Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: how to re-lactate?  (Read 96225 times)

mummienina

Re: Gusto magpabreastfeed ulit sa baby ko pero wala na akong supply ng breastmilk
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2010, 12:41:26 am »

hi mommy! I just read from what to expect when expecting the first year book that you can relactate by pumping. This will stimulate your breast to produce milk. So you could try pumping while trying to baby back to BF. This way pumping and baby's sucking will help stimulate milk production.
 Good luck mommy! Hope you and baby will be successful!

Stay-At-Home-Mom

• nothing is happier than being a mom..=)
    • View Profile
Re: Gusto magpabreastfeed ulit sa baby ko pero wala na akong supply ng breastmilk
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2010, 05:25:50 pm »

salamat po ng madami mga mommies...ttry ko po..sana magwork..empty na kasi talaga..even droplets wala na eh..

joluessi

• How wonDERFul life is, now you're in the world...
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Once Upon a Girl
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2010, 09:02:10 am »

salamat po ng madami mga mommies...ttry ko po..sana magwork..empty na kasi talaga..even droplets wala na eh..

Praying you'll be successful.. ;) God bless!

ghnykhy

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2010, 12:18:59 pm »

@stay-at-home-mom,

6mos. na rin yong baby ko, mixed feeding ako, pero during night time lang ang breastfeed. Humina ang milk supply ko, so may mga time na naiinis ang baby ko kapag wala na siyang makuhang milk, naawa ako. Yesterday i bought electric breast pump, pero parang wala namang nangyayari, sobrang konti lang talaga ang nakukuha kong milk.

mga sis ano pa ba pwede kong gawin para dumami ulit ang milk supply ko, working mom kasi ako. Gusto ko kasi now bumalik ulit sa breastfeeding kahit working mom ako.

joluessi

• How wonDERFul life is, now you're in the world...
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Once Upon a Girl
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2010, 12:32:02 pm »

hi mommie ghnykhy, try to pump pa din kahit sa tingin mo walang lumalabas.. the more you pump or nurse your baby, mas dadami yan.. supply and demand nga lang daw yan eh.. hehe.. and as much as possible, give your breast to baby whenever you have time, pag nasa bahay ka.. ako working din, nagpa-pump ako sa office, at least 2x a day, and then, pag nasa bahay ako, breastfeed si baby.. although mixed feeding na siya, kasi minsan, sobrang takaw talaga niya, at least meron pa ring breastmilk.. more fluids, more soups (especially malunggay).. you might also want to try yung powdered malunggay capsule, Prolacta or Natalac or yung Fenugreek.

Check out these threads:
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php?topic=276.msg1936#msg1936

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php?topic=376.0

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php?topic=18683.0

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php?topic=1715.0

Hope this will encourage you to continue breastfeeding..

Enjoy! God bless!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:36:51 pm by joluessi »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: baby not getting enough milk - how to re-lactate?
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2010, 12:52:38 pm »

same topic merged.

mummienina

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2010, 01:46:52 pm »

yes pumping every 2-3hrs daw talaga kelangan to stimulate more milk.

Kermy

• View Profile
Is it still possible to Breastfeed even after months of not doing it?
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2011, 01:01:12 pm »

My baby was born prematurely at 8 months. I was able to express breastmilk while she was confined in the ICU of the hospital but it only lasted for 3 weeks. My milk production probably stopped due to the stress I have to deal with while my baby is in the hospital. From the time my baby was discharged, he was formula fed.

It's been 3 months and I'm thinking of breast feeding him. Is it still possible? Thanks.

purple_girl

• View Profile
Re: Is it still possible to Breastfeed even after months of not doing it?
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2011, 05:24:14 am »

yup. it's still possible but mahirap. you would really need to be determined and committed to it para mag succeed ka. you can read up on how to relactate from the net. search ka lang sa google.

a_y_e_n

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2011, 07:07:02 pm »

pareho tayo kermy! im also trying to relactate. problem ko naman si baby ayaw maglatch saken since nipple confused na siguro. nakachat ko sa isang online discussion si ms abbie yabot of LLL. eto sabi niya, I saved it kase for reference:

it is best if baby is below 4 months old, mommy is not working and can do a 6 week 24/7 direct latch with baby... how easy or how hard it is depends on :
1. is baby nipple confused?
2. is baby open to going back to breastfeeding? fast learner?
3. is mommy really open to relactation? her body's general health and relaxation capability
4. how supportive mommy's environment is to relactation (including family, househelp and doctors)

balitaan mo ko kung ano magyayari sayo ha.  :)

doc ina

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2011, 04:52:31 pm »

I agree with both mommy ayen and mommy purple_girl. :)

many moms have been able to re-lactate even months after they have not done it.

In Africa where mothers die of aids, women (surrogate mothers) who have not been breastfeeding for years were able to do so using malunggay and massage.  This is called lactation massage.  It uses light long strokes on the back and shoulders.  A massage center in greenhills dose this tyoe of massage.

http://www.mb.com.ph/node/276395/lactating-luxury

thanks moms! keep asking questions!

God bless!

Doc Ina

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2011, 07:07:37 pm »

buti nalang nakkita ko tong thread na to.nung nakaraan kase 1.5 days kong hindi napa breastfeed si baby tapos nung dumede sya parang gripo ang milk ko then after nun humina na sya, nagtyaga talaga ako ng 4 days nun. ngayon bumalik na sya but not kasing lakas nung dati, magbabalik work na din ako and i am thinking na bumili na ng pump.

eowyn

• I so love being a mom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2011, 04:03:25 pm »

@sis Kermy:

i sought the home service massage of fabella hospital midwives. usually it's 3 sessions (an hour a day, if i remember it right). they massaged my whole body to help me relax and to stimulate blood circulation. i felt "emancipated" from all the stress that time. i really don't know if that's FACT or myth, but my milk production improved after that. i only availed a day of their service though. i also took natalac (malunggay capsule) and took lots of fluid-- milk, water, soup, broth (in viands). expressing milk through breastpumps also stimulates milk production, but the best is to have your baby latch on. without sounding "bastos," our lamaze instructor told me to let hubby "latch on" because his force of sucking is greater than our baby's.  you can try hot compress (wet towel with warm water but not so warm to burn your skin) on your chest. it sort of "unclogs" those milk ducts. milk just drips from my nips afterwards. ;D

believe it or not, it took almost a year before my body ceased producing milk. i breastfed my son until he was two years old, and it was only when he turned three that i lost the uncomfy feeling of slightly engorged breasts, and there were times that i tried to squeeze milk from my breasts to see if i still have them (milk) and i was surprised i still do.  ;D

goodluck, mommy. hope you'd "revive" your milk production soon.   

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2011, 12:25:50 pm »

thanks for the idea sis, i'll try those massage. i felt like i am so stressed so most probabbly that's the reason why.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9