

Sympto Pro Sympto Thermal Method (Northwest Family Services)
Teaches women to observe changes in cervical mucus, basal temperature, and cervix. Instruction in a class setting or by way of the online course.
Website: www.nwfs.org/couples-a-singles/natural-family-planning.html

Taking Charge of Your Fertility
*this can be used as a form of NFP when abstinence is practiced on days of fertility. When barriers or other contraceptive practices are incorporated, it is the Fertility Awareness Method, not a form of Natural Family Planning. This method is primarily self taught. Charting software, online charting, and app available.

https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/1988_10152476084125430_2032654865_a.jpg

Pages: 1 [2] 3