Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: airplane ride / flying with children / infant  (Read 84570 times)

mamiof2

• View Profile
Re: airplane ride / flying with children / infant
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 08:40:27 am »

Hi Mommies,

I heard best din daw para sa toddlers natin (2-4 y/o) and even kids yung mag chew ang bubble gum when the plane is about to fly and land.  Para daw di sila mabingi. 

True ba yun??

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 11:50:25 am »

Yes. Chewing and sucking from a bottle (for babies) relieves pressure in the ears. During take off and landing, the cabin's pressure changes to adjust to the altitude. The pressure in our ears are affected. It has to equalize with the changing pressure of the cabin. For adults, chewing gum is also good and so as yawning. Cotton buds and earplugs aren't effective. Kaya mahirap mag travel when you have colds because our ears are blocked no matter what you do. Tale cold relief medicines before you board.

mamiof2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 12:16:59 pm »

Thanks a lot Mommyjazz.
I will surely buy chewing gum.  I have it noted on my list of thing to bring in bohol.
Yes, I felt that blocked ear due to colds when I flew to Taiwan last June 2009.  Grabe is in parang sasabog yung ears ko, kahit anong blow and yawn ang gawin ko. I drank cold relief b4 the departure but it doesnt work..My friend just gave me a menthol candy and I'm glad it worked!  ;)

Mi-chee

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 06:40:39 pm »

Yes. Chewing and sucking from a bottle (for babies) relieves pressure in the ears. During take off and landing, the cabin's pressure changes to adjust to the altitude. The pressure in our ears are affected. It has to equalize with the changing pressure of the cabin. For adults, chewing gum is also good and so as yawning. Cotton buds and earplugs aren't effective. Kaya mahirap mag travel when you have colds because our ears are blocked no matter what you do. Tale cold relief medicines before you board.

This is so true, i experience this recently with my son.... what I did, I have to stand up in the aisle para mag-hele sa kanya pag ok na to remove the seatbelt buti na lang maraming vacant seats then upo ulit. or sometimes the crew would assist him when his walking sa aisle...thankful ako mabait sila. so sucking from the bottle, cold reflief medicine, chewing gum, lollipop, candies did'nt work with him.

Going back to Manila naman,he slept for a while I thought ok na, then he cried for the last 30-45 mins of the trip until we landed sa airport, kasi this time no vacant seats. Di sya maka-play around. Lately, i realized this is maybe due to his colds and yung pressure sa ears niya.

liams mom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 09:48:56 pm »

hi everyone! it's nice to know may thread na about this topic as i am in the same dilema right now and i badly need some "comforting words" from moms like you, kahit medyo matagal na yung topic :) my now 1 yr and 4 month old son has ridden a plane with us to hk and back when he was 1yr and 1 week old. he slept throughout the flight, good! but the thing is, my husband was with us that time and it was just a 1.5hr trip. now, i will be travelling alone with this little boy on a 9hr trip to Dubai on Wednesday night. I'm hoping and praying he will also sleep the entire flight...He's still considered infant as per airline rule so I would have to carry him on my lap the whole time... thought I know the airline provides bassinets. I really don't know what to expect on this flight. Medyo may kalikutan na kasi ang baby ko. Wish me luck moms!
lga

GL and KL

• My bumblebee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 01:47:09 am »

Good luck! Sana behave si baby!

moonriver

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 09:59:02 pm »

what's the earliest that an infant can fly? anong month po?

rdan19

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 06:20:39 am »

Plano mag vac kami sa davao.  Ano ba recommendation for air travel for a newborn? Actually 3 wks only na si baby.  ok at 3 months? 6 months? 

mama_jo

• female version of her papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »

@rdan19: for me, masyadong pang maaga ibyahe ang 3 weeks old baby. 

@rdan19 & moonriver:  we travelled from Manila to Iloilo before with barely 4-month old baby. 

ang advised ng medical staff ng PAL, kailangan walang sipon baby during the travel. baka kasi di niya makakayanan ang air pressure at sasakit ears niya that triggers crying at lalo mag-clogged nose. babies daw kasi humihinga using their nose lang. during the takeoff and landing, dapat magmi-milk/water ang baby kasi sucking can reduce the effect of air pressure to ears.

