Parent Chat

• April 25, 2019, 05:45:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Smart Parenting is giving away awesome prizes twice a month! No purchase necessary. Click here to find out.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ano bang magandang course sa College?  (Read 39440 times)

dianne_gwa@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Ano bang magandang course sa College?
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:33:32 am »

Hello,
my daughter will be graduating in high school this March 2012. She wants to take Culinary Course but I told her no. I am thinking of Business Management  or Accounting course for her. I mean what is the in demand course for college that she get a job ?
She don't like cooking, so  I told her mahihirapan siya sa Culinary. Please help.

Thank you.

Read it on Smart Parenting.
How to Save Up for Your Child's College Tuition

Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/life/money/citibank-save-up-child-school-college-tuition-adv-con?ref=parentchat

Get a chance to be invited to exclusive events or grab limited freebies from Smart Parenting and partner brands! Login to reply to this topic or share your tips in this forum. Invites are sent via email to selected forum members so be an active Parent Chatter!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:24:05 am by Mommy Jazz »
"A person should not be too honest... Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first. "

momma_33

• View Profile
Re: Ano bang magandang course sa College?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:35:01 am »

Hi Mommy! For me Industrial or Civil Engineering would be good! The world of Engineering is very diversified, at hindi ganon kahirap humanap ng work because it has so many branches and so many vacancies na pwedeng i-fill in.

kissablesam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:14:03 am »

Hi Mommy, I agree with Sis Momma_33, Engineering (any type of specialization) is really In demand now!
But of course, Please ask her what she really wants kase she might end up getting the course she doesnt really want but just to please you. Ask her what does she really wants or prefer to be 10 years from now, or what field she really excels in to. at least doon sya pwedeng mag focus. theres a lot of courses and beautiful universities esp here in Manila.
How time flies no mommy dianne? may kolehayala ka na :)

dianne_gwa@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:41:25 am »

yes ,  mga mommies  that is my youngest daughter, now she is 16 yrs old  and she is always on top 5 since elementary. My husband wants her to take BM kasi me business naman kami.

I will ask her if she wants the Engineering course, last night we have a talked that because she is not taller and she is skinny ( hahaha) she likes teller in a bank.  I am just hoping she will not do what her older sister did , gave  birth at the age of 17 and has a baby boy on the age of 18. masama pa rin ang loob ko pero andyan na eh we love the baby so much and she still wants to go to school, so I better think about it.
"A person should not be too honest... Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first. "

Mommy France

• Lucky to be loved by 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:04 am »

Top 2 paying industries ay pharma and IT.
Give her options and time to think what she really wants.
Baka gusto niya ng culinary kasi most of her friends will pursue that kasi you mentioned she doesn't even like cooking.
I am not perfect but I try my best to make the most of what God gave me.
Bad things may happen to me, but I will always come out of it with my head up high. Why? Because I know that I did the things I can control the right way. And the things I can't control, I leave it up to God's will.

dianne_gwa@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »

thanksMommy Fance, most of her friends will take that culinary dahil cute daw, so maybe they are just curious about it. Kung ako lang masusunod , gusto ko Accountant for her, but she hate numbers like me, he hehe. So maybe we will just give her three different options to choose.

ea_brea

• don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling
    • View Profile
    • La Mer de Reve
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 09:57:26 am »

ok din naman mag culinary. pwede din siya magtayo ng sarili nyang business after studying. pero kung ayaw naman niya talaga magluto, better suggest another course. baka kasi uso kaya gusto ng daughter mo. medyo mahal din mag-aral sa culinary schools. pwede naman siya magshort course na lang kung gusto talaga niya mag-aral mag luto.

i agree with momma_33, pag industrial engeneering ang course madami siyang pwedeng pasukin na fields, whether sa manufacturing or multinational companies.

purplemom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 04:03:11 pm »

..nag entrance exam ang daughter ko sa 3 universities and nakapasa sya sa mga Engineering course (2nd choice) and IT...not dun sa course na gusto niya related to sciences..i told her baka pang engineering talaga sya or pwede din IT...

