Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: weaning from bottle to a cup, when and how?  (Read 30974 times)

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
weaning from bottle to a cup, when and how?
« on: March 13, 2009, 05:15:59 am »

Basahin sa Smart Parenting:
Nadine Samonte Gumamit Ng 'Band-Aid' Para Ma-Wean Ang Anak Sa Pagpapadede
Click HERE.

Hello Momsies! I'm here in Canada and I had a difficult time today with my daughter.. Yesterday we went to the Public Health for her first visit at the dental hygienist then she says that i must wean her from the bottle. Because my daughter is already 21 months old and she must use a sippy cup by now. Bottle feeding she says cause cavities especially when she uses it to fall asleep. But the problem is my daughter is getting used to it.. I hardly can't take it away from her,but i tried. Right now she did'nt even drink the milk from a cup. She cries out loud and asking for her milk in a bottle but all I give to her is a bottle with only a water from it. Is it unfair to my child? Am i exaggerated towards her? Imagine my daughter drinks 6-7 bottles of 6 oz. a day then i just cut it to two.. Because the hygienist says for her age it has to be 2 servings/cup a day.. I don't know if I should follow how they nurture the kids here. I'm really worried and kinda guilty.. When is the right time to switch from a bottle to a cup? Momsies please help.

Naka-relate ka ba? Mag post ng katanungan o payo dito
Reply to join this discussion.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:05:23 am by Parentchat Admin »
[/url][/url]

dancine

• View Profile
Re: Calling all momsies! Please help!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 11:48:44 pm »

little by little introduce her to cup.dont force her naman to drink it agad,wawa naman at baka magutom

mommy♥cheng

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 10:27:32 pm »

sis try mo palitan yung bottle nipple ng spout..
xilac..

yshaleigh

• View Profile
    • http://lilypie.com/pic/080924/h6EJ.jpg
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 07:47:55 am »

wag mo syang biglain.. step by step lang.. mahirap talaga pag nasanay na ang bata.. pero yung cousin ng hubby ko 2 yo na sya.. he's still bottlefeed, he never used cup for milk. so far all his teeth are good.

jvfrodriguez

• 3 tsikitings
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:35:35 am »

Thta's also what I know, for 2 years old and above, we are suppose to give only 2 glasses of milk per day since at that age, they are suppose to eat their meals already so we don't need to worry about getting their nutrition only from milk.   And kids are being given vitamins too right?

But it would be better kung unti-unti ang pag lessen ng milk intake para di naman mabigla yung bata.   Like if from 6 bottles, you make it 4 bottles muna, mga after 3 days, 3, mga after 4 days saka pa lang gawing 2.  Give your kid her favorite snacks instead of giving milk.  Ask her to drink juices instead para mabawasan yung milk intake para may nutrients pa din na makuha yung bata. 

Now from bottle to sippy cups?  What I did before for my kids, sa eldest and youngest ko, bigla lang, I explained to her why she needs to drink from a cup na than a bottle, and they did, walang whining.  Pero sa 2nd ko, I changed the nipples to the big holes para masanay sya na malakas yung agos ng milk, after a week, nilalakihan ko pa lalo yung hole, dinadagdagan ko ng butas, then pag nasisira na yung nipple, hindi na ako bumibili ng kapalit. I tell my kid, we don't have anymore money to buy your new bottle/nipple, you have to drink from a cup na.  Nag tantrum ng 1 araw pero no choice sya kasi di na talag ako bumili.  I even kept the bottles after so it's either he drinks from a cup or no milk for him at all.  Kaya natuto sya.

Expect tantrums talaga because it's a way kids nowadays control us parents.  They know that for some reason, we will give in to their wants if they throw tantrums.  Pero you must be firm to let her take only 2 cups of milk.  But explain afterwards why you have to lessen her milk and why it is better that she eats or drinks other food / juice.  Explain to her also the effect it would have to her teeth.  Do the explaining in a nice, fun way for your child to understand and follow you.  Praise or give her a reward for obeying you and accepting the change you're making with her.  Tell her she's now a "big girl" that is why she has some changes to make to herself.
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jvfrodriguez
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jennette.rodriguez

For families with kids with autism, join Autism Society Philippines - http://www.autismsocietyphilippines.org/p/join_30.html

gaby_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 09:26:00 am »

this is what happened to my baby.. 2 yo n sya now, and still drinks milk at night, about 3 bottles of 8oz.. marunong naman sya mg-cup pro the thing is, yung milk sa gabi causes cavities on her teeth.. kht agap sa toothbrush, iba parin pag babad ang teeth.

