Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Should I stay or Should I go?  (Read 5597 times)

mattimaldita

• View Profile
Should I stay or Should I go?
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:07:34 pm »

Hi Mommies!

I need your advice. I'm working abroad before i got pregnant. I'm a single parent living with my family and raising my 9 month old daughter. Currently, I am working from home while taking care of my baby. What I am earning is just enough for paying the vaccination every month and my baby's supplies like diapers, wet wipes, formula milk and food. I am planning to go back to abroad and re-apply at my old employer. I don't want to be away and not be with my daughter while she's still a baby but I don't want to work here because I know that I will not be able to provide for her needs by having a low salary. My Parents are telling me that i should wait until my daughter reaches 3-4 years old before i go abroad. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Thank you, mommies!

1sttimemom

• inta hayati inta habibi
    • View Profile
Re: Should I stay or Should I go?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:38:47 pm »

Hi sis! Same tayo ng story. I found out I was pregnant while I was on vacation that's why i decided to stay here instead. My baby is now 18 months and I am hired to work in Kuwait. I will be leaving my son behind soon for im just waiting for Pidos. The thought of being away from him and missing every milestone he will make for the next 2 year kills me but i dont have a choice. What i will be earning there will definitely ensure him a better future thats why i am willing to make this sacrifice. Only you know the answer to this question i think it would be best if you weigh the pros and cons. good luck to you sis!
You know you're in a good place when you can laugh at something that would have made you mad in the past...:)

mattimaldita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:35:35 am »

Salam! Thank you for your reply! Really appreciate it! Ang sad naman na you have to go. But, the good thing is you came up with a decision na. I still have six months before i finally decide to go back to my former job. Hope everything goes well with you and your baby. :)

widdle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 01:31:09 pm »

Hi!  I'm a new member and I would like to share my thoughts regarding this issue.  The decision to leave is really in your hands but be careful and weigh the pros and cons of leaving. 
My brothers and sisters are all abroad and their children were left here in the Philippines under the care of my mother and their yayas.  Their age range from 2-21 y/o. Since their parents are not here, they become very spoiled especially regarding money and material things because my siblings thought that the way to make up with their abscence is through monetary and material things.  And when their children goes astray, they all blame it on my Mom.
If you decide to leave, always have a good communication with your daughter because the love and care of someone else wil never measure up to the loving care of her mother.  And never spoil her with monetary and material things because the tendency of children is to associate you with these things and when the time comes that you will not give in to their request, it will surely disappoint them. 
If you decide not to leave then I hope  you'll also do good here in the Philippines and at the same time enjoy the loving arms of your daughter.