Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: All about difficulty in feeding / appetite problems / picky eaters 1-3 yo  (Read 240420 times)

mOmielle

• View Profile

I don't mind my son eating being a bit picky on the food he eats. Like adults din naman may gusto may ayaw. What i love is that he eats veggies no trouble with that. :) Saluyot, malunggay, sitaw and kalabasa are his favorties.

Experiment lang talaga on food pati ang bata ngbabago ng gusto. What my son hated before he eats now ganun talaga trial and error until you find what he wants. Kailangan maging creative tayo mgprepare ng pagkain, pwede din sila iinvolve sa kitchen para maging interested sila sa pagkain. Like my son he helps me in making fish fillet siya ang nagbbread ng fillet. Pati pagmimix ng scrambled eggs siya na pinapagawa ko. Try niyo mga mommies :)

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms

It's normal for kids to like and then not like a certain food. What's important is that an early age they are exposed to as much healthy food as possible: whole grains, milk, fruits, veggies, etc.

But yun nga, sometimes kids that used to love broccoli may not do so after a few months and that's okay.

To answer the question, you may try serving several different food to your child (2-3) and make sure that he likes at least one of the foods there so you won't fight na hindi siya kumakain. The other food types are for him to try.

Do the rule na he has to at least try the food and if he doesn't like it okay lang.

Also, avoid preparing other food just so he can eat, be sure na he understands what is on the table is what he can eat lang.

At least that's how one mom did to win against her picky eater, read more here: http://greeneggsandmoms.com/winning-battle-against-picky-eaters.html

Hope this helps
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

KVsmommy

• Living a full life as a WAHMmy. :D
    • View Profile

my daughter is also a picky eater. she's turning three this saturday, and only eats fish, tofu, rice, pansit, and pasta (without sauce ha). she also eats bread and soup. pero ayaw niya ng veggies. :( she loves fruits though and still regularly takes her milk. At her age, she's still at 14 kilos. I'm actually a bit worried, kasi nga parang she's magaan for her age, so I asked the pedia during her last check up, and she said na within normal range naman. haaay I wonder how I can get her to eat more. malakas naman kumain, pero hindi consistently malakas ang appetite.

mommy@17louise

• mommy@17
    • View Profile
    • facebook

My daughter is 1yr old and 4 months. Di sta nakaen ng rice i mean she eat but not that often minsan ng aaway na kami mag ina just to feed her and pag meal time na expect the terrible mess! As in butil ng kanin all over the dining table at sa tiles. Well until now sineCERELAC ko pa fin sya usually thats her b'fast just to satisfy my thoughts she had at least a COMPLETE nutrition pero napapayatan pa din ako sa kanya. I think she's around 9kg and it bothera me super picky eater!! Di pa nadede sa bote 4oz pahirapan ubusin! Pero nag bbreastfed pa din ako. Clusivol drops and pedzinc drops vitamins niya and then promil kid milk niya.

Now i just wantto try the APPEBON SYRUP they say at the ad that's a appetite booster. Pls give ur comments about this vitamins. And the dosage u givecto ur kiddos thankx a lot and to mention super likot talaga ng baby q as in larong lalake. I mean sampa sampa takbo takbo kaya un yung sinasabi ng mga bienan at hipag na normal lang daw weight ni baby. But for me its NOT ang pangit tignan pls help me some advise and suggestiin

thanks...

Errych

• Global Moderator
  • Watch.Wait.Time will unfold & fulfill its purpose.
    • View Profile

Same topics merged. Please utilize Search function first before starting new thread.

sachism

• proud mom to a very charming daughter
    • View Profile

I got the same advice from my daughter's pedia. No more snacks and lessen milk intake.

