Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: to WAHM or not to WAHM?  (Read 18824 times)

kuliglig^^

• View Profile
Re: to WAHM or not to WAHM?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 06:09:32 pm »

I wanna be a WAHM sooooo bad! :( Kaso di pa afford magWAHM. Pag natapos na siguro yung mga needs namin sa house, saka na lang. Pati pag super super super bongga na work ng asawa ko. ♥  ;D

lai_lanzaderas

• work-at-home mom in lipa city
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 05:10:34 pm »

to WAHM!
i took a huge pay cut but it's worth it. i get to spend lots of time with my 3y.o. daughter. 
malakas ang loob ko  kasi wala naman kaming utang.  so okay lang kahit lumiit ang kita ko.  nag-adjust din kami ng lifestyle. mas simple para matipid.  mas maingat kami sa paggastos.

kuliglig^^

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »

Eeeeek. Still considering magWAHM. Sana magmaterialize. :)

gummyflies

• ♣Get What You Give♣
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 12:00:55 pm »

hi all!

first time to post  :)
hope i can do this kasi nakakapagod na yung hanap ng hanap ng matinong yaya  :(
♥ What Tastes Sweet in the Beginning, Tastes Bitter in the End ♥

KVsmommy

• Living a full life as a WAHMmy. :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 02:11:12 pm »

Yes to WAHM-hood! :D

I'm on my second year now of being a work-from-home mom and so far I can say the decision is definitely  worth it. Nung umpisa mahirap as far as the financial aspect is concerned, kasi mas maliit talaga than my usual take-home pay. Tapos wala din mga benefits na meron sa corporate world like 13th month pay, mga bonuses ekek ganyan.

As far as pay is concerned, pag online work kasi through Odesk, the more hours you put in, the more you earn. The less hours, less pay, and of course, no work...no pay. There was a time when I had one full-time job and I think three part-time work, I was earning almost 10k a week...pero ayun, zombie ako at nawalan ako ng time for my husband and my daughter, at sa sarili ko din. I realized na kahit na mas malaki yung kita nung more work, it defeats the purpose of why I resigned in the first place - to spend more quality time with my family, and in rearing our kid.

Ngayon I have three part-time jobs. I chose part-time work kasi mas flexible ang working hours, and wala akong required na number of hours per week - this way, mas nakakapagdevote ako ng time sa family ko, especially my daughter. May busy days, pero at least kontrolado ko ang work time. :) Unlike nung nasa corporate world ako, I can now attend family gatherings, be with my little girl 24/7, teach her stuff, be with her when she gets sick, etc. Walang kapalit na pera talaga... :)  She's now two and a half years old, super likot and daldal na, and for the past couple of years, it has given me so much happiness na nakita ko mga milestones niya since she was 8 months old.

I encourage moms here to at least try it. Tiyaga and persistence lang talaga ang kailangan because it's not going to be easy at first, pero once you get it started na, dere-derecho na.   You really have to set your mind, heart, and soul to it. :) Kung puede lang maging WAHM na lahat ng mommies na kilala ko, I would love it, I wish for all moms to share this kind of happiness and fulfillment. :-)

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 10:49:17 pm »

If you had a choice, would you rather work at an office or from home? A study shows the benefits of the latter.

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/news/working-from-home-yields-greater-productivity-and-happiness-says-study

anerba :)

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »

for those WAHM:

pano nyo po namamanage ang maging WAHM? I mean naaasikaso nyo pa rin ba ang mga household chores?
I'm simple and loving Mom

Momsi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 04:55:36 pm »

Hi MOmmies!

Isa rin akong WAHM o mas kilala bilang VA (virtual assistant). Newbie pa lang ako. 6 months pa
lang akong VA. Yung work ko ngayon is full-time. Second gig/job ko na ito. First job ko part-time VA
lang ako.

Kapag WAHM ka , you can work at your convenience. Kaya mas may time ka na sa family or mga kids
mo. Pwede ka ng umattend sa lahat ng activities niya sa school na hindi na kailangan ng mag file
na VL sa office mo. Tapos minsan hindi ka pa papayagan ng boss mo kasi may kasabay ka palang
magle-leave. Ay grabe!

Sa mga newbie na katulad ko, maraming way para magsimula kayo. Basta deciced ka kung anong
gusto mong pagbabago sa buhay mo....

Maraming online job ang naghihintay sa inyo. Grabeee! Super dami talaga, hindi nyo malaman kung
saan kayo mag-aaply.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:19 pm »

Sis, pakishare dito ang mga links for legitimate online job

trish_avellana

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 10:42:51 am »

to WAHM!

Sure at first the pay is not as big as when working in the office peru the benefits are way better.  No need to wake up early and rush tot he office during rainy days or hot summer days.  No traffic!

