Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Answer the Smart Parenting 2020 Reader Survey for a chance to win exciting prizes like overnight stay at Pico de Loro, car seats from Baby Company, Gymboree membership and more. Click this link to answer the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SPReadersSurvey2020PCF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Single-mommy-hood, what's your story?  (Read 39655 times)

KCs_mum

• Young, single, but PROUD mom. :)
    • View Profile
    • My online Portfolio
Re: why are you single??
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:36 pm »

Hi, sissies! :) I'm new lang dito sa SP, but I'll post narin anyway. :)

I'm SINGLE by choice. I'm turning 20 na next month, I got preggy when I was 17 and gave birth at 18. Before ko pa malaman na preggy ako, SD and I broke up na. I won't go into details na, pero it was mainly because trust was broken. When I found out that I was preggy, I informed him. Hindi niya ito tinalikuran, in fact he even offered marriage. Pero alam niyo yun mga sis, hindi ko na kayang ibalik yung tiwala na nasira na. Tsaka I believe na hindi dahilan ang may anak kayo para magpakasal, kasi you'll end up separating din kung ipipilit niyo ang hindi dapat diba.

So yun. We should be proud! We're all strong ladies para harapin itong responsibility as a parent magisa. :)

bellamortem

• View Profile
Re: why are you single??
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 10:36:01 am »

I am a single mom by choice din...I feel like im wastin my time with my husband. We always have a huge fight mas matagal pa kaming hiwalay kaysa sa magkasama kami..i'm better off without him kaya i decided to be on my own with my daughter. I did give him last chance nung nahuli ko sya may babae, but yung saktan niya ako ulit was too much for me.

so true na mas masaya pa pag wala kang konsumisyon sa buhay.

nathzkimeme

• View Profile
Single-mommy-hood, what's your story?
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 11:04:35 pm »

Just wanted to share my story: [at para din maglabas din ng sama ng loob] :)

I was very much inlove with an indie film director and we were going steady for a year in a half. We had an on and off relationship when i got a job at a very known agency in makati and he felt that i didnt have enough time for him. Till finally we got back together for the last time and promised to make our relationship work. We were so happy together, even decided to get married after two years to only find out that i got pregnant, I was so happy until he told me to abort our baby. He said that if i kept the baby, i would lose him and if i aborted it; he'll still be in my life. I resented him so much because i saw my future with him even before we became an item, i saw myself walking down the aisle and waking up every morning with his face next to mine. I was so hurt and sought help from his family, i told them my case and his sister at first was siding with me; but to no avail, blood is always thicker than water finally shunned me aside and washed her hands clean of my unborn child.

I then found out that he started dating his ex girlfriend and made a big farce about how i was sleeping around with a lot of men and knowing how thomasian girls are, we swoon over men. I hated them both and out of that hate and anger, the pain ate me and i almost had a miscarriage during my 3rd month. He was dismayed to know that i was still carrying and wished that my baby had a defect. It was such a disgust to have a child with me and he resents ever getting into a relationship with me. He couldnt believe that he left his ex-gf for me. Then now I heard he's dating a younger girl who he just enjoys sleeping with because of her absolute willingness not to mention that she was from my college except she was in a lower batch. This young girl, so aware of my pregnancy, still allowed my ex to maim her and even supported the idea to not provide even provide us with financial support!! Hearing and knowing such hurtful words and actions from a person you loved ever so dearly, fought for, gave everything to; just ate me up and thus i decided to move on.

I can admit moving on isn't easy, like this morning; i cried remembering how I used to wake up and he would give me this mocking face but then realized; if you can't be with me nor our son why the hell should i waste my tears and effort on you. I was raised by a single mother that fought tooth and nail for my happiness and supported my dreams till my graduation day. I may have never wished or imagined myself to be a single mother, but I can daresay that I have the courage and strength to do every possible right decision that came my way.

During the start of my third trimester, the donor messaged me after so long, asking about how i was, how my pregnancy has been shaping up and how he wanted to see me. i simply sent him a message stating that he knew where i worked, he knew where i lived, he knew my friends, he knew how to reach me, he knew my work schedule. He could easily find me but he just chose not to, so why say that he wanted to see me if he couldve made an effort.

I am about to give birth in a couple of days, hoping for a successful one, i know God always gave me tests and knowing that this is another, i know i can go through this on my own with or without him. My son and i will have each other, he can have his other women and be irresponsible - i can't even bother.  It just angers me that there are still cowardly jerks out and about the city crawling with their tails between their legs. I just wish the films that he makes will never see the light of the indie scenes ever again. :) I just hope that every inch of pain, sacrifice and hurt i felt will return to him 100x more.

