Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?  (Read 18495 times)

Mariel@TheLearningBasket

• View Profile
Re: Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 07:18:56 pm »

I do! Sometimes, that's all we do and I'm happy with our school day (we're homeschooling)  :) We don't watch TV so our books, games, and imagination are our only source of entertainment. I was so amazed that she started reading by age 3, and now that's she's 4, she's a much more confident reader. I didn't teach her the mechanics of reading. I suppose it's just from the sheer number of books that we read and that we have available at home.

www.thelearningbasket.com
Love and Magic. Wonder and Imagination.
Discovery and Exploration. Joyful Learning!

ysLim

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 02:06:08 pm »

yes almost every night. yung 1yo ko lage niya inaabot ang book niya para basahin ko at gustong-gusto niya. minsan tinatamad ako, so tinatago ko fave book niya para tulog na kami agad. haha. bad mommy.

Pampsky

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 02:16:49 pm »

I do every night before going to bed.  He begs me to eh! I think he sees it happening often in movies and cartoons... :)) But yeah, he did improve a lot in reading because of that. Before kasi I dont, I always tell him na "next time" but since lately, I see him less, I take every opportunity I have to bond with him, and that includes bedtime stories.

einie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 02:22:22 pm »

i started reading to my baby even before he was out in this world. it's basically the same with singing or talking. it's our bonding moment when i was still pregnant with him. and i've noticed that whenever i sing or read the same books to him now (he's less than 3 months now), he tends to listen more. i think he recognizes the tune of the song or the sounds of the words. it's great! i intend to do this with him for as long as i can.

Pampsky

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 02:57:02 pm »

einie talga? thats nice. :)  I think I should have done the same with my first child.  I was busy kasi during my pregnancy with him. Sayang, i'll do it with my next baby, thanks for sharing that. :)

einie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 03:55:13 pm »

yes sis Pampsky, it's great di ba? i saw that from my older sister, she used to read and sing the incy wincy spider to my nephew and when he was out, hala, he loved to listen to his mom everytime she reads and sings incy wincy. and it worked for my baby too..  :D

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 07:00:26 pm »

I do! I read to them almost every night. I started reading Bible stories that are appropriate to their age. I was doing it every bedtime with my eldest. But since I was hands-on with Micah's academics, I get so tired by the time it's sleeping time, so I can't read to Iza anymore.

Now, I'm making it up to both of them.  I started by helping Micah develop her study habits, and while she's reading her lessons, I give my attention to Iza who is now a preschooler.
mariann[move]

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2013, 12:24:42 pm »

I read on SP May issue na talagang importante ito. Honestly kahit pagod na ako at gusto ko nang matulog, I have to make time for this. Right now we're reading Horton Hears a Who. Kahit 2 pages lang in 1 night.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

aram724

• View Profile
Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 05:36:57 pm »

Subscribing..
aram

Emily5996

• View Profile
Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2013, 04:14:52 am »

Been reading to my children since they were like a 1y old. In three they started to recognize letters and slowly reading themselves even books like Alice in Wonderland, To be a dragonet is terrific! and so on! I think it's great start of their future life, when you bring them to reading!

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 11:21:05 am »

Anyone tried reading a disney book to familiarize your child with the character and plot before watching the movie? Hindi kasi attentive ang bata sa loob ng sinehan.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2017, 06:03:46 pm »

4 Reasons Science-Loving Kids Grow Up to Be Successful Adults
Reading is one. This article shows what you can do about it.
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/real-parenting/4-reasons-science-loving-kids-grow-up-to-be-successful-adults-adv-con

Pages: 1 2 [3]