we went to a pedia dentist last week. and told us, sira n yung 4 fronth teeth ni gaby. either for extraction na or root canal with crown.  I really dont know what to choose between the two, kung ano effect as she grows old. pag extraction, wala n daw pain as she grows, pro pag crown, my mga parang bakal sya sa teeth, tpos 2400 each crown. and my 5% n pwede mgkainfection pg pumasok yung cavity sa loob ng crown.

i dnt know kung ano mas ok, in psychological terms kay gaby, yung tuksuhin, kc up to 7 yrs old p bago tumubo yung permanent teeth.. pag extraction, wlng effect n bka masungki kc in between sya ng pangil, so ok lang daw un.. pro pano sya mg-bbite ng fud, and pano speech developement niya??

ano ba dpt kong piliin sa dalawa??

plus may 5 teeth pa for pasta.. ang gagawin to conduct the procedure, issedate sya.. may pedia anesthesiologist na tuturok pra masedate sya, then after 5 mins, nka IV na sya..

pro wala daw pain sa baby afterwards kht pawala n yung effect ng anesthia.. but the procedure itself for the sedation 9K na... ouch.. iba pa payment sa extraction/crown...

kailangan n mag-ipon.. pro now, i still dont know which one to choose... help...

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 06:00:16 am »

mga sis..sorry ngayon lang ulit ako naka-log in sobrang busy..
thanks sa lahat ng mga advice nyo..i'll try it. Hope it'll work for my daughter.
[/url][/url]

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 06:03:58 am »

this is what happened to my baby.. 2 yo n sya now, and still drinks milk at night, about 3 bottles of 8oz.. marunong naman sya mg-cup pro the thing is, yung milk sa gabi causes cavities on her teeth.. kht agap sa toothbrush, iba parin pag babad ang teeth.

we went to a pedia dentist last week. and told us, sira n yung 4 fronth teeth ni gaby. either for extraction na or root canal with crown.  I really dont know what to choose between the two, kung ano effect as she grows old. pag extraction, wala n daw pain as she grows, pro pag crown, my mga parang bakal sya sa teeth, tpos 2400 each crown. and my 5% n pwede mgkainfection pg pumasok yung cavity sa loob ng crown.

i dnt know kung ano mas ok, in psychological terms kay gaby, yung tuksuhin, kc up to 7 yrs old p bago tumubo yung permanent teeth.. pag extraction, wlng effect n bka masungki kc in between sya ng pangil, so ok lang daw un.. pro pano sya mg-bbite ng fud, and pano speech developement niya??

ano ba dpt kong piliin sa dalawa??

plus may 5 teeth pa for pasta.. ang gagawin to conduct the procedure, issedate sya.. may pedia anesthesiologist na tuturok pra masedate sya, then after 5 mins, nka IV na sya..

pro wala daw pain sa baby afterwards kht pawala n yung effect ng anesthia.. but the procedure itself for the sedation 9K na... ouch.. iba pa payment sa extraction/crown...

kailangan n mag-ipon.. pro now, i still dont know which one to choose... help...

hello sis! katakot naman yung situation ni baby mo..at 2 years old? alam mo na-root canal na ko it's really painful kahit may anesthesia..I don't know kung ganon din sa baby o iba yung process sa kanila..sabi mo ssedate naman sya..Hmm..parang nakakaawa pa rin si baby.
[/url][/url]

Jerkins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 02:16:55 pm »

Thta's also what I know, for 2 years old and above, we are suppose to give only 2 glasses of milk per day since at that age, they are suppose to eat their meals already so we don't need to worry about getting their nutrition only from milk.   And kids are being given vitamins too right?

But it would be better kung unti-unti ang pag lessen ng milk intake para di naman mabigla yung bata.   Like if from 6 bottles, you make it 4 bottles muna, mga after 3 days, 3, mga after 4 days saka pa lang gawing 2.  Give your kid her favorite snacks instead of giving milk.  Ask her to drink juices instead para mabawasan yung milk intake para may nutrients pa din na makuha yung bata. 

