Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: First day of school experience. Excitement, adjustment and separation anxiety  (Read 35369 times)

ilovegabe

• A Nurse, A Mommy and A
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

I transferred my son to a new school this school year. He is so excited that he wants to bring his bag every time we go out kahit hindi naman kami sa school pupunta  ::) His classes will start on June 13, but I am already preparing his stuff. Making baon menus, checking for clean socks, ironing clothes etc., etc.

Read it on Smart Parenting.
Ayaw Paiwan sa School? How to Prevent Tearful Goodbyes With Your Preschooler

Click HERE
to read the full article.

Relate ka ba? Maging member ng Smart Parenting para makareply dito. Share your tips because as a member, you get a chance to be invited to exclusive events or grab limited freebies from Smart Parenting and partner brands!  Invites are sent via email to selected forum members so be an active Parent Chatter!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:16:54 pm by Parentchat Admin »
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
-Proverbs 22:6

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

I remember when I entered my son in nursery. I was excited and tensed because back then, my son has behavioral problems. A part of my preparation is a sit-in to observe how the teaching of the school is. The day came I need to leave him with his teacher. He was cool but I was not. I even gave the teacher a note with my cell no in case anything happens. The administrator tuloy thought he was my 1st and only child.
Then I can't leave the school premises. Nakiupo ako sa mga yaya and I can't bear their conversations and attitude so I left. 3 hours ang class and 3 blocks lang naman ang layo ng bahay namin, ba't ba ako masyadong nagaalala?
Looking back now, nakakatawa pala ako.

ea_brea

• don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling
    • View Profile
    • La Mer de Reve

my son's first day of school when he was nursery went very smoothly. he was very excited that he forgot to kiss me goodbye! pero ok lang naman. the mommies and yayas were not allowed to stay inside the school premises (kasi lalo umiiyak yung mga bata) so i went home muna. tapos sinundo ko siya after school. nagpapakwento ako kung ano ginawa nila hindi niya matandaan! haha pero pag tinanong ko kung 'did you sing?' etc naaalala naman niya. :)

proud.mommy

• View Profile

My twins' classes will start on June 13 too, but sadly, I can't prepare their food and fetch them to school. :(
I'm on bed rest right now (turning 8 months pregnant)

But I make sure that yaya is preparing healthy baons for my precious twins. :) :) :)

ilovegabe

• A Nurse, A Mommy and A
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Naku everytime nalang pag naaalala niya he asks, mommy you want go to school? I already told him (many times!) sa Monday pa class niya  ;D

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

Add ko pa, the time he started school was when I just got him off my breast (at 3 1/2 yrs old). Then he has excessive temperament which we were just starting to work with therapy. Kaya I was expecting a major scene when we parted in school. I was preparing for an extreme separation anxiety which (thank God) didn't happen. Ako pa nga yung tensed.

Now he's very sweet and gets along with different kids and teachers. Monday pa start ng school niya.

ilovegabe

• A Nurse, A Mommy and A
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Yesterday was the big day. I left him there because I had to do some errands, but he did not cry or made a scene. They were given each a cubicle (they call it office  ::) ) and a cute little chair. A classmate wanted to sit on his chair but he said "No that's my chair! "  :-\ Nahiya ako sa teacher.
I got back when they were having merienda na, nakaupo lang sya dun observing maybe. The teacher told me na he knows na pala lettters and shapes. They did some activity and the teacher told him what to do sabi daw niya sa teacher " No No, like this" gesturing how it should be done  :o  He went home with a star. And he keeps his star in a little box. He has 2 stars now. I asked him what they did in school, he said "play toys! and write number 0, number 1 number 2 and put star sa damit again"
And he still wants to go back tomorrow  ;)  ;D

♫☼Tine-Tine☼♫

• View Profile

how can i forget my daughter's first day sa school..... hehe! It was like playing Patintero! Paano ba naman sa bahay excited na pumasok, pagdating sa school at pagpasok sa room, medyo masaya pa rin ang daughter ko. Pero kapag aalis na si Mommy, hala habulan na! I need to block her from the classroom door not to go out with me! ;D

Siguro it took several days before my daughter learns that Mommy cannot be with her in school. And there was a time pa nga na ako na ang pinaaalis because her teacher is about to start the class. She then enjoys the class with her best friend classmate!  :)
Live life to the fullest

Mariel Arun

• A happy wife runs a happy home :)
    • View Profile

I was in mixed emotions when my eldest went to school for his first day. I knew he was excited, ako rin naman (or so I thought). When we arrived school I didnt leave agad, I just wanted to make myself  available in case he'll need something. I swear I was teary eyed while waiting, ewan ko ba parang ako pa ata ang may separation anxiety that time.

