Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Civil Wedding requirements and procedures  (Read 350075 times)

cris25

• View Profile
Re: Civil Wedding requirements and procedures
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 09:58:50 pm »

hello! welcome to sp!!

first you need to go the civil registrar of the municipality you live in . can be your place or your bf's. apply for a marriage license. you will need to fill up the forms and the requirements will be given to you by the civil registar.
hope this helps  ;D

kabute019

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 02:08:45 pm »

hi ! ask ko lang po.. ano po ba ang age bracket sa civil wedding na hindi na kailangan ng parents consent?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:18:58 pm by Coolmom22 »

chimendoza09

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2011, 02:44:20 pm »

hello sis! welcome to SP :)

i've got this for you.

In case both or either one of you is between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, you are required to submit to the local civil registrar the consent of your father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge over you, in that order. The parental consent is written in form and the parents or guardian should appear personally before the civil registrar. The consent could also be in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. These will be attached to the application for the marriage license. So above 21 sis di na kailangan ng consent pero magpo-provide pa din ng parent's advise.

In case both or either one of you is between the ages of twenty-one and twenty-five, you are obliged to ask your parents or guardian for the parental advice. This is also written in form, and accompanied by a sworn statement by both of you that such advice was sought. These are attached to the application for the marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement. If your parents refuse to give you advice or if the advice is unfavorable, then the marriage license will not be issued until after three months following the completion of the publication of the application for the marriage license.

http://www.kasal.com/html/rr/thelaw/thelaw7.html
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:51:38 pm by mommychi »

mixx

• rockstarXmom
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:50 am »

:)) sayang. gusto ko panaman ng secret marriage. lol.
First time , well-informed,research addict, exclusively breastfeeding, internet geek,  young mom to Aiden Alexandria -- August 30, 2010. :)

mydestiny_10

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 03:18:42 am »

uhmmm im new in this site po..hindi kpo alam how topost kung ano man i aas ko..anway.the case goes like this.. me and my bf want to get marry po on judge or mayor..but the question is.. oanu pu ba yung mga requirements ..kc po im 24 lang and he is 40 na. may nbasa din po ako knna dto na theres someone out here na may kakilala na puwede maghelp fixing about my prob.. can you pls help me out po..pls..

salamat po ng madami..

magilas

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2011, 05:19:38 am »

hi sis mydestiny_10, all you need is information.

marriage license is a formal requirement. as posters here say, you need to go to the city civil registry where you or your boyfriend lives. andito nakalista yung requirements for a marriage license. most cities require that you give a certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR), which you need to get from the NSO. Better din to get for each one of you so you know, walang sabit talaga boyfriend mo.

other requirements, both of your birth certificates. since you are 24, your parents' advice should also be given.

be sure to put all correct details on the application for the marriage license.

you can easily do this. hwag ka na kumuha ng gagawa na di mo kilala kasi magkaka problem lang on the address, date of issuance, etc. magka issue pa on the legality of your marriage.

i hope this helps. ask questions if you do need clarifications.  :)

chimendoza09

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 10:03:29 am »

Hello mga sis Gmac and Mydestiny_10 :)

Since you are 22 and 24 respectively, ito nalang siguro kailangan niyong documents para maka secure ng marriage license.

Both parties' NSO Birth Certificate
Both parties' NSO Cenomar
Both parties' Cedula
Popcom Seminar
Parent's Advise

(21-18 kasi kailangan pa ng CSWD Ceminar and Parent's Consent)

Go to the Civil Registrar kung saang Munisipyo o City kayo magpapakasal to ask the schedule of the PopCom Seminar. Kailangan personal appearance sa seminar na ito pero i don't know how true na merong iba na pwede lang bayaran ang seminar na ito. Siguro ito yung tinatawag na - fixers' time.  ;)

pag na complete niyo na lahat ng documents pwede niyo na ito i-file sa civil registrar, in case sa inyo dahil 22 at 24 kayo, kailangan niyo isama father niyo(may dalang sedula din)  para magpirma ng parent's advise at isang witness-not related to both parties (na kailangan din may dalang sedula). Tapos wait kayo ng 10 working days bago ito ma release. Pag nasecure na ang license, punta na kayo sa munisipyo o sa hall of justice kung saan niyo isubmit ang marriage license para ma schedule na ang inyong wedding.

