Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: latest movie for kids - recommendation, and review  (Read 27748 times)

pompz

• Thank you Lord for my all the Blessings!
    • View Profile
Re: latest movie for kids - recommendation, and review
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »

meron pa ba sa sm malls yung alvin and the chipmunks?

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 01:08:19 pm »

^I checked sa Click the City sis. Meron pa sa North Edsa.

http://www.clickthecity.com/movies/theaters.php?cid=19

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 12:18:30 am »

ParaNorman

An 11-year old’s paranormal activities are pushed to their otherworldly limits in this spooky but hilarious animated movie.

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/news/coming-soon-animated-comedy-paranorman-exclusive-at-ayala-malls-cinemas

RoGue

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 05:28:28 am »

Finding Nemo and Ice Age - for my youngest daughter.. everytime we open the DVD, she will scream - "Aysh Age!" kakatuwa, kahit paulet ulet, ok lang sa kanya, pati yung Finding Nemo, kabisado niya yung mga scary scenes, magtatakip na sya ng pillow, or tatakbo sa likod ng bed.. haha

For my eldest naman - forever fan sya ng Tangled, The Incredibles and Despicable Me, plus other Disney Princesses [^___^]
A Mother's Love - special, genuine, enduring, patient and understanding. Being a Mom - one tough job. Having a child - God's greatest gift and responsibility bestowed upon us. Enjoy it! :D

ea_brea

• don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling
    • View Profile
    • La Mer de Reve
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 11:54:52 am »

may nakanood na ba ba ng Paranorman? hindi ko kasi makita sched sa click the city so i don't know what time we can watch. :( gusto pa naman siya ng anak ko.

anyway, latest movie we watched was Brave. super love ko siya! nagustuhan din siya ng anak ko kahit "princess" movie siya. very nice animation and story. it's more of a mommy-daughter movie, and i'm sure a lot of parents will learn a lot from it. :)

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 04:38:09 pm »

Can't wait  to see this with my panganay. She likes vampire books and movies.

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/news/family-comedy-hotel-transylvania-opens-in-cinemas-september-19
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

♥_caramel_♥

• i LOVE my family ,especially, my beloved son AIDAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 10:55:09 pm »

i recommend BRAVE kc its a nice movie .. it also has a great lesson .. we and our kids can really appreciate our/their moms .. and family as well
  [move]

CallcenterMom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 07:05:17 am »

I agree with ♥_caramel_♥.  Brave is really nice and highly recommended specially for mother and daughter.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 02:16:38 pm »

Huwaaahh!!! Busy ako nung time Brave was showing and we missed it. Ayaw ko naman bumili ng pirated DVD, nadala na ako, ang lalabo ng kopya, not worth watching. I  guess I have to wait for the official DVD release.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 02:36:25 am »

Coming Soon: Immersive 3D "Life of Pi" Movie from Ang Lee

Experience wonder and discover an unprecedented 3D experience in “Life of Pi” .A boy who is lost at sea with a very hungry Bengal tiger, following the death of his family in a shipwreck. The boy and the animal have to survive a perilous voyage across the Pacific.
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/news/coming-soon-immersive-3d-life-of-pi-movie-from-ang-lee

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 09:11:01 am »

We've seen Frankenweeine by Tim Burton. Na enjoy at naintindihan naman ng 5yo boy ko pero I won't recommend it to toddlers kasi baka ma bore, black and white kasi yung movie.

image from imdb.com

I enjoyed the Hotel Transylvania more. Mas maraming scenes ako na natawa sa movie na yon. I guess Tim Burton is not the "funny, kiddie" type of movie producer.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 01:40:13 pm »

Yesterday afternoon we watched The Three Stooges. I was with my 2 kids and my daughter's BFF. I doubt at first if they will like the movie kasi hindi na kilala ng generation ngayon these characters so I let them watch the trailer first. They liked it daw so we watched

image from http://www.wildaboutmovies.com

Come to think of it, this kind of comedy isn't so different from those of today like Mr. Bean, Brian o Brian, etc. In fact, they have the rights to these kinds because they are the pioneers. My son thought it's like "Tom and Jerry".
I was worried with the effect of the hitting and the kind of humor this movie will have on my 5yo son. During the movie, I explained that it's all pretend and the hitting is not real but he finds it hard to believe. He would even get my hand to cover his eyes on some of the scenes he finds too "ouchie". I was relieved at the end of the movie when they showed a word from the FX team on the soft props they used plus the sound effects. Even my boy learned how to do the eye-poke gently on the brow kasi it was shown in slow motion. If only I knew about this clip and showed it to my kids before we watched it kaso kahit sa youtube I can't find a video clip of this demonstration.

No wonder Larry is familiar. He's Sean Hayes of Will and Grace. I also learned that it's shown late here. April pa pala pinalabas ito sa US. What was dear to me about this movie is having a more understanding about the real lives of the original characters having seen the 2000 bio-movie drama "The Three Stooges"
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/55807/three-stooges-2000-the/
Watching this 2012 movie is like taking you back when you laughed at antics and moves of these 3. These actors really got into the character and I can imagine how they worked to choreograph their moves.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:13:06 pm by Mommyjazz »

Errych

• Global Moderator
  • Watch.Wait.Time will unfold & fulfill its purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 09:29:39 pm »

10 Movies You Can Watch With Your Kids This Halloween

Spend a spooky night this October 31st and bond with the kids with these kid-friendly film picks.
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/homebase/10-movies-you-can-watch-with-your-kids-this-halloween

Errych

• Global Moderator
  • Watch.Wait.Time will unfold & fulfill its purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 10:08:08 am »

When the Game’s Over, Adventure Begins in "Wreck-It-Ralph"

Tired of playing the role of a bad guy, Ralph takes matters into his own hands to prove he’s got what it takes to be a hero.
Read more:
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/news/when-the-game-s-over-adventure-begins-in-wreck-it-ralph

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:25 pm »

^
Haha! Wreck it Ralph, galing! Even adults will enjoy it kasi retro. I pointed out to my daughter while watching, the huge difference between the video games of our times and those of today. Galing talaga ng Disney, captured and audience of all ages. I highly recommend it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5