On his second day, when I checked on him he gestured to me to go home and made the thumbs up sign for ok. I saw his confident smile and so it gave me assurance na he's indeed ready for school and si mommy lang ata and di ready  :D

Create happy memories with our kids, its one of the things we'll leave with them, their happy childhood :)

Kuya Xtian

• View Profile

Fortunately, my daughter never cried during her first school day. At first, I always tell her some stories to make her excited at school. Whenever I wake her up as early as 5:30am she's excited to go to school
=======================================================
Minsang sinabi ni Kuya...

"Kung may pagkakataon tayo gumawa ng mabuti ay gawin na natin agad, sa panahon ngayon mas marami ang gumagawa ng masama kaysa sa mabuti"

mamacyd

• View Profile

buti pa mga kids nyo very excited to go to school. first day ng anak ko was terrible. hubs and i accompanied him sa school. excited kami makita sya magschool. nung magstart na ng class ayun na crying mode na sya. kailangan kasama pa ko sa loob and ayaw niya bitawan kamay ko kahit nakaupo na sya. 2nd day was worse! lumakas lalo iyak niya and ayaw na talaga pumasok saloob ng classroom kaya umuwi nalang kami. 3rd day sa yaya ko na pinakiusapang samahan para mawala na separation anxiety niya.

mommyannamie

• View Profile

Share ko rin experience ko sa first day ng aking toddler who is now 2 and a half yr old. He's so excited to attend in big school class. I was so excited too and a bit tense kasi baka manakit ang son ko. Because he tends to do such bad behavior whenever he feels so excited or either he feels bored already. Because of too much excitement also, full force kami ng granny (lolo at Lola) me and my hubby. But he'll be left naman with his grannies until he went home kasi 2 hours lang sya in school.
The following day, pagkagising niya agad, he told me agad: "Mommy, go to school na". I was surprised kasi di pa nga nakakabangon sa bed ay aspiring na mag-school. Kakaaliw talaga.

davesant32

• View Profile

maingay nanaman sa bahay, kasi po lagi may paaalala para sa mga bata. Mga homework, pagtulog nang maaga, paggising, mga gamit na baka mawala. Hehe

mommyghee

• View Profile

Calvin started school last June. Naninibago pa siya sa school, classmates and teachers niya. Tapos nung sinundo na namin siya sabi niya samin ng Daddy niya, "Mommy, Daddy, I don't understand what are they talking about" Yun pala kasi nagta-tagalog yung mga classmates niya. At sabi pa nung teacher samin, "Misis, masyadong slang si Calvin kaya hindi naman masyadong maintindihan". Kaya ngayon, pahirapana kaming mag-turo ng tagalog kay Calvin. At may friends na rin siya sa school, may nagiinvite nga daw sa kanya sa birthday party kaso ayaw niya pumunta.

mworx

• View Profile

@mommyghee....hindi ka nagiisa....ganyan din anak ko kaya nahirapan ako maghanap ng school para sa kanya.  She does not understand any tagalog words at slang din.

She's 3years and 4months old.  May mga trauma (lalo na sa doctor) siya kaya hindi agad siya makikipag socialize even on kids of her age kahit mas maliit pa sa kanya....  Na-try ko sa Young Achiever, free trial, hindi nag-work kahit na pag-5 siya sa class. She was looking for me and feeling ko emotionally, she is not ready.  So....try ko Gymboree, Music3, ayun sa 45 minutes nakatakip ang ears niya....I don't know if she does not want to listen or whatsoever but her experience with Gymboree did help on her next school search.  Siguro naisip niya it's fun and there is nothing to be scared.......

At last, Kindermusik....  Okay yun teacher (straight english at mas maganda talaga pag nanay rin kasi nakaka relate sa problema ng bata unlike yung wala pang asawa), approach was good......nag start kami last saturday.

Hoping next session will be more fun for her....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5