I am a work at home na for more than two years and I could say this is the best decision for the family.  I am able to breastfeed my second son (he's almost three) up to now.  Work breaks mean napping time with the kids (i got two sons).  I can eat all meals with them except if I have to go out to date my hubby or going out with friends.  I get numerous hugs from my kids during the day, watch over them while they are sick and accompany my older son to school and fetch when school is out.  If you work part time, you do not get paid when you go on vacation but when you work full time you can take leaves with pay na.  And you can take that anytime you like and you only have to inform your client.

Of course there is an adjustment period.  As your kids see you just in the house, they think you are always available but when you let them understand that you work even at home, they can understand it.  Sometimes when I watch my son playing from my computer chair and catches me watching him, he gets conscious and tells me, Mama work na.  hehe :)  It's not about time management (as what I learned from online marketers - they are the ones hiring VAs) is about managing the chaos. :)

And from my mentor as well (kasi you need an expert to guide you to in working at home kasi bago ito from the usual physical job), VA or virtual assistant is not just a secretary but the general term for an online worker.  From programmer, web developers, SEO expert, social media managers, data entry or personal assistant (secretary), customer service, they are all called VA.

You can check out this FB Group where pinoy workers at home learn from each other: https://www.facebook.com/groups/jomarhilariomasterygroup/

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 02:03:19 pm »

Ilang taon na sons mo sis? May kasama ka rin sa house?

Momsi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 10:20:51 am »

You get paid by your clients in different ways... When you're hired in odesk,  normally they chose Paypal
over other payment system. The odesk  team charged the client based on your  weekly /number of hours
activities. Kaya lang after 2 weeks pa ito mag aappear sa Paypal account mo.

It depends if you are capable of working in full-time or part-time lang. Benefits when you are working from
home are incomparable. You can oversee your child/s daily activities. You don't have to leave them when 
they are sick kasi papasok ka sa office. You don't even have to file a VL form (vacation leave) to your boss
when recognition or other school program needs your presence. Dito kasi ikaw ang boss.

trish_avellana

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 10:19:40 am »

Ilang taon na sons mo sis? May kasama ka rin sa house?

My sons are 4 and 2 going 5 and 3 this year.  May 2 yayas ako kasi kailangan din merong mag-alaga sa babies during working hours ko.  House cleaning din is taken cared of by one of them including laundry.  I do cooking kasi mas gusto ko ako ngluluto for the family.  For my 4 year old son, I am the one accompanying him to school and fetching him after.

I work full-time but I am the one who manages my time as long as aabot ng agreed hours per week.  You can work as short as two hours if you like.  Look at odesk.com, elance, onlinejobs.ph, you can find legitimate jobs there :)

Suggestion ko, try being a WAHM part time like 2 hours so di ka ma overwhelm.  Most filipinos are not that confident kapag online work kasi.  Feeling di kaya peru actually the tasks given are simple lang as long as you have the skills.  While doing part time work, learn the internet tools, you know like wordpress, facebook and the like :)  The more you learn the better your online resume will look and of course, the higher the rate you can demand.

Hope this helps :)

jeuno

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 05:41:53 pm »

na inspired naman ako dito. Im thinking kasi nag mag SAHM na lang and mag business, pero syempre pag business di mo kontrolado income. At least pag WAHM, sure na may income. Medyo malaking chunk din kasi ng pera mawawala samin kung bigla ako titigil sa trabaho, pero kung mayaman lang ako gusto ko talaga sa bahay lang with baby.

trish_avellana

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 08:17:52 am »

na inspired naman ako dito. Im thinking kasi nag mag SAHM na lang and mag business, pero syempre pag business di mo kontrolado income. At least pag WAHM, sure na may income. Medyo malaking chunk din kasi ng pera mawawala samin kung bigla ako titigil sa trabaho, pero kung mayaman lang ako gusto ko talaga sa bahay lang with baby.

Hi mommy jeuno!  Becoming a SAHM is a good decision talaga.  I have been working from home for two years already and it's great being able to see first hand the developments of my children.  Hindi naman kailangan mayaman para you can stay at home with the kids.  Kung gusto mo, while working at your job now, you can start looking for part time online jobs (2 hours a day lang).  This will make it easier for you to transition to a fulltime work at home in the long run.  Tapos when you are already working at home, find a product line you can sell online.  O diba, you will become a WAHM and a business woman din?

But you know being a WAHM or WAHD (for dads) is actually a business in itself.  Kasi kahit fulltime ka, you are in control of your time.  You can just inform the client of what your planned schedules are including vacations and they are fine with it.  And when you learn more about the tools (Wordpress, Skype, Google, etc.) you can ask for increase in rates.

And being Filipinos, many foreign clients are looking for us.  We are better in working online because of our English skills and our hard working attitude.  And thankfully, there is one Filipino online marketer, Jomar Hilario who is willing to help us become great WAHMs/WAHDs or virtual assistant (general term for workers at home).  He is my mentor as well.  If you are really interested, you better check this facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/jomarhilariomasterygroup/
Pages: 1 [2] 3