Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: How to pray the rosary?..  (Read 9241 times)

honey-ecclaire

• this is the last time I fall inlove...
    • View Profile
How to pray the rosary?..
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:12:38 pm »

Mga sis,kakahiya man but I really don't know how to pray the rosary...i search the web already but naguguluhan ako sa mysteries do I need to recite them pa?

please help mga mommies!
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh

wendystar

• ♥ happy mom ♥
    • View Profile
Re: How to pray the rosary?..
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:20:53 pm »

hi sis! yep, may mysteries siya na dapat i-follow everyday. Every 'mystery' may 5 'stages' siya kaya diba 50 yung maliliit na beads ng rosary kase every stage, we have to use 10 beads (10 Hail Mary's).

Marami pang prayers na kasama yun sis especially after the 5th mystery so it would be best kung bili ka na lang ng prayer booklet.
meron naman nabibilihan nun sa mga religious stores.  :D
[move]

honey-ecclaire

• this is the last time I fall inlove...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 10:28:07 pm »

oo nga eh,gulong-gulo na ako dito sa nakikita ko sa web....i really want to do it na para sana sa birthday ni mama mary bukas......

para na din sa FIL ko,...
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh

anerba :)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 12:02:03 am »

sis, madali lang yan. tama si mommy wendystar. sa st. paul (store sya sis meron nyan sa mall like SM) may nabibili na rosary guide at madali lang sundin. the last time bumili ako 10 pesos lang sis ewan ko na ang ngayon.
I'm simple and loving Mom

Shanelle™

• i could not ask for more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 12:50:35 am »

Sis, see this link for the guide:
http://www.how-to-pray-the-rosary.com/

Yung sa mysteries po, babanggitin mo lang yung mystery for that specific day. Tama sabi ni mommy, sa St Pauls me booklets, yung iba me rosary din.

Hope this helps.

Anika Gabrielle will be turning 3. How time flies so fast! She's already a big, big girl.

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 07:36:16 am »

A Million Roses for the World is a campaign initiated by the Family Rosary Crusade to encourage all Catholic Filipinos, living in the Philippines and in other parts of the world, to pray the rosary for world peace.
the campaign hopes to enlist one million Filipinos to pray five decades of the Holy Rosary everyday from October 10, 2011 to May 30, 2012.
click image

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 01:36:21 pm »

Share ko lang po mga sis. Eto sinasabayan ko pag nag rosary ako.

http://www.comepraytherosary.org/

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 09:11:11 pm »

The Mysteries of the Holy Rosary

Joyful Mysteries (Mon, Sat): (1) The Annunciation, (2) The Visitation, (3) The Nativity, (4) The Presentation, (5) The Finding of Jesus in the Temple

Luminous Mysteries (Thu): (1) The Baptism of the Lord , (2) The Wedding at Cana, (3) The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God, (4) The Transfiguration, (5) The Institution of the Eucharist

Sorrowful Mysteries (Tue, Fri): (1) The Agony in the Garden, (2) The Scourging at the Pillar, (3) The Crowning with Thorns, (4) The Carrying of the Cross, (5) The Crucifixion

Glorious Mysteries (Wed, Sun): (1) The Resurrection, (2) The Ascension, (3) The Descent of the Holy Spirit, (4) The Assumption, (5) The Coronation

Rosary Prayer

Make the Sign of the Cross (hold crucifix between thumb and forefinger while making the sign, then kiss it)
   Say the Apostles' Creed
   (petition may be said here)

Say the Our Father
○○○
   Say three Hail Marys

Say the Glory Be

Announce the First Mystery,

Say the Our Father                                                             
○○○○○○○○○○                                                                           
   Say ten Hail Marys while meditating on the Mystery.   

Say the Glory Be
   Say the Fatima Prayer

Announce the Second Mystery

(Repeat the sequence in blue)

Announce the Third Mystery

Announce the Fourth Mystery

Announce the Fifth Mystery

Say the Hail Holy Queen

V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
   R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Say The Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary (optional)
   Say the Concluding Prayers (optional)
   Make the Sign of the Cross using the crucifix again, then kiss it

Prayers

The Sign of the Cross

in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen

Our Father

Our Father in Heaven, Holy be your name. Your kingdom come.  Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.  Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.  Do not bring us to the test. But deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.  Amen.

Glory be

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.  Amen

The Apostle's Creed

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.  He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day He arose again. He ascended into heaven, and seated at the right hand of the Father.  He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.  Amen.

Fatima Prayer
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy.

Hail, Holy Queen

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!  Hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, O most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

Concluding Prayers

Let us pray. O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life.  Grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.

May the Divine Assistance remain always with us; Amen.
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in Peace; Amen.

May the Blessings of the Almighty God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, descend upon us and remain with us always; Amen+

source: http://shrineofourladyofgrace.ph/shrine/content/how-pray-rosary
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:08:52 pm by Daddy Jojo »

two_angels'_mom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 10:24:02 pm »

thanks for sharing dady jojo..eto na pala yung bagong misteries of the rosary yung me luminous na im still using the old one kasi pag nagrorosary ako :)

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 11:09:45 pm »

Hi two_angels'_mom

Yes, it's a beautiful new set of Mysteries that completes the Gospel story!

I love calling it the Mysteries of Light!

I have spent the whole night encoding, copying, pasting and editing so that there will be a new guide for those who would like to pray the Rosary.

On summers, like this one, I look forward to long bus rides when traveling.  It's an opportunity to pray all twenty decades of the entire rosary!

Tomorrow, May 13, we will celebrate the Feast Day of Our Lady of Fatima coinciding with Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, Mama Mary!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:15:29 pm by Daddy Jojo »