Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?  (Read 18799 times)

Lelen

• Fulltime Nanay ni Enzo
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?
« on: November 18, 2011, 06:02:45 pm »

Basahin sa Smart Parenting:
3 Ways to Make Read Aloud Sessions With Your Toddler More Engaging

Click HERE.

ILLUSTRATOR NATZ BADE

I do sis pinkyellow! I love books too. Kahit ano binabasa ko.  ;)

I remember, when I was still pregnant with Enzo. Every night before going to sleep, I pray aloud. after that I read aloud too, Bible for Children.

And because I love books, I buy a lot of childen books from book sale and I'm happy na nakikitaan ko ng hilig sa books si Enzo. I read to him pero not during bedtime, during his naptime lang. and now that he's 18mos, laging books na ang dala kong pang aliw sa kanya whenever we go out. Mas madalas na books ang hawak niya dito sa house. Whenever he's getting bored, nagbibigay sya sakin ng book tapos ipapabasa niya. Tapos madalas din na nagbabasa ya kunwari ng book kahit di pa naman sya nakkapagsalita!  ;D

Naka-relate ka ba? Maging member na para makapagpost ng katanungan o payo dito
Reply to join this discussion.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:02:54 pm by Parentchat Admin »

kuliglig^^

• View Profile
Re: Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »

My mom read to us starting when I was still 1 1/2 years old, so I will definitely read to my son when he comes out of my belly. :)

Caddin

• View Profile
    • Mommy's Lullabies
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 10:11:41 pm »

I bought a lot of 2nd hand books, too. Hoping that my son would learn to love reading. He's just 10 mos now pero parang minsan di sya interested.. :( minsan nginangatngat lang niya board books niya. Though minsan naman, finiflip niya ang pages. Ganon ba talaga? Sandali lang sya interested tapos gusto ibang laruan na.

ea_brea

• don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling
    • View Profile
    • La Mer de Reve
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:32 am »

i totally agree! i started reading to my son as early as 6 months. mahilig din siya magngatngat ng books niya, pero na-outgrow naman niya yun. hindi pa makuha ng attention span niya pero at least he got to know about reading early. ngayon 6 years old na sya and super love niya magbasa, pero nagpapabasa pa din sya sa kin kahit marunong na sya.  ;D

tips lang, for younger infants, recommended books yung mga konti lang ang words, more on colorful but simple pictures dapat. then as they grow, introduce books with more words. :) meron naman nakasulat minsan sa books kung pang anong stage/age sila.

ahyzeyuh

• im a good person,just keep on making bad decisions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 01:32:45 pm »

i bought several books to my daughter-
try to read it but shes not interested, mas gusto niya siya my hawak ng book then keep on flipping pages
mga pics lang tinitingnan niya

1st book i bought her is somewhat like a bible, i forgot the title if 1st story book ba or my 1st book

KirkAlfante

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:47:36 am »

True. Pero scientifically, the language level of your kid should be ahead than that of her reading. The reason behind it is that in order to easily associate an object with words, they have to first be familiar with it.

Maganda na nga yung transition ngayon eh, kasi we are currently adopting yung teaching style nila in the U.S (hopefully schools will catch on). There are a lot of differences when it comes to the teaching method here and abroad. If I were to name one, it would be that abroad, they dont totally teach them abc's first. Rather, they teach them how to read symbols like "a", "m", in order, respectively. Which, if you think about it, is correct, since usually, the first words out of a baby's mouth are "mama".

Sana lang yung mga preschools dito would start to adopt the system.

Lelen

• Fulltime Nanay ni Enzo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 11:29:47 am »

^ But you know what sis KirkAlfante, my kuya says na mas maganda ang educational system dito satin as compared sa US (this is his opinion ha) Kase andun na sila buong family and my neice na nag prep dito satin was immediately accelerated to the next level kase sabi ng mga teachers dun, advanced na sya. Sabi ng kuya ko, most on independence ang tinuturo dun. Same is said by my cousin in Australia. Kaya nga daw dapat mas magagaling tayo sa iba.  ;D

ondi

• I know how to do anything because I am a mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 02:01:48 pm »

Kahit hindi before bedtime, dapat basahan ng books ang bata. When you get the chance to read a book, do so. Minsan yun son ko nagbabasa (two years and one month old) mag isa. Kahit hindi exact sentence, nagcocompose sya ng sarili nyang words pero andun pa din yung meaning. books are fun, books are great!

annamariemomof3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 03:43:19 pm »

dati binabasahan ko ng books eldest ko. tuwing may sale nga na mga books bili ako till now tuloy dami pa rin di nabasa dahil OA sa dami. i think it worked kasi he learned to love books kahit minsan nakakapagod na kasi minsan gusto niya paulit ulit story every night. he learned to read when he was 3 so worth naman pagod pagod at paos namin ni hubby. now at night he reads to his brothers who are 1 year and 4 months. kakatuwa dahiul kahit super likot ng dalawa when their kuya starts to read na tatahimik na sila to listen.

Caddin

• View Profile
    • Mommy's Lullabies
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 08:31:38 pm »

^kailan mo sinimulan basahan ang baby mo ng pre-elem books?

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 08:26:16 am »

lizlemon30 - Wow I think it's a good idea to read them school books to "prepare" them somehow for school. Thanks for the great tip!

One of my favorite topics is reading talaga because it has the power to enrich lives through learning. I'm an avid reader and want my son to be as well. By himself, he reminds me to read him "sleeping" books at night so he knows daw that it's time to sleep. He is 4 :) Here are some of his favorite bedtime books: http://greeneggsandmoms.com/bedtime-storybooks-for-preschoolers.html
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

Errych

• Global Moderator
  • Watch.Wait.Time will unfold & fulfill its purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 01:43:39 am »

We love to read. My daughter and I even participated in her school's storytelling day. When we go to the mall we make sure that we drop by NBS or Booksale to grab a book. Maganda avenue din ang reading para hindi masyado ma-hook sa TV and computer games.  :)

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 02:04:52 am »

mahilig din akong magbasa ng book kaya everytime na free ako, bonding time namin ang reading. nung una, board books. ayaw din niya at first. pinili ko yung mga makulay at madaming pictures muna. then nagshift ako sa paper na but still hardcover. dati nabobore siya kahit may pictures but now, siya pa ang nag aaya na magbasa kami. ;)

galathea

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 04:20:05 am »

Good day mga parents especially sa mga mommies!

My son just celebrated his 5th month bday yesterday, and yes I am reading to him during bedtime...

I started reading to him around 3 and a half months old, I read two books, first is his story book then his little book of prayers...Its what we call "zachary's mommy time"... I firmly believe that if we start reading to him at this early age it would develop his love for reading the way his daddy and I do, and we also believe that its important to let him understand the importance of prayers at an early age, we also take him to Sunday masses eversince his 1st month bday...

Happy parenting to all!

LLLA

• ♥♥♥cRazYwoRkiNgMoM♥♥♥
    • View Profile
    • lizloveslexidigiscrapbookplace
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 10:59:53 am »

Yes, I do.. My daughter loves bedtime stories.. ;D
♥♥♥ I just love my kids! ♥♥♥
Pages: [1] 2 3