Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: All about difficulty in feeding / appetite problems / picky eaters 1-3 yo  (Read 239511 times)

Amphitrite

• View Profile

Basahin sa Smart Parenting. Click any topic title.
Parenting Hack Para Sa Ayaw Kumain
Ayaw Kumain! Addicted Sa Gadget
Payatot Kids and Picky Eaters

photo by SHUTTERSTOCK/UCCHIE79

My 2 year old son is a picky eater too, he would only eat, noodles like pansit & spaghetti ang finger foods like biscuits & potato fries. His gain weight is rather slow and we're afraid that he may not maximize his growing age because of his miniscule food intake.

:'(

Naka-relate ka ba? Basahin ang latest comment tungkol dito o mag Reply para makapagpost ng katanungan, payo o kwento.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 03:34:33 pm by Parentchat Admin »

jang

• View Profile

hi! my baby is 1 year and 4 months old and luckily, she eats everything i give her.. well maybe because right at the very beginning she started eating solid foods when she's about 8 months, i already introduced her to fish and vegetables with rice. She loves to eat anything tha has "sabaw".. well i believe that when a child is hungry, she would really find a way to eat. I suggest, not to give her in-between meals or mirienda so that during meal time, she feels hungry and hopefully she'll eat. it's better not to give her an option on what food she wants to eat because if she doesn't have a choice, she'll really eat. you should have to be firm and don't let your child be in control of the situation.. but that doesn't mean naman na papagalitan mo siya.. :) ooh,well goodluck mommy!=)

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

I had her pediatrician prescribe an appetie enhancer which I forgot to bring when I got to the drug store. So I got appebon nalang. I swear, ang pangit ng lasa and we put up a fight every morning. The package is deceiving. May picture pa ng apple so I thought it was apple flavor, hindi pala. On the 3rd day, I mixed it with her fav multivit syrup 1/2-1/2 and give 2 teaspoons of that. Medyo OK na kami. I'll just finish this bottle and will never buy the product again.
In fairness, there has been a positive change on her eating habits. Less scolding on the table, she even askes for snacks after breakfast and at snack time. Sometimes, she asks for 2nds on meal time.
There's this new appebon TV commercial and I noticed the package is different with what I bought. Is this a better kind or for older kids? Any feedback?

♥ pink ♥

• butterfly kisses
    • View Profile

my son is taking cyl-10. ok sa kanya ito kaya lang pinastop ng pedia baka maover daw since appetite stimulant ata should be stopped after consuming a few bottles. (not sure ha)... sana hindi nalang ako nakinig. kasi nung binalik ko, wala ng effect...e ang sabi, pwede naman ng ibapwede icontinue yun kahit ilang bottles.

ang hirap din pakainin. kahit gutumin, hindi parin "magana" kumain. he eats a lot of rice pero konting ulam lang... he likes pork chops, fried chix and fried fish...minsan lang mag mechado pero sauce lang...tska ang bagal kumain. hindi sya pwede yung marami isubo... lokohan nga sa house, si ian pang teaspoon, si janelle (younger) serving spoon kung sumubo.

ok na rin kasi may intake parin ng various food, hindi nga lang balanced... pero siguro i would be asking too much ba kung gusto ko pareho sila ng younger sis niya kumain... as in lahat kinakain...

♥ pink ♥

• butterfly kisses
    • View Profile

pero bakit yung cyl ok lang daw itake continously?

patry ko din nutrilin a kanya...

thanks, sis ;)

momsielala

• View Profile

Hi Pink,

According to my pedia some appetite enhancer may affect brain development or something. If your pedia says its OK and its OK with you...then give it a try... pero kasi di ba goal lang naman natin is to stimulate their appetite siguro pag sanay na silang to eat larger amount or maging habit na nila yun...maybe we can stop na din...kasi we dont know the effect later years di ba....

Ingat po!!!

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Kaya pala sabi ng Pedia niya sandali lang ang bigay ng Heraclene. Anyway, for our topic not to lead to appetite enhancing medicines (hey, maybe someone can start a thread on that), here's my update. The 1st brand of appetite enhancer will be finished soon (thank God, ang pangit nga kasi ng lasa) and I'll give her what her Pedia prescribed. After that, kung wala pa ring effect, We just have to accept her as she is. Like on Aug SP's article, Suzi Entrada has the same problem with their 1st Daughter. They call her eating habit the "supermodel diet". Like the Entrada couple, we'll just wait for her to come out.
I told my father about this dillema and I learned he had the same problem with me too. Genes?

