Parent Chat

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?  (Read 14936 times)

lai_lanzaderas

• work-at-home mom in lipa city
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Do You Read To Your Kids?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 07:32:57 pm »

yes. but we don't follow any routine. i love reading and i buy books for her to instill a love for reading. but i feel that she's more interested in music (singing and dancing). she's more like her father. =)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:34:35 pm by lclanzaderas »

yeniz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 08:13:23 pm »

read to your child everyday and soon it will become a routine na din sa kanya and  magandang bonding na din s mother - child ang pumunta sa bookstore to buy some books that you'll love both.

jhenbreak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 02:14:42 pm »

Yes, I read to my baby, and he loves it. Whenever I look at him as I read, he smiles at me.

galathea

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 03:17:42 pm »

My son is 5months old going on 6months, I have been reading to him for almost three months already... Whenever he gets cranky because he is already sleepy but does not to sleep yet, I read to him and he settles down and stare at me as I read the story...
Then he would finally give in to his sleepiness and after we read from his Book of Prayers he would finally go to sleep...
I usually change my voice when I read him stories to make it more interesting... He recognize a story book already, one time we were at his doctor's clinic and there was a child who was holding a story book, my son look closely at the book then back to me as if asking me if I could read him his story...

Happy New Year 2012 to everyone!!!

mum_06

• you're my greatest achievement.love you both!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 06:34:32 am »

hi Mommies,yup hubby and I do read books to our son.
sa sobrang dami na nga ng books niya kasi tuwing punta kami sa shop,book agad turo niya..tuwing matulog dapat read book
muna or else di sya makatulog kaya kahit late na or kahit sobrang pagod dapat talagang basahan sya.
sana maging tuloy-tuloy ang pagkahilig niya sa books :)
:) In God we trust :)

blissfulmom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 10:48:48 am »

hi mga sis! anong books read nyo sa mga babies and san ba maganda buy ng books? my baby boy is 3 years old now may mga books na rin sya and lagi din kami read ng books though sometimes hirap ako kung ano ba talagang books and dapat kong buy.. please help. thanks :)

ondi

• I know how to do anything because I am a mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 12:49:53 pm »

hi blissfulmom, mommies shared their child's collection on the thread below. there are lots of books na pwede sa infants. maraming info sa thread na yan, as well as good bookstores  :)

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,22216.0.html

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 02:08:40 pm »

--> @blissfulmom: yup magaganda yung mga na suggest na books sa thread na suggest ni mommy ondi, binasa ko din yan nuon. Sa booksale ako madalas bumili, madaming good finds and mura pa. ito yung mga latest na binabasa namin. she's 4 yrs old now.

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 07:49:53 pm »

lizlemon30 - Yes he has many kinds of books, educational ones are part of them. Reading really expands one's mind and exposes him to things he would normally not that's why I make sure my son loves reading. He has lot of Dr. Seuss books.
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

alexismom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 01:27:12 am »

i need tips on reading to a toddler who is hyperactive and naughty. i used to be able to read to my daughter but lately she wouldn't sit still. she would listen to me for a few minutes then she would run around and play. i tried reading to her before bedtime but she listened for awhile and looked at the book then scribbled on a piece of paper using her crayon. after that, play ulit siya. i would just leave her books lying around the bedroom where she could see them.

ackelboc

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 01:50:48 am »

we have a special bonding time with reading. Before nung hindi pa marunong magread yung 2 girls ko, palitan kami ni hubby sa pagread sa kanila. now that my eldest can read na, most of the times sya ang pinagread ko then after niya magread magpalitan kami ng mga points and values of the story.

impart talaga namin sa kanila yung reading. there are times na pupunta kami sa bookstore lang talaga. specially fully booked shops...for me kase, reading opens a whole new world to everyone. I started reading to them even when they were still babies pa and now they enjoy it themselves na. :)

chococream

• without you life is without meaning baby
    • View Profile
    • Online Store
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:36 am »

pa join mga sis, Yes i too read to my daughter nagstart ako mag read sa kanya mga 2years and 1month pa sya. yong mga little books with so many pictures yon books niya na hard bound pati na yong flip-ups with animals, objects etc.
kahit hindi bedtime or naptime nag read kami, now if bored na sya maglaro magisa or magwatch ng dora sa dvd, kinukuha nalang niya diretso books niya at sya na nagpaflip or kinukulit na niya ako na read kami ng books.

imeego

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 09:47:02 am »

when i gave birth, i started buying a lot of books for my baby, most of them are board books with colorful pictures...i started reading to him when he was i think 5-6 mos old...whenever i had the chance i read to him kahit di pa niya naiintindihan...after he turned 1 year old, that's when i noticed na mahilig na sya sa books...at 14 mos old, he can already name most of the objects/animals in his brainy baby set of board books...ultimo magdedede na lang magsasabi pa sya ng "book"...so while nagdedede sya may hawak syang book ;D pag nasa playroom niya kami, most of the time instead of playing with his toys, he would say "book" so ako naman bigay ko agad yung books niya...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:16:45 am by imeego »

fashionistamom

• Hoping for a baby boy :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »

me, i started reading colorful books kay baby when she was 6 months pa lang. Basta I keep on reading stories to her. Kaya ngayon naman she is fond of books. :)

cowgirl_mommy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 11:46:43 pm »

i try to read to my daughters whenever I can. although i hope that i can be more consistent with the routine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3