Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: how to discipline a toddler (1-3yo) Bawal nang mamalo?  (Read 183602 times)

kalix

• because of YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: how to discipline a toddler (1-3yo) Bawal nang mamalo?
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:22 am »

Remember when your child has tantrums, don't you have one of your own? ;) :)

"SMALL BOY: If I'm noisy they gave me a spanking...And if I'm quiet they take my temperature? ??? ::);D ;D ;D
"..there is no greater prayer than that of a MOTHER for her children. These are the purest prayers because of their intense desire and, at times, sense of desperation.

myralmedo

• my super bundle of joy-kurt elijah
    • View Profile
    • ♥live.laugh.love♥
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2009, 04:07:28 pm »

Remember when your child has tantrums, don't you have one of your own? 

"SMALL BOY: If I'm noisy they gave me a spanking...And if I'm quiet they take my temperature?  "   

halu mmy kalix!

amishu na hehe :D..oo nga noh?! we have our own tantrums dapat iniexercise din yan katulad ng mga kiddos haha :P pro sa 2nd line ang gulo talaga ng mga parents din hehe :D...

kisses to your smart yuan!  :-*

Godabless!0=)
|myralmedo| I'm not a Princess. I'm a QUEEN.

Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live. ♥♥♥

kalix

• because of YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2009, 05:00:20 pm »

Remember when your child has tantrums, don't you have one of your own? 

"SMALL BOY: If I'm noisy they gave me a spanking...And if I'm quiet they take my temperature?  "   

halu mmy kalix!

amishu na hehe :D..oo nga noh?! we have our own tantrums dapat iniexercise din yan katulad ng mga kiddos haha :P pro sa 2nd line ang gulo talaga ng mga parents din hehe :D...

kisses to your smart yuan!  :-*

Godabless!0=)

miss u too sis!mwah! :-* tagal kong di nakapag online ;D...kaya nga eh funny talaga tayong mga parents.kaya siguro minsan nawewerduhan satin mga kiddos natin.hehe!
"..there is no greater prayer than that of a MOTHER for her children. These are the purest prayers because of their intense desire and, at times, sense of desperation.

kwissy

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2009, 07:33:25 pm »

hay mommies..yan din ang problema ko sa son ko..he's 3 years old and kahit na ayoko siya paluin,napapalo ko..he can and he knows how na mag shoot up ang temper ko..i tried the time out chair..nun una iiyak lang siya..ngayon pag nilagay ko siya dun,sasabihan niya ako ng "i don't like you and this chair" tas bababa siya at mag mumukmok sa isang sulok..sometimes he hits his sister and when i ask him why,sasabihin niya "she's bad,kasi daw kinukuha ng kapatid niya toys niya..pero i know un part na un e normal for his age na lahat "that's mine"..actually un ang di maintindihan ng hubby ko..(hay!!for the nth time!) pag nagkakaganon siya,i warn him first..pag hindi nakinig un,pinapalo ko na siya..i really want him to behave..gusto ko siya disiplinahin din..mga mommies..normal lang naman un sa age niya na isip niya lahat ng toys and books sa kanya diba?kahit na un sa kapatid niya kasi kinukuha niya minsan..

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2009, 12:31:35 am »

Oh..I'm so bothered with my daughter talaga..Ugali na niya yung sumisigaw kapag hindi nakukuha yung gusto niya..Hindi ko naman sya mapalo..Dahil ayoko ng ganon..And when i explaining to her hindi sya nakikinig..basta she keeps on yelling as if sinasaktan ko sya..nakakahiya tuloy dito sa katabing room baka kasi isipin nila sinasaktan ko yung anak ko..You're aware naman guys na bawal ang manakit ng bata db? Dito sa Canada implemented din yon,and if inakala nga nila na sinasaktan ko anak ko..puwede nila report sa police and then...My God!!! I'm so worried..I feel so helpless these days especially i'm suffering from culture shock right now..We just moved here in Canada las Feb. 15..So please mga momsies help me..Thank you so much! You're reply is very much appreciated!
God bless!
[/url][/url]

Mommy Iris

• Entrepremom
    • View Profile
    • Project Happiness Bakehouse
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2009, 12:46:52 am »

sis, welcome to the boards!

have you tried explaining things to her calmly? my daughter's like that, too but we told her that she has to stop shouting because it's not good and very humiliating. she'll reply back with "I want to shout!!!" so I tell her calmly "Go on, shout!" then she would stop. Try reverse psychology, baka sakaling gumana.