..kaya pinag re-take ko sya special exam sa isang school and Robotics engineering ang pinakuha ko course kasi konti lang ang nag exam sa course na yun...nag take din sya ng entrance exam sa isang kilalang school sa Engineering and naipasa niya ang Robotics engineering..so 2 ang pinagpipilian namin schools now..waiting pa kami sa result ng special exam niya until April 26..if makapasa sya sa special exam mas gusto ko dun sa 1st school..

..para sa amin, mas maganda ang robotics engineering kasi sa industrial/manufacturing multinational companies, robotics na ang ginagamit sa mga process...glad na realize ni daughter na engineering na lang sya based sa results ng entrance exam niya..i also told her try niya engineering after one sem if mas gusto niya IT mag shift na lang sya...

...and ok din sa amin ni hubby kasi customers ng business namin are industrial multinational companies..pwede talaga magamit ang skills niya sa business namin after niya mag gain experience sa mga multinational companies..

purplemom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 04:10:01 pm »

...pero if ako ang masusunod gusto ko sana Accounting course sya..kasi ang dami opportunities abroad for international auditors and once makapasa ka CPA board dito ang dali na lang maipasa ang AICPA or CPA board exam sa US..madami na ako colleague na nasa abroad na with their family ..all working as accountant or auditor in auditing firms...

..kaso ayaw ni daughter ang course ko..ayaw daw niya maging kagaya ng work ko...or ayaw niya lang ma compare sa akin... :)

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 02:08:13 am »

^^Good course choices Mommy Onie. Engineering/IT. Siguro ang ganda ng Math foundation niya kung dun siya nag-excel pag entrance exam niya :) Been thinking ngayon talaga if college na si Meg, Accountancy din papakuha ko. O kaya Economics tapos tuloy sa Law. hehe early planning.  ;D

dianne_gwa@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 05:31:44 am »

hello mga mommies ,
my daughter finally decided what course she will get  and that is Business Administration. Mataas ang result ng entrance exam niya and  meron din 50% kasi nasa top 10 siya .
Hopefully  she will pursue this course para din ito sa kanyang future.

cyrre

• my three angels and my lovable baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 06:53:31 am »

Good yan  sis dianne nakapili na ng course ang daughter mo. Minsan depende rin sa mga naipapasang entrance exam ang nakukuhang course ng bata.. Madalas naman may second or third choice sa mga entrance to college, IT talaga maraming job opportunities, but one of the top course ngayon and in demand na rin eh HRM, business course and IT...yung daughter ko psychology course dapat she wants to take Law  or Medicine, kaso lang parang  mahihirapan sya going to san beda  lagi daw kasi may rally sa place. So pinili na lang niya yung philosophy course which is pwede rin sya mag take ng law after pero nagbabago rin isip niya kung ano gagawin niya after... She's into theater din kasi pero alam niya wala masyadong money dun unless maging artista talaga sya. Sana lang matapos niya course niya then my second daughter naman will take food tech or hrm kung ano maipasa niya sa exam...between UP and CSB then also will take culinary arts after a four or five yr course.
" always be happy "

gandangmorena

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:38 pm »

i'd go for accounting....

pero alam mo sis mas maganda if ask mo gusto ng anak mo, kasi if hindi naman niya gusto ipapa.take mo na course, it's useless. kausapin mo siya, malay mo maganda naman pala ang gusto niyang maging course ;)

trishevil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 05:27:12 pm »

^I'd go for Accounting kasi yun ang profession na alam ko. I'm an Accountant kasi. ;D Lahat ng business/establishment kelangan ng Accountant. It's not necessarily the highest paying Job but it will surely give you a Job that is rekated to your profession.

dianne_gwa@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 11:58:56 pm »

business management na yung kinuhang course ng daughter ko, meron din naman silang subject na accounting kaya siguro ok na rin yun..hopefully maka graduate ..hays
Pages: [1] 2