Mrs. Anderson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Single-mommy-hood, what's your story?
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 11:16:20 pm »

Same topics merged.
It's your contributions that matter, not the number of posts.
Please use the search tools available. We have lots of valuable inputs from the members; take time to read them.

megamalls

• Single & Driven / Fabulous Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 11:01:22 pm »

sobra hinabol ako ni SD haha di ko kasi sinabi na preggy ako dahil sinaktan niya ako ng sobra.
Im super happy na with my new relationship ngayon :)

margauxmarx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 11:15:27 am »

hello momies!!

newbie po ako pero sali na din ako. single na din po ako by choice..
married ako, then after ilang moths preggy na, hangang sa ilang months
ulit, nahuli ko si hubby mag chiks, pinag bignayn, nahuli naman ng dadi ko
with the same woman, pinag bigyan ulit, at ater ilang months.. ako  na ang
naka huli... tapos!!! umalis kami ni baby sa kanila..

meisan21

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 08:56:18 pm »

hi mommies!

single din ako kasi di ko kaya ginagawa niya sakin eh. preggy pa lang nag decide na ko makipaghiwalay. panu naman kasi everyday niya akong inaaway, sensitive pagbubuntis ko tapos sinasabihan akong maarte e buntis lang naman daw ako. while preggy kasi we've talked na dito muna ko sa parents ko to spend time with them since hihiwalay na ko sa kanila. and at the same time makaipon sya ng pang gastos for hospital etc. Tinanggap sya ng family ko at minahal ko sya kahit ang life niya ay sinasabi nilang "isang kahig isang tuka".
sinisisi niya ko sa lahat ng bad experiences na nangyayari sa kanya. example na lang, umiinom sya at nalalasing kasi di daw kami magkasama.
another example, wala syang makain at baon sa utang at kasalanan ko pa un. e wala naman syang binibigay na kahit anung support or kahit pang prenatal vitamins lang.
Eto pa, hinihingan ako ng mom niya ng pera pambayad daw sa rent ng bahay na kinuha nila. Grabe!
He even told me na I dont deserve to be a mom and isa akong masamang mom!?
Super dami ng reasons para di kami magkatuluyan.
Basta nakakainis. nung pinutol ko na communication with him, naging maganda at maaliwalas pa ang pagbubuntis ko.

Thanks to my loving family for the love and support!

lovecrislyn

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 10:27:05 pm »

Hello po mga sis. I'm a single mom naman po since pregnancy. Nung nalaman ko na I'm pregnant and sinabi ko kay SD (first and only bf that i had) parang ayaw niya at hindi niya alam gagawin and i felt he is driving me away pa nga. At hindi na rin ok ang relationship namin noon. So nag alsa balutan ako at umuwi sa province. My parents accepted me naman. I changed my number din and never tried to contact him. Pero iyak ako iyak almost everyday. Pero pinipigil ko rin maging sad dahil masama sa baby. Alam naman niya add ko sa province pero hindi talaga siya nagpakita. Then one time ginamit ko yung old number ko, nagtext sya ng quote about love ganyan (quote?! hehe) pero ayoko na talaga sa kanya kaya hindi ko na ulit ginamit sim na yun. News blockout til ngayong 2yrs na si baby. Hehe. Ok na po ako, nakamove on na with baby. Pero takot na po ako mainlove ulit. Hehe.

lovecrislyn

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 10:27:46 pm »

Hello po mga sis. I'm a single mom naman po since pregnancy. Nung nalaman ko na I'm pregnant and sinabi ko kay SD (first and only bf that i had) parang ayaw niya at hindi niya alam gagawin and i felt he is driving me away pa nga. At hindi na rin ok ang relationship namin noon. So nag alsa balutan ako at umuwi sa province. My parents accepted me naman. I changed my number din and never tried to contact him. Pero iyak ako iyak almost everyday. Pero pinipigil ko rin maging sad dahil masama sa baby. Alam naman niya add ko sa province pero hindi talaga siya nagpakita. Then one time ginamit ko yung old number ko, nagtext sya ng quote about love ganyan (quote?! hehe) pero ayoko na talaga sa kanya kaya hindi ko na ulit ginamit sim na yun. News blockout til ngayong 2yrs na si baby. Hehe. Ok na po ako, nakamove on na with baby. Pero takot na po ako mainlove ulit. Hehe.

