Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder  (Read 8373 times)

mommyjm

• View Profile
Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:47:21 pm »

Hi Mommies!

Anybody here who knows or has experience regarding Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder? My 2.4 yr old daughter was diagnosed with this and she is recommended to undergo speech therapy.
Would like to know more helpful tips on how we should handle this as parents.

Thanks!

pastrylover

• View Profile
Re: Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 05:22:06 pm »

Hello mommy, I have my son diagnose with mixed receptive and language disorder too, but my son is already 8 yo when I learned about it...= ( anyway, have started his speech therapy and also reading therapy...from what I heard and research, increasing one's vocabulary and reading habits can great improved the his/her disorder...since your child is young, try to encourage her to read books, o di kaya read aloud books with her...that's what I did to my son and I have seen great improvement.  if you like, lets share our ideas and experience so we could work together to help our children.

Caddin

• View Profile
    • Mommy's Lullabies
Re: Meaning of "SD" and other acronyms in the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:55 pm »

Ask ko lang po, ano symptoms / signs ng disorder?

pastrylover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 02:41:14 pm »

based on my experience, difficulty in expressing or saying the right words/answer to questions that are being tossed to him. for example, where do you live...he would answer, near a restaurant, turn right four doors.  sometimes, if someone asks him a question, he would answer with a blank stare to the person questioning him, its as if he needs special translator from his/her dear mommy...yun ang madalas mangyari sa amin...sometimes, people, would misinterpret that we spoil the kid...bec if we reprimand him something he did wrong..he will still be jolly and be playful.  We need to raise our voices to call his attention.  I have learned kids are unique in these area so sometimes, its very hard to tell...but these are some signs I have notice to my son. hope it helps.

mommy yai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 04:01:17 pm »

Worried lang den ako para sa anak ko. He's turning 3 by June and diagnosed with developmental language disorder. Any suggestions ng therapy center near lagro,quezon city?

Thanks in advance, mommies!

pastrylover

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 07:20:03 pm »

Hello, what I did was search thru google any speech therapy center near Banawe Quezon City.  I forgot the website where I found the complete list..try mo...pero if your willing to travel...you can try the speech clinic near National Bookstore along Quezon Ave...I heard the best center kaya lang, parating puno.  I have tried listing my son name just in case may nag back last Feb pa..until now, havent heard any news from them. so I opted to find near our area. Usually, if you have your child assess speech and language, the center will accommodate you for session...try to ask around. hope this help.

babybubot

• My Gab.. my life.. my everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »

mga mommies kamusta na po mga anak nyo? yung anak ko ganito rin ang problema kagagaling lang namin sa dev pedia. Nothing to worry naman daw pwede maagapan since 3 years old pa lang ang anak ko. Ano po ba mga activities pwede ipagawa sa mga kids na may gantong problema? TIA

mommyjm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 01:39:33 pm »

Hello mga Mommies!

We actually tried several therapy centers, pero wala kami makuha na right for our daughter - sometimes problem with the teacher, laging absent tapos naman haba ng waiting list sa ibang centers.

So what we did instead is to enrol her sa regular school for toddlers. Para lang may makasama and makausap sya na mga kids din. Plus I think what really helped was the discipline at home - less TV and we also bought several books and read to her at night. We also replaced the Yaya. We found out kasi na when we're not around panay nood niya ng TV and di man lang kinakausap yung bata.

Thank God now medyo normal na yung speech ng daughter namin. Magaling na sya makipag usap. Early intervention really helped a lot.

babybubot

• My Gab.. my life.. my everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 05:17:15 pm »

^good to hear that mommy, si gab mag start na ng therapy niya sa monday. Hirap kasi sa school makipag communicate though sabi ng teacher niya magaling naman yung anak ko. Mahirap lang kasi di sya makajoin sa mga activities sa school na require magrecite ng mahahaba kasi bulol sya magsalita.

• my child is my most fave person
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 05:32:56 am »

hello po ang sa baby ko naman po ay specific language impairment,expressive language delay pero di po sya pinagspeech therapy kasi daw  nakakacommunicate naman kahit papano.kinakausap ko lang sya parati pag pinapaulit ko ang sinasabi ko sa kanya lagi kasi lang syang tango nang tango kaya pinapasagot ko sya nang opo parati at hindi po at pinapaulit ko mga sinasabi ko para lang magsalita sya.
I am hers to be with, & hope to be what she needs, & know of no reason why I should ever desert her.

zia_slp

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 09:49:46 am »

Hi mommies! NEST Manila just opened in Sampaloc. They have slots for OT, ST and Sped tutorials. All their therapists are certified and licensed (graduates from UP and UST). You can contact the center at 09255169308 or 09224169308.