Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Rocks and Sand  (Read 4256 times)

ysLim

• View Profile
Rocks and Sand
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:56:42 pm »

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, rocks about 2" in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The students laughed. The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

"Now," said the professor, "I want you to recognize that this is your life. The rocks are the important things - your family, your partner, your health, your children - anything that is so important to you that if it were lost, you would be nearly destroyed."

He continued, "The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else. The small stuff."

"So, if you put the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your energy and time on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are most important to you."

mizpah_karylle

• View Profile
Re: Rocks and Sand
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:30:51 pm »

i very much agree. need to prioritize the important things. thanks for sharing.  ;)

ysLim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:53:28 pm »

you're welcome sis!  ;)

1sttimemom

• inta hayati inta habibi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:30:50 pm »

nice one thanks for sharing!  :)
You know you're in a good place when you can laugh at something that would have made you mad in the past...:)

ysLim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:40 am »

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand:

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him.

After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone:

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE.

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, “After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?”

The other friend replied “When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.”

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.

mami shae

• proud mom of thaeron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:29:31 am »

very nice read :) thanks for sharing

ysLim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:35:54 am »

no prob sis.  ;)