Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: watching movies with a toddler  (Read 58933 times)

CallcenterMom

• View Profile
Re: Advisable age for a child to start watching movie?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 01:55:14 pm »

Movie as in "pelikula"?  Or are you referring to educational shows?

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 08:34:34 pm »

If you are referring to going to a movie house, maybe 3 or older. Actually more than the age, it's whether your child can sit still and stay quiet throughout a movie. If not, and he / she will be noisy lang or will want to move around, hold-off on going to movie houses because nobody likes a noisy movie house, right? :)
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

Mlabable

• View Profile
Re: watching movies with a toddler
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 05:52:46 am »

We're planning to bring my son at the cinema for the MMFF movies. Wala kasi mapagiwanan, kahit san kami magpunta bitbit namin lagi.

Kaya lang iniisip ko baka mag-kulit lang so di rin namin ma-enjoy at ang ending e lumabas kami ng moviehouse ng wala sa oras. Hindi naman siya takot sa dilim at super enjoy din siya manood ng TV.

Pano ko kaya malaman if ready na siya? And full payment din pala kahit 1 year 4 months lang? Baka kasi masayang ang bayad..
Farrell and Hamir, My Precious Sons

You have been an inspiration, and will always will be.
You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
Your life has given me something I will never, ever lose.
I will do anything for your sake, because you are my precious.

mami mel

• i am my daughter's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 10:15:12 pm »

hi mga sis, hubby and i tried bringing our baby before sa movie house but they didnt let us in, 3yo daw ang minimum nila for kids kahit general patronage siya (robinsons)...ayun, and now that she's 3yo already hindi pa kami nag-try uli and this thread is such a help... im soooo looking forward to this event because both hubby and i love watching movies :)

asdomencil

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 10:36:07 am »

as long as your child can fully understand the movie..pwede na...
Just like mom AnneM said, kapag hindi na sya mainipin sa mga lugar like movie house, you can bring your child already, sayang naman kasi kung kalagitnaan ng movie e magyaya ng lumabas ang bata...

Bry♥Shey

• I ♥ My Wifey Shiela, Aliesh & Aera
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 11:18:12 am »

Panganay namin. first time niyang nakapanood sa mga sinehan when she was 5 years old. 3D kaagad kaya na aamaze siya. kaya nasa upuan lang siya hehe!

mishyla

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 01:22:20 pm »

after our first movie. nagka2nd and 3rd movie na si baby. 2nd one,. 3D na cars. since 2 years old pa lang siya, masyado malaki yung glasses..so sana meron din for kiddos natin, small size para hindi na hinahawakan.. behave pa din naman siya. then 3rd movie she watched was Happy Feet 2. she enjoyed it..looking forward sa Alvin and the Chipmunks..
MISHYLA

tiny_yabbi

• i wouldn't be here if i didnt ♥ u
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 03:37:15 am »

Im planning to bring my daughter 3 yrs old to a movie house hesitant lang din just like other mom ang question ko mga sis if may standard age ba para makapasok sila sa sinehan? thanks

mishyla

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 05:40:27 pm »

^ sis wala. since 3 years old na baby mo. may bayad yun, so pwede na..unless rated 18 or something yung papanoorin niyo..if rated PG wala naman restrictions. as per experience ito ha..
MISHYLA

fashionistamom

• Hoping for a baby boy :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 04:59:09 pm »

we already brought si baby sa movie house Im not sure when pinalabas yung Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 pero alam ko recent lang siya. Actually some movie houses allowed mga toddler as young as 1 year old basta may bayad na siya so may extra seat kami for the bags hehe. We were amazed kasi napaka behave ni baby sa movie house as long as may food siya. The first time she watched a movie with us she enjoyed it.

tiny_yabbi

• i wouldn't be here if i didnt ♥ u
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 09:26:18 pm »

Thanks sa mga post nyo...

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30:55 pm »

@prettynpink I would suggest bringing your child to the movies when he or she is a bit older so he can sit still longer and listen to instructions such as keep quiet or keep still.

Although generally, if you watch a kiddie movie like Rio, most people in the movie house are also parents with kids in tow so they'll be more understanding when your child gets restless.

In addition, you have to try and experiment for yourself to see how your child will respond in a movie house. Be prepared to exit the movie house and not finish the film the first few times.
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:41 pm »

^Yup I agree. When my daughter was 3 yrs old, we didn't even see half of the movie. Lakad ng lakad, tapos tingin ng tingin sa paligid. Since madilim nga. But now that she's 5, she's more behaved. Just be prepared for all the questions though. Like, ano daw Mommy? Saan daw? Sino yun? Ganun kasi daughter ko, once nasimulan na ang tanong, tuloy-tuloy. Pero turned out, she understood the movie. Kasi I asked her after, para I can assess too.  :)

tashasabs

• 타사 ❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »

5 years old na pwede na ba sa moviehouse? What age ba ang required? Para si eldest maipasyal na namin ni hubby.  :)
Happy to be in #sabsuniverse.

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 08:12:28 pm »

We brought Iza along with us when she was 3 years old thinking she'd get interested with the movie like her older sister since it was a cartoon.  It turned out she kept on transferring from one seat to another and almost spilled a box of popcorn on the man in front of us!  Good thing I saw it before one pocorn dropped.

Now, we still watch movies together but with a condition that she's really into the movie.
mariann[move]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5