Now from bottle to sippy cups?  What I did before for my kids, sa eldest and youngest ko, bigla lang, I explained to her why she needs to drink from a cup na than a bottle, and they did, walang whining.  Pero sa 2nd ko, I changed the nipples to the big holes para masanay sya na malakas yung agos ng milk, after a week, nilalakihan ko pa lalo yung hole, dinadagdagan ko ng butas, then pag nasisira na yung nipple, hindi na ako bumibili ng kapalit. I tell my kid, we don't have anymore money to buy your new bottle/nipple, you have to drink from a cup na.  Nag tantrum ng 1 araw pero no choice sya kasi di na talag ako bumili.  I even kept the bottles after so it's either he drinks from a cup or no milk for him at all.  Kaya natuto sya.

Expect tantrums talaga because it's a way kids nowadays control us parents.  They know that for some reason, we will give in to their wants if they throw tantrums.  Pero you must be firm to let her take only 2 cups of milk.  But explain afterwards why you have to lessen her milk and why it is better that she eats or drinks other food / juice.  Explain to her also the effect it would have to her teeth.  Do the explaining in a nice, fun way for your child to understand and follow you.  Praise or give her a reward for obeying you and accepting the change you're making with her.  Tell her she's now a "big girl" that is why she has some changes to make to herself.

Thanks to this forum. I really learned a lot.

Reading your experience could also be a guide to everyone. I'll follow your advice mommy jvfrodriguez coz I have 2 daughter who are now 6 and 4yo yet they still using dede. At malaki gastos sa milk, nakaka pagod na sa bulsa..:-((

jvfrodriguez

• 3 tsikitings
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 10:38:38 pm »

Super correct.  Ang sakit sa bulsa ng pagbili ng milk lagi.  Naranasan ko dati with my son, every payday kami mag grocery, 3 cans of milk lagi kasama sa ipapamili namin so 6 cans yun in a month, that time Nido lang kami pero nasa 400 pa din ang isang can so milk pa lang 2,400 na per month.  Di ko alam, medyo addicted na pala anak ko nun sa milk kaya pala ang lakas ng intake niya.  Only after I learned of his condition, and after our doctor advised us to stop giving him milk (because of his autism), dun lang din ako na educate sa advantage and disadvantages.

Hindi naman ganun kalakas intake ng 2 daughters ko ( kasi normal naman sila) pero pina minimize ko din talaga.  Imagine our expenses per month dahil 3 kids meron kami kung super rely lang kami sa milk for our kids nutrition?  After namin na minimize ang milk, dun lang din natutong kumain ng ibang food mga anak ko.  Kasi nawala addiction nila (esp my son) sa milk.  Maghahanap at maghahanap naman kasi sila ng makakain pag nagutom e so pag walang masyadong milk, they will be forced to eat other foods di ba?

I'm glad nakatulong advice ko kahit papaano.   =)

For families with kids with autism, join Autism Society Philippines - http://www.autismsocietyphilippines.org/p/join_30.html

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 12:10:07 am »

Yes! Tama ka jan sis..kapag nagutom talaga sila,maghahanap ng iba..although sa ngaun hirap pa rin akong pagamit sa kanya yung sippy cup at least na-lessen na yung milk niya then kumakain na rin sya ng ibang food tsaka umiinom na rin sya ng juice.
Problema ko lang talaga hindi ko pa matanggal yung bottle niya to fall her to sleep..tuloy nabababad yung milk sa mouth niya. Although before she go to bed brush ko yung teeth niya..Kaso parang walang ring effect kc mag-ttake pa sya ng milk..Hay..sana eventually mawala na din sa kanya un. ;p
thanks nga pala sa advice mo ha..jvfrodriguez!
[/url][/url]

jvfrodriguez

• 3 tsikitings
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 09:26:06 pm »

Mommy tata,

one step at a time, kaya din yan eventually. 

You're welcome!  God bless!

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 05:57:10 am »

God bless 2! Good luck sa atin!  :D
[/url][/url]

mommy♥cheng

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 01:28:44 pm »

sis yung soft spout ang gamitin mo my nabibili naman na soft spout na ipapalit sa bottle nipple un lang ang papalitan yung bottle un padin..
xilac..

tata

• My little angel thea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 05:15:20 am »

sis yung soft spout ang gamitin mo my nabibili naman na soft spout na ipapalit sa bottle nipple un lang ang papalitan yung bottle un padin..

Talaga mommy? san kaya nakakabili non? anong tatak? thanks  :)
[/url][/url]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7