Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: attention deficit (Inattentive type)  (Read 7031 times)

sgs105

• View Profile
attention deficit (Inattentive type)
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:59:22 pm »

would like to ask some momiies out there who has a child with this condition. We just went to 2 psychiatrist and my son was diagnosed with add (inattentive type), he can read and write naman. just want to ask kung ano ba dapat gawin sa school? im gonna have a meeting next week with the principal kasi nga medyo d magaganda grades ng anak ko..hope somebody can help..thanks.

Mod's note:
These Tools help Prepare Kids With Learning and Attention Issues for School

Read about it on Smart Parenting. Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/kids-with-special-needs/school-readiness-kids-with-learning-and-attention-issues-a1677-20180819?ref=parentchat

Login to Smart Parenting to gain full access to this forum. Reply to this topic or share your parenting tips and get membership perks. Join today's hot topic too. Click HERE to sign up and get a downloadable freebie.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:45:27 pm by Mommy Jazz »

pastrylover

• View Profile
Re: attention deficit (Inattentive type)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:03 pm »

Hello...my son is also diagnose with ADHD-Inattention type...what I did first was to have a talk with the principal...this type of diagnostic is far different from the Hyperactive or autism...usually, what the principal will do is advise the teacher to have the child sit in front of the class...I usually request advance copies of lesson plan...that is, be the first to know what the teacher will be teaching and start introducing this to your son/daughter at home para pagpasok niya sa school, medyo eager siya to listen to the lesson.  Is he taking any OT session, this will help a lot...I got a lot of exercises from his therapist that I do at home to help him in his studies...it help a lot....do your psychiatrist prescribe medication? kasi for my son, they did prescribe pero NO-NO po for him to take...heard a lot of horror stories. let's share ideas and notes....I too keep searching on how to work on my son improvement at home...maybe you have some ideas to share...please keep in touch.

sgs105

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 03:40:10 pm »

thanks sis for the feedback..akala ko ako lang ang may ganito..its kinda hard for me kasi the school wants to have a recommendation from a Neuro Dev Pedia before they can make actions daw...i went to the doctor na but still needs some test pa to have an affirmative conclution of ADHD inaattentive type..my next appointment is on Oct pa..might transfer him next year to a smaller school..no need na daw for my son to have an OT because he is 7 na..the doctor recommend for medicine but like you, ayaw ko din..we will still have a second opinion to be sure..thanks sis, at least now i know what to do for the meantime while im waiting for the next sched ng doctor..by the way, traditional school ka ba? how old is your child? Thanks so much..:)

KVsmommy

• Living a full life as a WAHMmy. :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 05:43:32 am »

mommies, what signs to look out for po kaya for this kind of concern? saka around what age po nadiagnose yung kids nyo? thanks po! :)

sgs105

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 12:32:58 pm »

sis, yung sa akin medyo dati ko pa alam but im in denial until he reached grade 1, the teachers noticed that my son is just on  his table not participating at any activities at all and always the last one to finish the task, and worse is, mas madami syang d natatatapos thats why he's grades are not so good to the hehe...usually, my kid is always on the "day dreaming" while on class..or wandering the whole day at school..

mamacyd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 03:13:49 pm »

hi mommy sgs105!

my son is also diagnosed with ADHD. similar lang sila ng pinapakitang behavior sa school. 3 yrs old namin first nakita yung signs na may ADHD sya. pero since indenial din ayun pinabayaan lang namin. nung nagstart sya may school at age of 4yr old, lumabas na lahat ng signs. very inattentive sya sa class. pag nagsseat-in ako sa class nila, he's always staring blankly. tumatagos yung mata niya sa blackboard. he stopped schooling after 3months  pina consult ko na sa dev pedia. 3x a week OT niya plus 2 hrs per week ng SPED tutorial para mabawasan yung learning disability niya. his OT and tutorial helped a lot sa behavior niya. now he's 5 yrs old and doing well in school. very friendly sa classmates and does his seatworks well. he cooperates well and can eat his baon by himself. By the way, yung school niya is handled by therapists and teachers kaya kahit paano alam nila paano gagawin sa mga bata na may ganung status. he is on a regular class, not SPED class.

my advise... talk to your son's teachers. they should be informed of his condition para they know how to handle him. I heard from my son's therapist na may mga schools talaga na walang pakielam sa mga students nila na may ADHD or autism. mas priority daw kasi ang mga regular kids.

sgs105

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 12:40:26 pm »

thanks for all the advice..just talked to the teachers, so far he has improved a lot daw when it comes to his grades pero super double time talaga ako..the dev pedia also told me that my son might have adhd inaatentive type, not sure pa naman daw kasi ok naman daw sumagot, nid lang may nakatutok..haaay, minsan nakakapagod but as a mom, im all out to give whats the best for my son..sayang lang kasi my son is in grade 1 na, as much as i want to pull him out to a smaller school ort a progressive school, im fully paid and they wont make any refunds..:(

Golda_Magsaysay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 04:14:27 pm »

my ninang has a kid with adhd, and she told me that the best thing to do is give your child activities that will help her practice her focus. it could be something as simple as a puzzle, or something as challenging as dance steps. yung goldilocks bitbit dance for example tinuro niya sa anak niya. she was able to memorize it naman and we were very proud of her! try to teach her these dance moves, too! simple lang naman.

inkee

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »

mommies, ask lang... pano if attentive naman siya, but when she sees alot of notes to copy nag iiba na ang attitude, like tantrums or minsan talagang ayaw lang and will say its too long to copy or its to many to write? daughter ko kasi walang diagnosis we are still waiting for the sched sa place namin for the dev pedia.

she is top 9 naman among 18 students. she was a late enrollee pa sa school. actually she has difficulty with Filipino and Sibika and the Mother Tongue subject, but so far hindi naman line of 70 ang grades niya with these subjects. Curious talaga ako. baka kasi spoiled lang...

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 06:40:19 pm »

Sis inkee, kung attentive namanpala po pero problem lang sa writing, yoou can join this thread

learning how to read and write. When and how?
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,8876.msg829567.html#msg829567

or

tamad mag sulat anak ko
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,49390

chesa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41:13 am »

I think it is still best to have him fully assessed by child psychologist. Same with my son who was diagnosed with ADD by a child psychologist. There were numerous tests / activities which he completed after 12 sessions, i think. Di ko na maalala. Pero around that much. This is just to fully understand your child's needs before a recommendation is made on what type of activities will be helpful for him. My son also had an OT for months. But he's now okay and acts normal like any other kid. He's also excelling in class and has gained many friends.

• my child is my most fave person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 05:25:34 am »

tanong lang po, di ko sure kung nasa topic pa ito pero kailangan bang naka-enroll pa ang bata sa SPED kahit may ot na sya?baby ko po kasi may ot na pero pwede na daw sa regular school.tia
I am hers to be with, & hope to be what she needs, & know of no reason why I should ever desert her.