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2011, 06:33:36 pm »

How to Make Air Travel with Baby Hassle-free

Smart advice and safety tips when it comes to traveling by plane.
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/travel-trips-activities/how-to-make-air-travel-with-baby-hassle-free

♥♥♥ RXmom ♥♥♥

• I am your angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 11:45:23 am »

first time magtravel ng son ko kaya super happy kami na excited sya sumakay ng airplane..
although nakalimutan namin magdala ng makakain niya para mawala yung pressure sa tenga
niya hindi naman sya umiyak basta sabi niya lang masakit or tinuturo niya yung tenga niya so
ang ginawa namin kinausap namin at tinuruan sya na magswallow or magyawn para mawala
yung pressure at hindi sya masaktan. thank God at hindi sya natrauma sa pagsakay kundi
laking problema sa next travel namin:D
GOD is good all the time

darling

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 10:57:43 am »

mommies!! anyone experience na dala si baby mag take ng plane nag karon problem exmaple yung nag wawala baby nyo dahil natatakot sa loob ng plane esp.take off ang plane  di ba nakakalula un? ano po gingawa nyo sa mga baby nyo pag may ganun problem

thanks

Mamie Vera

• old member w/ a new name :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 07:29:43 pm »

^hi sis darling!

First time ng son ko sumakay Feb last year, he was 4 months old that time, next week will be his second plane ride at excited na kaming umuwi sa probinsiya. Sa Mindanao kami 1 hour and 15 minutes ang  biyahe. I remember, nag-iyak nga ang anak ko noon, dahil hindi siya sanay na kinakarga matulog, gusto niyang humiga na parang may kama. Mega tayo pa nga ako sa  gitna at sinasayaw sayaw ko siya, pero walang nangyari, buti may nakita kaming bakanteng upuan, hayun doon siya nakahiga. Sa awa ng Diyos nakatulog rin naman. Buti maganda panahon noon at di ako nahilo kakasayaw.

Effective rin sis na may dala kang laruan yung gustong gusto niya para maaliw siya, o di kaya video ng favorite cartoon character niya, papanoorin habang nasa biyahe, of course huwag kalimutan ang dede, diaper, wipes, extra damit, jacket, o blanket.
i do hope this will be my last and forever SP account :)

laneyval

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 08:40:15 pm »

My daughter was 13 months old when she first rode the plane. She's 20 months already and her 10th plane ride was just last month. My advice is during take off and landing, offer your child something to swallow like milk. if she's old enough to take solids then let her eat something para mawala young pressure sa ears niya.

Some says that giving cetirizine before the flight can calm her down. i'm just not sure if how many hours before the flight so better consult your pediatrician para sure and kung totoo din. :)

Also kung merun favorite blanket or stuffed toy c baby, it's better to bring it. I always bring my daughter's favorite stuffed turtle whenever we travel because she always looks for it when it's her milk time. Kahit na panget n young itsura ng stuffed toy niya, dinadala pa din namin, even if we went to singapore dala pa din namin kahit san kami pumunta para maging comfortable sya.

Tapos best sana kung and scheduled flight nyo sabay sa sleeping time niya para matulog lang sya the whole trip.

I agree with mamie vera that you bring the necessary things plus water, snacks, vitamins and medicine (e.g. paracetamol, nasal drops, anti-histamine, etc.)

Also make sure before riding the plane n hnd pa puno ng wee wee or hnd pa nakapagpoopoo c baby sa diaper niya para may time ka pa magpalit sa airport. medyo mahirap din kasi gumalaw sa toilet ng airplane dahil maliit lang yung gagalawan mo diba? :)

I also suggest that you bring backpack as a hand carry for baby's things para hnd kayo mahirapan magdala. Kami ng husband ko isa lang and hand carry namin.. yung backpack full of baby's things! :)

That's all I want to suggest for now. If you want more help just let us know. :) have a safe and happy trip with your baby! :)

darling

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 01:25:01 pm »

mommies!! thanks a lot for all the advises,, sinunod ko p lahat ng payo nyo,,, un nga yung ver old pillow niya ala namin binigyan ko sya food ang likot likot sa loob ng plane kumbaga aligaga sya gisto pa sa window side'

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6