Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: What is your Bible verse today?  (Read 37383 times)

rozzy

• Global Moderator
  • Having own family is the BEST GIFT from GOD :)
    • View Profile
Re: What is your Bible verse today?
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2013, 04:13:33 pm »

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart."

~Proverbs 3:3

Faith does not makes things easy. It makes it POSSIBLE.
"It is not good for a man to live alone, I will make a helper suitable for him" Genesis 2:18

Parent Chat Community Rules

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2013, 09:37:49 pm »

I recently read this from Our Daily Bread

Jeremiah 17:9-10
9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
10 “I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve.”

It's true, the heart can be deceitful. Our inner desires pushes us to do things without thinking even if it's not according to the Lord's will.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

MommyGreysi777

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2013, 10:44:58 pm »

When my kids tell me they can't do something, I always remind them to say this verse.

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
Phil 4:13

Wen they utter this verse, they actually get to do what at first they say they can't.   :)

sirchief♥maya

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2013, 09:06:20 am »

Wow! may thread na pala na ganito! nakaka cleanse ng spirit  :) :) :). Here's mine:

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)"

mommy_tl

• modern-day homemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2013, 01:29:42 pm »

for us to share to our kids:

My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
—Proverbs 6:20
daddy mike & mommy_tl & baby zeik

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2013, 02:06:15 pm »

I read it on ODB last July 6
"Let us not grow weary while doing good"
-Galatians 6:9

It reminded me of the time I donated my breastmilk for 3 months to a pre-emmie with complications who eventually died, the time I donated a pack of adult diapers para sa younger sister nung matandang magbobote in our neighborhood. She was hospitalized and bedridden due to diabetes, she also died just when my donation got to her. Also the time I got a set of old encyclopedia (I found a sponsor for that) and donated it to a poor school in Mindanao, I didn't get word from the donee if it reached them.

Minsan nakakadiscourage gumawa ng mabuti, lalo na siguro kayo mga working mommies, you do your best at work then you get mistreated by your workmates and bosses. Kaya ito siguro ang verse that will keep us going.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

rozzy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2013, 12:51:13 pm »

My hubby bought me a copy of Purpose Driven Life book. :) Actually, I had the same book when I was in college pero one of my friends borrowed it at hindi ko na rin nakuha after graduation. Here is the verse where I realize something important about my life. Many things I need to attend to, to think about, and even to solve pero we need to make sure that all things should be done with Him and for Him.

"Everything got started in Him and find its purpose in Him" ~Colossians 1:16
"It is not good for a man to live alone, I will make a helper suitable for him" Genesis 2:18

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2013, 10:34:02 am »

After taking my kids to school on a drizzling morning, I was torn between going to 7-11 for coffee and stuffs or walking to the nearby Sacred Heart Church for a few prayers bearing the wet, muddy day. May be inconvenient but I need to pray for my kids' 1st day of exam today. I found on the last row a poor father and son who I see regularly at the Church.
I took time to finally friend them and found that they live in a bangketa at Adelantado St. behind the Indonesian Embassy. They depend on the little help from the medical office of the Sacred Heart for his son's PTB and allergies. The rest is a miserable yet inspiring story.
Coming home, I took time to read my ODB, timely ang verse. "A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." —Proverbs 16:9

When God guides us (Prov. 16:9), He works in ways we can’t predict. He can use even our inconveniences to bring honor to His name. When we face a seeming nuisance in our day, perhaps we should look not just for what we think we want but also for what God has for us that day.
-Dave Branon

What really lead me to take the inconvenient road to Church? As I ponder on His purpose leading, I'm planning to call nearby mommy friends for used boy's clothes, jacket and blanket.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2013, 10:19:25 am »

Kahit hindi ako naniniwala sa mumu, takot pa rin ako, the reason I can't watch Conjuring kahit recommended ng friend ko. Wait ko nalang sa DVD.
I found this bible verse para sa takot sa dilim na tulad ko.
Psalm 139 NIV
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.

Reading this verse I felt that God is always there kahit gano kadilim, maliwanag pa rin yon sa kaniya. He sees everything and he always know and see what's going on. So go away Mumu!

rozzy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2013, 12:11:49 pm »

Since Christian School ang school ng daughter ko, usually may bible verse sila need to memorize once every two weeks. Nagandahan ako sa message nito:
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God... And it will be given to him." ~James 1:5

Things might be too complicated to think about but when we raise everything to God and ask His help, all is well.

momVeh

• wife, mother of Bea
    • View Profile
    • babyveh
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2013, 11:46:11 pm »

Thursday, November 07, 2013
Revelation 14:7 (NIV)
He said in a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water."
fear with God not with yolanda (typhoon).

rozzy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:11 am »

Everything I lifted to God. Lalo na ngayon na preggy ako. Thankful kasi nabibigyan ako ng lakas dito sa verse na to... Keeping the positive vibes and thoughts!

"Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it shall be yours" ~Mark 11:24

sirchief♥maya

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2014, 03:46:59 pm »

I just want to share this verse with everyone..

1 John 4:1-6 ESV

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them."

Hindi ako relihiyosang tao. I admit hindi ko nape-perfect magsimba every Sunday. Inaamin ko rin na medyo natatakot ako dun sa kumakalat na balita balita ngayon tungkol sa "flesh-eating disease" sa Pangasinan at sa di maipaliwanag na dahilan it coincided with Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj's prophecy late last year.

Gusto kong kontrahin yung idea na "nagkakatotoo" yung mga sinasabi ni Mr. Sadhu. At this point, I want to believe na "nagkataon" lang yung tungkol sa Samar at Leyte, at ngayon sa Pangasinan.

Pero pwede rin naman na, totoo ngang nakikita ni Mr. Sadhu yung mga delubyong nangyari/nangyayari/mangyayari. Eto eh opinion ko lang naman: Totoo bang si God ang nagsasabi non sa kanya?O baka naman yung kalaban ni God... According to the Bible "many false prophets have gone out into the world". Pwede rin naman na isa siya sa mga false prophets.

Bakit ko nasabi? Kase ang devil nandyan lang. Ang devil can be anything, anyone. It can also do anything to anyone. Ang tao pag nagpatalo sa sobrang galit, nakakagawa ng hindi maganda sa ibang tao. Gaya ng nangyayari sa paligid lang natin: Gobyerno, Justice System, mga pangkaraniwang tao na nagiging riding-in-tandem, etc. Pag yun nangyari, ibig sabihin, hinayaan nyang magtagumpay yung "devil" sa kanya. Kung kayang gawin ito ng devil, much more ang maging "prophet". Yes he may speak the truth but this also can just be a way to deceive the people to believe in this prophet. Kase he mentions the name of God and apparently, he also relays the things that people should do to "prevent" these catastrophes from happening: that is praying. Papaniwalaan talaga siya. Kase "nagkatotoo" yung mga sinabi niya eh.

Ang dami tuloy taong natatakot. Oo, in a way, may advantage kase mabubuhay yung pagiging "taong-madasalin" mo. Pero kailangan talaga ganon ka-nakakatakot ang "panggising"? Sure ba na lahat magbabago at iiwan ang masamang gawain dahil sa sinabi ni Mr. Sadhu?

Ngayon nakakapag taka, bakit yung mga Priests, Pastors, mga Speakers ng INC... wala tayong nababalitaang ganito kahit kelan na kinausap sila ng Dyos para ikalat sa mga tao na "ito ang mangyayari sa taong ito... "? Kase ang gusto nila tumibay yung pananalig natin sa Dyos. Na kahit hindi natin nakikita ang hinaharap, magtitiwala tayo sa Dyos at sa kung ano ang plano niya sa atin.

Lord, tanggalin Nyo po itong takot na nararamdaman ko. Payapaain Nyo po ang puso at isipan ko... na kahit nagcoincide yung mga sinabi ni Mr. Sadhu at yung mga nangyari sa Pilipinas, walang iba akong dapat paniwalaan kundi Ikaw lang at Ikaw. Thank you Lord kase po alam namin na sa kabila ng mga nangyayaring unos sa amin, binibigyan Mo kami ng panibagong pag-asa para makabangon at maka-ahon, at totoo po Lord na nalalampasan po namin lahat ng ito dahil sa tulong Nyo. Nagiging mas matatag kami. Who are we to question You, Lord? Alam po namin na sa lahat, may dahilan Ka. Kung ano man yun, hindi namin alam pero isa lang ang alam kong gusto Mong mangyari: na magtiwala at manalig kami sa IYO. Amen.

annie0312

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2014, 07:28:22 pm »

Matthew 6:24: 'No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.'
The best thing a father can do for his chlidren is to love their mother.

rozzy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2014, 08:21:21 am »

Lately, I've been thinking to go back to my old profession. I've been out of work since Oct 2010 and I admit I've lost so much confidence. But I continue praying to God to give me answers about it and thankful for He made such quick responses. Pero still continue lang pray ko for the right decision. Kaya ito yung verse na nagpapalakas sakin:

"Everything is possible for one who believes" ~Mark 9:23

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8