ilovemybaby

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 08:10:19 am »

Hi mga sis, pajoin din ako. To be honest, I'm still half hearted about being a single mom. Hindi ko alam kung bakit im still hoping na magiging maayos lahat between me and my husband kasi siguro bago pa lang. Anyway, mahirap lang talaga siguro yung taking that first step. My story, si husband had an affair before and naulit ulit pero with a different girl. Di ko sila nahuli pero a trusted friend told me. As usual, deny ng bongga. Hanggang sa isang araw, siya na mismo ang nagsabi na gusto niya ng tahimik na buhay at ayaw na niya sa kin. I had to let him go.

Errych

• Global Moderator
  • Watch.Wait.Time will unfold & fulfill its purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 11:30:13 am »

Itís not easy being a single mom or dad, so we asked some of them what keeps them going. Read on for their inspiring answers.

Taking up the Challenges of Solo Parenting
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/pinoy-parenting/taking-up-the-challenge-of-solo-parenting

tharti_moan

• I loved. I failed. Loved again. Then stumbled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 05:56:48 pm »

Hi Mommies,

Me naman... I think, I'll be Single Mom because I have no choice =) 

I was impregnated by a married man, and currently separated with my so-called husband.  I thank God that SD didn't deny the baby, and he's willing to support financially (depende kung anong kaya niyang ibigay since siyempre, prioritize ang first family).  Pero since our love affair is discreet, hanggang dun na lang role niya.  Honestly hanggang ngayon, hindi ko matanggap yung ganung set up lalo na, we love naman each other, pero I have no choice.  He has an 11 year old son, and married for 11 years.  Civil lang sila ng legal wife niya since they know naman that they're just being together for the sake of their son.  Ako naman, blindly in love pa rin and hinihintay lang siguro yung time na mawala na yung love ko sa kanya sa sobrang dami na ng heartaches ko sa sitwasyon at kung sa ano ano pa. 

Hopefully by October 2012, ma divert na fully lahat ng pagmamahal ko sa katawan sa baby girl ko para makapagsimulang maka move on sa sitwasyon.

Alam ko, mas marami pang Mommies out there ang mas mabigat ang dinadala sakin for being a single Mom, and my highest respect to all of them! 

mattimaldita

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 09:45:15 am »

Hello! Super Fab Mommies! Just wanna share my story on how i became a single parent.

I became a single mom by choice. I was in a relationship with a man that is Non-Filipino and a Muslim. I know from the start that we will never end up in the altar and live happily ever after. But, still we continued our relationship until i get pregnant. We talked about the situation that he will support me (except financially) until i give birth and after that he doesn't want to be associated with the baby anymore. He just wants to be updated through facebook and email by sending photos of the baby. Right now, we are still communicating but we are no longer in a relationship. I don't know if i am doing the right thing of sending him photos and still keeping in touch with him... My friends and relatives are telling me that i should stop sending photos since he's not supporting us financially. What should i do?

zhie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 06:59:10 pm »

Hello SP mommies.. :D

Naging single mom ako kasi nakipaghiwalay ako kay SD nung buntis palang ako. Plano ko kasi magtapos ng pag-aaral kaya pinapili ako ng parents ko kung magsasama kami o hindi. As of now, kalmado lang ako lahat ng kaya at pwede kong ibigay kay baby binibigay ko. At makatapos lang ako ipapakilala ko si baby kay SD. Selfish ako kung iisipin pero mas gusto ko makatapos para maibigay ko yung THE BEST kay baby.. :D

kiko18

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 01:08:53 pm »

a single parent. got separated by my hubby for almost 2 years now (10 yrs kaming married). asusual sumakabilang bahay siya. haay naku ang lakas ng loob umalis tapos now nag eentertain nako ng bagong lovelife parang ako pa yun me fault kung bakit hindi kami magkakabalikan. hindi ko kelangan ipilit sarili ko sa ayaw and besides siya ang umalis.
at first i was devastated for months. good thing nalang eh umayos yung record ko sa office lagi kasi akong late at absent nun kami pa at mas naging sexy ako kasi pumayat ako  ;) kaw ba naman hindi makakain at makatulog eh.
im now okay and contented na ko na ako nalang with my kids. i just realize na it made me stronger as a person and i really don't need a man like him.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:06:52 pm by kiko18 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4