Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: airplane ride / flying with children / infant  (Read 74945 times)

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms
Re: airplane ride / flying with children / infant
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 09:38:16 pm »

How old is your baby? you can make him or her chew gum during take off and landing to help get rid of the pressure that builds in the ear. If he or she is too young for that, just let your child munch on something or pretend to chew.
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

laneyval

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 12:38:40 pm »

pero alam mo sis, ok lang na maglikot ang baby mo sa plane kasi understandable naman n baby sya eh. kahit daughter ko ganyan din sobrang likot at ingay pero hnd naman sya kinaiinisan ng passengers kasi nga baby naman sya at mahirap pa pagsabihan. May iba nga pinapalakad pa sa aisle yung anak nila para malibang. yung anak ko naman kasi binibilhan nlang namin ng seat para hnd masikipan sa plane. pag kasi sa lap lang sya gusto niya maglikot at maglakad. pag may sarili syang seat, mas behave sya. yun nga lang additional expense yun. nasa inyo yun kung gusto nyo. pero kami ang habol n lang namin yung comfort kahit n magbabayad kami ng extra, ok lang. :)

momra

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 09:49:57 pm »

my son was two when we went home to the philippines at first time nyang mag-plane ride. dami kong dala na "treats" for him...washable crayons, washable markers, paper, coloring sheets, his favorite toy car, and some new toys (na first time nyang makita) para excited sya to play with them. and yes, let him drink his milk during take-off to avoid the painful ear-popping.  :)

baby chloe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 11:14:32 pm »

chloe was 11 months during her first plane ride. we brought some toys, food, water and basic meds as hand carry, things that would keep her busy. buti na lang at na enjoy naman niya. she even tried to go down and crawl sa aisle hehe. last month (her 5th time on a plane, at 26 mos), she really enjoyed it. we let her take the window seat, and most of the time she was looking outside, pointing and calling out things that she saw.  nahiya nga kami kasi ang ingay ingay niya hahaha. how old ba si baby mo? let's pray for a smooth trip para enjoy si baby :)

ashli

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 02:29:09 pm »

2 yrs old na first time din ng daughter ko na enjoy niya, before take off and landing water pina- sip ko sa kanya,kaso now na  2 1/2 sya  2nd time niya medyo umiyak sya kasi cloudy  palaging gumegewang yung plane sa window side sya. try ko sya nilipat sa isle tapos pina basa ko lang nung magazine ng cebupac ayun  na enjoy na niya .

mamapeew

• I love my baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 01:37:41 pm »

First time din na sumakay sa plane ng anak ko when she was 2 years old (turning 3) and it was a 10 hour flight. Ako yung super kabado na baka umiyak, baka matakot. Parang ako yung magkaka nervous breakdown. I brought things na inadvise sa akin na dalhin: dimetapp (although I don't recommend this, I just made sure that I have everything na makakatulong), her favorite toys, milk in a bottle daw to drink para di masakit sa ears, etc.

Nagulat ako sa daughter ko kasi mas kalmado pa sya sa akin and she looked so curious and so behaved. I told her you have to wear the seat belt all the time so nakaupo lang sya sa seat niya. And the airline provided activities for her kaya she seemed to enjoy her 1st airplane ride. Wala akong nagamit sa mga paraphernalia kong dinala. I'm such a worry-wart mommy. Hehe... Ngayon, yung kaba ko pag sumasakay sa plane, nawawala because of my daughter. Baliktad, I know, but I'm learning a lot din from her. Hehe...
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~Frederick Douglass

Mrs. Anderson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 01:44:59 pm »

Same topics merged.
Please search for existing topics before creating new ones.
It's your contributions that matter, not the number of posts.
Please use the search tools available. We have lots of valuable inputs from the members; take time to read them.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 08:31:05 am »

As a response to complaints of having difficulty sleeping because of children crying, Malaysia Airlines recently confirmed that for their A380 planes, they will be creating a child-free section. ...With the new rule being implemented, families with kids 12 years old and below will not be allowed

Mommies, do you think this is rather discriminating or convenient for both parties?

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/news/malaysia-airlines-launches-child-free-zone-in-business-section
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

twelvth_goddess

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2012, 03:49:07 pm »

^I dont mind at all and I think it's fair too. Not all adults can tolerate kids and I respect that. It's not as if Malaysia Airlines totally banned kids. Marketing lang yan, of course if they wanna attract more business travellers, they have to make the trips more conducive too. On a daily basis, ang daming people from Singapore and Malaysia who travel back and forth to these countries for business meetings.

The A380 is really big too. I've been in this plane when I was still working for SIA and they got their first A380, I'm sure there will still be plenty of room for travellers with kids.

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 07:24:05 pm »

What you need to bring depends on how old your kids are. :)

If they're preschoolers and older, try to give them a backpack each with
- a change of clothes
- a pair of shoes
- a book
- toy / iPad

If you're traveling with a baby, just make sure you keep milk in your carry on and keep it with you - not in the overhead bin - so you have access to it when your child is hungry.

These are the basics but if you want more, go to: http://goo.gl/slqDM
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

cassiopeia

• View Profile
    • tweets? follow me
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2012, 12:01:43 am »

I'm worrying about my kids the last time esp my 2yo, he gets easily bored plus he hates seat belt  :-\
When you become a mother, you stop being the picture and start being the frame.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2012, 02:37:01 pm »

^ I condition niyo na po yung bata about seatbelt days before the flight. Kung may toy siya na car na sinasakyan, improvise a strap on that para kunwari seatbelt. When riding a car or taxi, sanayin na siyang mag seatbelt. When he plays with car toys, make a seatbelt for the figures. Sa bahay, if he has his own chair, place a seatbelt (waist type lang) on that he can put on when watching TV or playing video games. Make it a requirement na dapat nakakabit yun if he wants to watch TV. It's a matter of conditiioning the child and orienting him on what and how to use a seatblet. Hindi naman sa gusto kong takutin ninyo ang bata but even if only 1 passenger refuses to put on a seatbelt kahit bata lang, pag ayaw sumunod sa flight attendant, the FA can report that to the Captain and delay the flight. No seatbelt, no take-off.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

Mlabable

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2012, 02:34:06 am »

First time din ni baby sasakay ng airplane this June, he's turning 2 pa lang. Sanay naman sa travel ang anak ko nakasakay naman siya ng bus/car/motor boat di ko lang sure kung ano magiging response niya sa airplane.

@Mommy Jazz - Pwede po ba i-hand carry yung feeding bottles/milk niya na nakalagay sa plastic box? Then yung emergency medicines? Puro hand carry kasi dala namin. Thanks!  :)
Farrell and Hamir, My Precious Sons

You have been an inspiration, and will always will be.
You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
Your life has given me something I will never, ever lose.
I will do anything for your sake, because you are my precious.

twelvth_goddess

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:27 am »

^I'll answer that if I may. We had our daughter's bottles and milk powder on our carry on luggage as well. Pati extra bottles niya we put in our carry on cus I was afraid na ma mishandle our baggage tapos andon yung mga bottles ng anak ko. Yung medicines, you can carry too but only enough for the baby's consumption on the flight.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2012, 11:55:58 am »

^Yup! Ang alam ko rin po, iba-iba ang rules ng airlines sa dami ng liquid na pwedeng i-hand carry. Kindly ask upon booking kung ano ang limit nila. Lalo na pag international, confusing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6