Maybe naku-culture shock din siya? mahirap kasing masanay din siya na naninigaw lalo na't nasa country sila na pwedeng mag answer back.

Be calm in explaining things to her sis, this might work.

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2009, 04:27:18 am »

thanks for the advice..As much as possible talaga when i'm explaining to her kalmado naman ako..but kapag nakakatulig na.. ;) nagwawalk out na ko..I'd read a book says na if you can't take it,just ignore it..hope this one might work too. Again,thanks for your reply..
[/url][/url]

happymommee

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2009, 04:42:49 am »

Im using my wife's account. lol. and i want to comment on your concern.
According to Piaget's stages of cognitive development, your daughter is in the "internalization of schemes" stage already. meaning, whatever she thinks worked from the past experience (like shouting to get your attention or to have you play with her) will be done repeatedly to achieve the same result. Theory says that you have to start reconditioning your child's perspective even before things will get worse for you. well, you can do reverse psychology or whatever works for you.

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2009, 01:59:37 am »

Wow! Thanks for that! Well, good luck to me!  :)
[/url][/url]

stargazer

• Proud Mom to Lana and Gabby
    • View Profile
    • Princess Star Food Delights
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2009, 03:29:20 am »

I remember an incident when we were at SM Southmall (we were buying plane tickets for a trip to Cebu), she wanted me to rent the cart for her to ride on (knowing that once it moves she does not want to ride it again ede sayang yung Php120 na rental fee). What I did is I let her shout till she cant shout no more.. syempre without giving in to what she wants. After she's tired of shouting and stomping on the floor I looked at her and asked her "Are you finished? Did you get what you want by shouting?" She looked around and everyone was looking at her. We were even sitted on the floor face to face. My dad was the one ashamed of what was happening, but though I feel ashamed I did not give in kasi baka makaladkad ko lang anak ko sa inis at hiya.

Anyway, going back she looked around and my daughter was the one ashamed of her actions. She ran to me hugged me and said sorry. From there I told her that she cannot get everything she wants. Tapos I showed her why I did not want to rent the cart. Siya din nagsabi "I dont like na mommy, its moving takot ako I might fall". From then on she's really behave na.

Hay naku sis nilunok ko talaga ang hiya ko.. hanggang ngayon hindi ko makalimutan yun!

ahyzeyuh

• im a good person,just keep on making bad decisions
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2009, 03:43:17 am »

According to Piaget's stages of cognitive development, your daughter is in the "internalization of schemes" stage already. meaning, whatever she thinks worked from the past experience (like shouting to get your attention or to have you play with her) will be done repeatedly to achieve the same result. Theory says that you have to start reconditioning your child's perspective even before things will get worse for you. well, you can do reverse psychology or whatever works for you.

is dis da same sa mga newborn?
i have a 4mos old daughter kc, hirap kc siya makatulog pgwalang aircon, so what she wud do is cry out loud to da max and wen we turn on da aircon she wud smile, tas makakaipg harutan.
also if gcng siya gusto niya my kausap siya although di naman talga sila ngsasalita di ba, but yung tipong kinakausap siya masaya na siya..
isa pa, kht nka on na yung aircon, di p rn siya matutulog hanggat di kinakarga at hele...

stargazer

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2009, 04:06:38 am »

is dis da same sa mga newborn?
i have a 4mos old daughter kc, hirap kc siya makatulog pgwalang aircon, so what she wud do is cry out loud to da max and wen we turn on da aircon she wud smile, tas makakaipg harutan.
also if gcng siya gusto niya my kausap siya although di naman talga sila ngsasalita di ba, but yung tipong kinakausap siya masaya na siya..
isa pa, kht nka on na yung aircon, di p rn siya matutulog hanggat di kinakarga at hele...

Yes reconditioning is applicable to children as young as new borns. Naalala ko bigla si Little Albert hehe... he was conditioned for fear of anything white.. kahit sa bulak takot yung baby..

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2009, 06:43:14 am »

I remember an incident when we were at SM Southmall (we were buying plane tickets for a trip to Cebu), she wanted me to rent the cart for her to ride on (knowing that once it moves she does not want to ride it again ede sayang yung Php120 na rental fee). What I did is I let her shout till she cant shout no more.. syempre without giving in to what she wants. After she's tired of shouting and stomping on the floor I looked at her and asked her "Are you finished? Did you get what you want by shouting?" She looked around and everyone was looking at her. We were even sitted on the floor face to face. My dad was the one ashamed of what was happening, but though I feel ashamed I did not give in kasi baka makaladkad ko lang anak ko sa inis at hiya.

