Parent Chat

Author Topic: son is depress..  (Read 6187 times)

Merchuhu

• View Profile
son is depress..
« on: August 07, 2011, 06:33:27 am »

when my husband died 3 month, my son suddenly changed.. he doesnt talk much, he wants to be alone and is not so much participative in class anymore ( as what the teacher told me ).. he was a very active and good boy..
i know its tough loosing someone you love.. i talk to him and every tried to get him to counselling but it doesnt seem to work.. he has not opened up his feelings yet.. should i push him or let him be ? the last thing his farther told him was to be a good boy, finish school and be a good citizen.. im scared of what he might do to himself  and do stuffs that he will regret in the future.. he only has me left and life is unpredictable..

i want him to finish school, but its gonna hard.. :(

i need help on what to do.. 

Mod's note:
Why It Can Be Easy to Miss the Signs of Depression in Your Teen

Read it on Smart Parenting. Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/tweens-teens/teen-depression-why-parents-are-missing-the-signs-a00026-20171012

Post a question about this topic or share your experience. 
Login or register to join this and other discussions! Members get a downloadable freebie upon registration or membership update.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:43:11 pm by Mommy Jazz »

mworx

• View Profile
Re: son is depress..
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:21:25 am »

Can't really comment on this kasi hindi ako nasa ganitong situation but take it slow...have a dialogue.  Wag mong i-pressure.  Alalayan mo lang kasi mahirap nga pag hindi siya mag open ng feelings niya.  Paalam mo rin sa kanya ang nararamdaman mo about the lost....para alam niya na hindi siya nagiisa at naandyan ka.

mumzeth

• See GOD bigger than yourself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:38:18 pm »

hi sis.. mahirap magsalita kasi wala ako sa ganitong sitwasyon.. pero yung pinsan ko namatay din dad niya.. nagiging ganyan din sya katulad sa son mo pero yung mommy niya lagi syang kinakausap tapos laging sinasabi ng mom niya na "anak magpapakabait ka ha.. kasi yun ang gusto ni daddy" naghihinay hinay lang yung tita ko.. last july 15 lang namatay yung daddy ng pinsan ko..
Read John 3:16 but replace the blanks with your name..

"For GOD so loved _______ that he gave his one and only Son, so that if ________ believes in him, _______ will not perish but have eternal life."

just wanna share how much GOD loves us.. :)

mommy e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:00 pm »

when my husband died 3 month, my son suddenly changed.. he doesnt talk much, he wants to be alone and is not so much participative in class anymore ( as what the teacher told me ).. he was a very active and good boy..
i know its tough loosing someone you love.. i talk to him and every tried to get him to counselling but it doesnt seem to work.. he has not opened up his feelings yet.. should i push him or let him be ? the last thing his farther told him was to be a good boy, finish school and be a good citizen.. im scared of what he might do to himself  and do stuffs that he will regret in the future.. he only has me left and life is unpredictable..

i want him to finish school, but its gonna hard.. :(

i need help on what to do..

sis, how old na is your son? kasi magiging dependent yung approach sa ganyang situation base sa age ng bata ... i feel for you and for your son, sis ... so sad to hear this kind of story ... :-(
Count your blessings .... not what's missing ....

☆♥♡unica hija☆♥♡

• Joshua - the only man constant in my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 09:16:24 pm »

@Merchuhu - if you're son is showing signs of depression, please don't leave him on his own. always make sure na palagi siya may kasama. I am not trying to scare you or anything, but last night a neighbor of ours committed suicide and he was just 13 or 14 years old. Kaya please make sure na di maiiwan na magisa sa room o kahit saan son mo. And better consult a priest or a pastor and have them talk to your son as well. Baka sa kanila mag sabi anak mo ng feelings niya.
I hope and pray your son will feel better.
[move]

momi95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:05:06 pm »

Sis, never get tired of trying to talk to your son, anything and everything. Wala man ako sa posisyon mo, but I know you are going through a very tough situation. Pero for now, you are his strength. Ipakita mo sa kanya na strong ka. Siguro, also give him some time. Di pa din niya maovercome ang pagkawala ni Daddy. In time, sis, makakarecover din siya. I'll be praying for you and your son... God bless

MarchRose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 03:06:26 pm »

He is maybe having a hard time accepting the loss. I don't really know how to help you because I haven't been in this situation. A brother of mine, who is now located in the US, has a similar problem. His son wasn't able to accept that his mother and father has divorced. His father then enrolled him to a military camp for the summer. They help the teen boost their confidence and helped him in accepting his predicament. I don't know if we have that here in the Philippines but maybe you can find a similar help.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:55:49 pm by MarchRose »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 10:18:14 pm »

Don't Ignore Your Teen When She Expresses Suicidal Thoughts

Read it on Smart Parenting. Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/tweens-teens/suicide-in-teens-a00026-20180104