♥ pink ♥

• butterfly kisses
    • View Profile

Hi Pink,

According to my pedia some appetite enhancer may affect brain development or something. If your pedia says its OK and its OK with you...then give it a try... pero kasi di ba goal lang naman natin is to stimulate their appetite siguro pag sanay na silang to eat larger amount or maging habit na nila yun...maybe we can stop na din...kasi we dont know the effect later years di ba....

Ingat po!!!

nistop kasi namin before, nawalan nanaman ng gana e...
pero thank you for the reminder :)
thank you so much...

rollercoastermom

• View Profile
Re: All about difficulty in feeding / appetite problems / picky eaters 1-3 yo
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 04:36:03 am »

Our pedia prescribed Propan naman for Mika when she didn't achieve the target weight gain. Since then, she's been eating a lot na! She's only 2 but she can finish an entire jumbo hotdog, rice and egg!  :o I'm planning to stop it narin kasi it's already been 3 months. That's what our pedia said. Hopefully she'll maintain her appetite. Also, I have been refraining narin from giving her too many in-between snacks.

m1tchi3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 05:19:02 pm »

I had her pediatrician prescribe an appetie enhancer which I forgot to bring when I got to the drug store. So I got appebon nalang. I swear, ang pangit ng lasa and we put up a fight every morning. The package is deceiving. May picture pa ng apple so I thought it was apple flavor, hindi pala. On the 3rd day, I mixed it with her fav multivit syrup 1/2-1/2 and give 2 teaspoons of that. Medyo OK na kami. I'll just finish this bottle and will never buy the product again.
In fairness, there has been a positive change on her eating habits. Less scolding on the table, she even askes for snacks after breakfast and at snack time. Sometimes, she asks for 2nds on meal time.
There's this new appebon TV commercial and I noticed the package is different with what I bought. Is this a better kind or for older kids? Any feedback?

try mo propan effective sya sa anak ko pero kinda expensive parang nasa 300k plus yata sya, and also try the mosegor vita  :)

ruffles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 03:34:21 pm »

pink, where can i buy CYL-10? hirap din pakainin son ko.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 05:26:32 pm »

Update ko lang po about my daughter's poor eating habits. Since Appebon and Heraclene worked little on her, her Pedia adviced us to do an Xray na for possibility of Primary Complex. Guess what? Positive nga. Matagal nang suggest sa amin yon, my husband took it lightly. She's very active, happy and energetic. I can't even remember the last time she got sick or had cough and cold so imagine how shocked we were. She had this skin test before for PTB but the result was not conclusive kasi exacto 8mm yung skin reaction niya. But since her poor appetite, an indication of PTB, was not solved by appetite enhacers, then it could be primary complex nga.
Now we're treating her and her eating improved.

momsielala

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 10:51:14 am »

Update ko lang po about my daughter's poor eating habits. Since Appebon and Heraclene worked little on her, her Pedia adviced us to do an Xray na for possibility of Primary Complex. Guess what? Positive nga. Matagal nang suggest sa amin yon, my husband took it lightly. She's very active, happy and energetic. I can't even remember the last time she got sick or had cough and cold so imagine how shocked we were. She had this skin test before for PTB but the result was not conclusive kasi exacto 8mm yung skin reaction niya. But since her poor appetite, an indication of PTB, was not solved by appetite enhacers, then it could be primary complex nga.
Now we're treating her and her eating improved.

Hi mommyjazz,

Don't get me wrong ha...I understand primary complex can be passed by an adult to kids. Do u wonder where ur  daughter got it?A physical check-up with adults in ur house may help kasi un ang ginawa ng friend when her daughter had this sickness otherwise hindi rin ma-treat well yung daughter mo if the adult is not being treated as well.

Hope this helps.....take care

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 11:23:55 pm »

I started a new topic about Primary Complex and this under Child's Health. Will reply na rin to your post on that thread.
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php?topic=277.msg1302#new
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:13:20 pm by Mommyjazz »

mommyehden

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 03:10:58 pm »

Hi i'm a newbie! I also want to share my dillema with my 23 months daughter. Okay naman yung weight niya, medyo short lang sa height. Ang concern ko lang, minsan lang sya kumain ng rice, puro milk pa rin sya. And everytime na alam nyang mealtime na she would ask for milk. Sabi ng mom ko, hayaan ko lang since healthy naman ang milk. But I'm worried, di ba dapat she's eating three meals a day. tsaka, gano karaming rice ba kelangan nyang maconsume per meal?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16