My daughter is not very adventurous. She just likes to eat may sabaw na food and fried fish.

mypristine

• View Profile

since her poor appetite, an indication of PTB, was not solved by appetite enhacers, then it could be primary complex nga.

hi there, talaga? my baby is not eating much, and super  bagal ng weight gain niya?

do u think i can ask my baby about this? ayaw kc cia bigyan ng appetite enhancer ng pedia niya :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:20:33 am by Mommyjazz »
a lawyer, civil servant and a first time mom! :)

mypristine

• View Profile

.sa mosegor sya nahiyang

hi ug pedia ko ayaw mgbgay ng appetite stimulant :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:21:39 am by Mommyjazz »
a lawyer, civil servant and a first time mom! :)

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms
Re: All about difficulty in feeding / appetite problems / picky eaters 1-3 yo
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2012, 11:47:35 pm »

I think the number one rule to deal with picky eaters is to surround them with healthy food. But don't just go and make the change immediately, do it slowly. :)

Also you can implement the following researched-based methods to get kids to eat more fruits and veggies:

- have several colorful food on a single plate
- use optical illusion to make servings sizes smaller than they are. smaller serving sizes don't intimidate the kiddos
- serve water with veggies
- smile while YOU eat veggies

To read more on how to do these go here: http://goo.gl/NWjs5
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

wahmproject

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 09, 2012, 11:52:44 pm »

This is a long post :) HIrap din pakainin yung anak ko until recently.  I tried a lot of things before.  Some that worked with other toddlers did not work with my son so trial and error talga. Here is what Im doing now:

1) my son asks for milk as soon as he wakes up (anytime between 6am to 8am). ideally real food before milk but iyak and struggle lang to do this. so what i do is give him milk around 4 to 5oz lang and after 2 hours he has space na sa tummy to eat real food.

2) kung ano man yung pagkain namin, i offer it to him. He will refuse first but il negotiate to try one bite. Pag ayaw, isang pilit pa. Im stricter with the first bite. And when he takes that one bite, and ayaw na ng second bite and he looks ready to throw up, i dont pursue it. I will say na "yehey! see, one bite lang." So he knows I mean business but also eating should not be a chore. 

3) Meal times 3x a day with two snacks in between.  Im not so strict sa time. Depende kasi sa sleeping time, milk intake and other factors.

4) When he doesnt like to eat bec he is playing, il tell him that we will hide his toys. 

5) I let him have cookies, cake, biscuits, chocolates,chips, iced tea (no softdrinks), etc in moderation.  Ang rule is he should eat something healthy also.  Dati kasi, ayoko. Eh ganun din, crying episodes tapos lalabas na kontra ako sa lahat ng gusto niya.  Mas nagwork pa ngayon at marami sya nakakain if i let him have some "unhealthy" food from time to time. 

Be ready lang to adjust. it will not be smooth sailing all the time. Also If he is sick, hindi ko pinipilit gaano.  I want him to recover eh kung iiyak pa ng iiyak, wawa naman.  And he will just throw up what he eats.

jetman

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2012, 11:19:34 am »

Hi mga mommies pa share din..grabe ka picky eater anak ko she is 1 yr old and 8 months..she doesnt eat veggies as in..after 5 spoon ayaw na niya agad..puro lang sya milk..natatakot ako na she might me malnourished..do you think magimprove pa eating habits niya mga mommies? Grabe na talaga ko nag woworry..

danixnix

• ilovemarheyceldan! Godbless us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2012, 11:06:06 am »

hello mga sis need help lang po, ask ko lang po sana mga alam niyo vitamins na pampagana kumain aside from propan tlc kasi ito na yung tinatake ng son and daughter ko parang nagsasawa na sila gusto ko sana ibang vitamins naman para gumana sila sa pagkain nila/ salamat!
A baby is God's opinion that life should go on.

RMMD

QueenBee

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2013, 02:38:32 pm »

^naku mommy ganyan din baby ko. 1 year old din. date kumakain sya ngayon ayaw na niya or di kaya pili lang yong gusto nyo. sabe ng mga friends ko na mommy din at medyo mas matanda mga babies nila sa akin normal lang daw naman yong stage na ganun. kaya wag daw pilitin kase kakain ule naman sila in time. baka mas lalo daw matrauma kung pinipilit.

mommyMidya

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »

^ we are in the same boat. Two weeks ko nang napapansin na humina kumain yung baby ko. Kahit anung food tinatanggihan niya. Puro gatas lang ang iniinom niya. :( hindi ko nga alam kung magpapalit ako vitamins or what..

V for Veronica

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2013, 01:21:21 pm »

parang ganyan din si baby ko.  tapos pag sinusubuan parang busyng busy sila sa pagkalikot ng kung ano-ano.  kaloka!

ano-ano ba sisses ang dapat ipakain sa 1 year old?  sabi ng iba kahit ano na daw.  i want to know your comments.

thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16