Anyway, going back she looked around and my daughter was the one ashamed of her actions. She ran to me hugged me and said sorry. From there I told her that she cannot get everything she wants. Tapos I showed her why I did not want to rent the cart. Siya din nagsabi "I dont like na mommy, its moving takot ako I might fall". From then on she's really behave na.

Hay naku sis nilunok ko talaga ang hiya ko.. hanggang ngayon hindi ko makalimutan yun!

Talaga..hehe..Alam mo yan gusto ko talaga insist sa baby ko..kahit dito sa house..ignore ko lang sya..pero dito sa apartment namin bawal maingay eh..lalo na wall lang pagitan ng neighbor..when my daughter shout at the same time crying..as if sinasaktan ko sya..Naku! bka bigla na lang kami katukin ng police dito..Isa pa yung husband ko ayaw na ayaw makarinig ng sigaw ng baby ko..Banat niya agad patahimikin ko daw..Eh pano na un..So what I did is just give in..Grabe! d ko na nga alam san ako lulugar dito..hehe
[/url][/url]

stargazer

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2009, 07:19:45 am »

Talaga..hehe..Alam mo yan gusto ko talaga insist sa baby ko..kahit dito sa house..ignore ko lang sya..pero dito sa apartment namin bawal maingay eh..lalo na wall lang pagitan ng neighbor..when my daughter shout at the same time crying..as if sinasaktan ko sya..Naku! bka bigla na lang kami katukin ng police dito..Isa pa yung husband ko ayaw na ayaw makarinig ng sigaw ng baby ko..Banat niya agad patahimikin ko daw..Eh pano na un..So what I did is just give in..Grabe! d ko na nga alam san ako lulugar dito..hehe

My mom din does not want to hear my babies crying or shouting.. either naawa siya or naiingayan siya.. pero I tell her if pagbibigyan lahat ng isigaw at iiyak niyan ede pano matututo yan... I even tell my mom, "You raised me to work hard for things I want. That I should earn whatever it is I want tapos sa mga apo mo konteng iyak at maktol eh bigay agad?" Napatingin lang mom ko and sabi "Tama ka.. oh siya kausapin mo yang anak mo.." hehe... Kausapin mo din si hubby mo... he will get it din im sure of that.

Mommy Tata ang hirap din pala ng situation mo sa house since bawal maingay sa apartment niyo.. eh dapat diyan no children allowed since its a child's nature to be noisy at times... naku sis konteng pasensya na lang sa baby mo. kausapin mo lang ng kausapin... ako sa eldest ko i bring her to one corner of the house or sa room kami then usap kame.. alam kong baka hindi niya naiintidihan pa pero pag paulit ulit naman nag gegets din.. sa bunso naku ewan ko kung kanino nagmana to.. at 16 months may rebuttal na. hehe
!!!

chooleerious mom

• Love, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • Think Outside The Box! Earn OnLine Big Time!
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2009, 07:31:19 am »

I have the same problem. 20 months na rin daughter ko. We used to say she's a nice and good kid. But recently, she begn acting differently. Laging maya sumpong and nagttantrums pag hindi nakukuha gsto. Same with you mommies, my daughter would cry if she doesnt get what she wants. More to that, namamalo pa. Nkakabother kasi she wasnt like that before. Sabi namin cgro nasspoil kasi she's the only kid in the house right now. Unlike before, mdami sya nkakasama na kids. Does that matter???

Tsaka nga pala pag pinapagalitan ko sya, natatawa sya. She would think that I'm just playing with her. kahit seryoso ako and hnd tumawa, tatawa pa rin sya. Madalas ginagaya niya ginagawa ko. Like kng kunwari papalo ako (hndi sa kanya), she would do that too. Minsan nakukunsensya ako kasi npapagalitan ko tlaga. Napapasigaw ako kasi that's the only time she'll listen to me. I feel bad after that of cors pro I can't take that back kasi mas lalu niya iisipin nagjojoke lang ako. Aftr that naman I'll ask her to say sorry. Ggawin niya naman and would hug me. It's always like. Nkakabother na ba tlaga un? I need some advice on how to discipline the right way. thanks po.
"Everyone needs to be loved . . . especially when they don't need it."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24