BTW: base ito on my experience mga sis. i don't know baka may naidagdag na ngayong ibang requirements.

kabute019

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 07:15:03 pm »

@mommychi: THANKS SIS.. :D

@mixxotrophic: me too.. HAHAHA.  :P

ehmm

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2011, 09:46:03 pm »

hi mga sis,

question lang po. same lang po ba ang requirements pag church wedding? need parin po ba ng marriage licence? paano po pag bigla na lang nagpakasal sa church without any req valid parin po ba yung kasal?

Thank you
live life to the fullest

insensitive

• i didn't know i was capable of feeling so much...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2011, 02:20:20 pm »

same procedure sis sa civil at church...

hindi ka po makakasal hanggat walang marriage license or walang magkakasal sa inyo sis..wala kayong pipirmahan syempre after wedding :D

sweet&spice

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2011, 02:50:18 pm »

as sis magilas said: all you need is information. don't rely nor use the aid of fixers.

i have listed here, common questions that any bride to be, may have:

Q: what's the difference between a civil wedding from a church wedding, requirements wise?
A:  same for all parts. sa church lang, may mga pre-wedding/cana seminars pa. i just don't know if these are required na for civil wedding lang, pero, by law, you just have to prove that your identity, age, and the fact that you're single and mentally capable (kaya kailangan ng presence).

Q:  do i still need to get married in church, if i married civilly (before a judge/justice/mayor)?
A:  no. kasi there is only one record of marriage, yung first marriage. if you get married more than once, they will just use the same marriage license number, and one marriage is enough. it's binding and legal, as long as you follow the requirements.

Q:  is the marriage license the same for both civil and church wedding?
A:  opo. the same. in both cases, you will need to go to your local civil registry (where your fiance/you reside).  you just go and apply to one civil registry. choose if its your fiance's or yours' civil registry.

Q:  may difference ba if kung saang registry? which is preferred?
A:  none. it makes no difference which registry you go to, either his or yours. some municipalities though have lower fees than others. as to fees, i don't know how much.

Q:  what are the pitfalls when you hire a fixer?
A:  usually, you hire a fixer because you want things done faster, or requirements to appear "completed". if that's the case, then, your problems will arise. a lot of annulment cases are borne out of fake marriage license. if your marriage/wedding is important to you, go through the normal process and make sure you have these things legitimately.
When happiness is at the horizon, seize it, call out to it. Claim and decide that it's yours!

ehmm

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2011, 08:31:57 pm »

Thanks for the info..i have question parin po.

Is it true na pedeng makakuha ng Marriage license pag nag live in ng 5 yrs? affidavit na lang ang papakita sa civil registry? legal pa rin po yun?

thanks
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:33:54 pm by ehmm »
live life to the fullest

magilas

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2011, 11:35:52 am »

re question on living in together for at least 5 years, for sis ehmm:

1) this is one of the exceptions to the rule that all marriage should have a marriage license before the ceremony can take place;

2) take note, the requirement also is that the man and woman living together as husband and wife, should both have no legal impediment to marry each other [if 1st cousins, even if 10 years pa living together, this will not apply]

(add also: must have legal capacity to marry, age [at least 18], sex [must be man and woman]

3) so, there is no need to get a marriage license if both parties have been living together for at least 5 years

4) affidavit that says so is usually found at the back of the certificate of marriage, to be signed by both parties. and solemnizing officer should have ascertained, before conducting the ceremony, that there are no legal impediments for the parties to marry each other.

the particular provision under the Family Code is quoted below:

"Art. 34. No license shall be necessary for the marriage of a man and a woman who have lived together as husband and wife for at least five years and without any legal impediment to marry each other. The contracting parties shall state the foregoing facts in an affidavit before any person authorized by law to administer oaths. The solemnizing officer shall also state under oath that he ascertained the qualifications of the contracting parties are found no legal impediment to the marriage."

marriages falling under this exception are also legal, even without a marriage license.

take note also, this provision is used by fixers para di na kumuha ng marriage license for parties wanting to rush into marriage. papirmahin na lang parties kahit di totoo. of course, if any one should be signing anything, please check what you are signing on. if not true, then baka magka issue pa sa legality ng marriage nyo later.

magilas

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2011, 11:48:36 am »

dagdag lang. if the 2 parties living in together are married to somebody else, or kahit 1 lang sa kanila, di rin pwede.

this is not an exception to the general list of capacities needed to be married, and to whom you can marry. in other words, dapat pwede ka munang ikasal sa taong ka live in mo, bago mag apply yung exception to getting a marriage license.

sweet&spice

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2011, 12:26:10 pm »

i concur with Justice Magilas. fully concur.  ;)
When happiness is at the horizon, seize it, call out to it. Claim and decide that it's yours!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13