Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Need advice on teaching kids about Bible  (Read 8044 times)

missjoan

Need advice on teaching kids about Bible
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:25:49 pm »

Honestly, myself is not a role model roman catholic however while attending sunday mass my 7 yr old eldest asked me if who is Jesus and I was caught off guard. :( he is into a montessori school and I think unlike catholic school theirs is not into teaching religion.
Can anyone help me how to teach kids about bible? Any good books to read for the kids easily grasps?

Any feedback is appreciated.

annamariemomof3

• View Profile
Re: Need advice on teaching kids about Bible
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:05:24 am »

don't over complicate it. di mo need na iexplain sa kanya ang buong bible for now. merun naman nabibili na bible stories for kids sa pcbs or st. paul maski sa national. he's 7 so he probably can read na, so you can read together and learn together di ba. merun din nabibili sa bookstore na individual bible stories / coloring book. just have fun with it

missjoan

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 09:56:09 pm »

Hi, thanks annamariemomof3 for the reply. Ako mismo I don't read a bible. I'm struggling as well when it comes to spiritual aspects. But probably will learn a lot with this journey.

Btw, I saw some books na story telling ang approach. Yun nga lang medyo pricey for each stories na bibilhin libo na rin aabutin. Will still look for cheaper ones.

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 03:40:31 pm »

Here are some things you can do so that even the little ones in your family can join in celebrating one of the holiest and happiest times in the Church year.
Ways to Teach your Kids about Holy Week

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/homebase/how-to-teach-your-kids-about-holy-week-and-easter

Angel's Mom

• View Profile
    • She Likes Labels! (..and everything in between)
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »

^ since im not a very good teacher, my daughter started her bible journey thru cd's/ dvd's at age 3.
You can buy mga bible stories in dvd's like noah's ark etc. effective kay daughter kasi tv addict talaga sya.
I also bought mga worship song for kids in videoke cd at effective din sya.
At age 6 natapos na niya panoodin yung Jesus. Its a cd na meron din book na kasama with pictures.
Right now naghahanap ako ng bible for kids kasi feeling ko medyo matured na si daughter.

You can also have your kid join sa mga sunday school or cathecism.
Hope this helps! :)
Guaranteed Authentic items from USA and Spain

www.facebook.com/shelikeslabels

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 02:26:40 pm »

I started reading the Bible to my eldest since she was born.  She has become familiar with every Biblical character since then.  But with my 2nd daughter, I must admit, I was delayed in introducing her to the Bible.

I only started when she was already 4 years old.  Fortunately, she liked reading Bible stories every night with me before going to sleep. 

I bought Bible stories that are age-appropriate from PCBS or any bookstore, so that it could easily catch their attention.  With younger kids, it's advantageous if you use the one with lots of pictures.  Now that my eldest is 8, we use my own Bible stories when I was young.  This time, it has lesser picture and the passages/stories are more detailed.
mariann[move]

ea_brea

• don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling
    • View Profile
    • La Mer de Reve
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 07:11:29 pm »

madaming kiddie bibles sa National. 2 na yung sa anak ko, parang condensed version siya ng bible, kung baga highlights lang yung sinali nila, from Old to New Testaments. maybe you can start from there. :)

mommyMidya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:45:09 pm »

Para mas ma inspire siya to read let him join some bible classes for kids or sunday schools.

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 01:10:44 am »

" I told Adriana that when she's scared, she only has to pray and the angels will come to her, and Papa Jesus will be there."
-Audrey Tan Zubiri

My Favorite Books: What’s on Audrey Tan-Zubiri’s Bookshelves
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/homebase/my-favorite-books-what-s-on-audrey-tan-zubiri-s-bookshelves

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 01:19:17 pm »

There's a devotional for teens, tweens boy, girl, even kids. I recommend yung BFF (for tween girls) and the other version for boys kasi it's authored by a FIlipina and the stories and advice fits our culture. Devotionals are read together with the bible para they will learn how the Bible can apply to our daily lives and the future.

image from  http://leavesofgrace.blogspot.com/2012/09/grand-launch.html
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 11:18:48 am »

“Spiritually plays a significant role in a child's social, emotional and cognitive development. Kids with a strong spirituality overall have greater grit, higher grades, more optimism and persistence than kids without a strong sense of spirituality,”
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/kids/big-kids/study-explains-why-spiritual-children-are-happier
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.