Parent Chat

Author Topic: about selling life insurance policies (no selling/solicitation please)  (Read 4600 times)

samrie29

• View Profile

Any moms out there who are currently selling life insurance policies full time or part time? I'm working form home full time and would like to venture out by looking into the possibility of selling life insurance policies. I wanted to find a way to get extra income and this actually caught my attention since the commissions and benefits seems rewarding.

I'm quite hesitant since this will be my first time to join a group and I'm hoping for moms who are on the same field can actually share their tips and insights. Thanks :)

Read it on Smart Parenting.
Moms Don't Think About THEIR Financial Security Until It's Too Late (Don't Let It Be You)

Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/life/money/financial-security-women-a1793-20190324?ref=parentchat

Get a chance to be invited to exclusive events or grab limited freebies from Smart Parenting and partner brands! Login to reply to this topic or share your tips in this forum. Invites are sent via email to selected forum members so be an active Parent Chatter!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:53:17 pm by Parentchat Admin »

CallcenterMom

• View Profile

hindi pa kasi open ang Filipino sa Life insurance.  For us, medyo morbid kung pag-uusapan ang pagkamatay.  Kung marami kang kakilala na may kaya, hindi basta "middle class".  Then may chance ka.  Kung magaling ka talagang mag-benta may chance ka rin.  But other than that, no matter how good you explain the benefits of life insurance kung walang pera or sapat lang ang pera ng lalapitan mo wala din.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

Marami namang product ang life insurance company. I thought of investing when I was young and earning a lot pero marami sa kasamahan ko puro gastos lang when earning. I think part ng magiging job mo other than selling insurances is to educate the people on how important it is to invest.

Ako din, I am interested primarily to learn about money flow, economy, investment and all. Secondary na for me yung magbenta. To get a full knowledge on this, gusto ko sana mag apply and attend seminars of different insurance companies so I can make comparison. I feel, na if you attend only with 1 company, siyempre one-sided lang ang ipe-present nila sayo. I was told, as an insurance agent, dapat 1 company ka lang connected because of the license.

Takot din ako to get into this lalo na nagbabagsakan ang mga insurance companies the past decade and there was even an agent who committed suicide nung bumagsak ang CAP kasi di niya ma take yung pagsisi sa kaniya ng mga policy owners niya . I need to know kung saang safe and stand ko, the stability of the company, giving my client an option kung anong product will work well for them, what the risks are, etc. Dapat transparent ka.

I was inspired by my friend kasi. She used to work for Manulife  pero nagmigrate na sila sa NZ. Before she offered me her product, inalam niya muna ang financial status namin and everything discussed is confidential so dapat may trust between the agent and client, hindi lang tagabenta. Then she worked on different plans for us to choose from to suit our financial capabilities. Again, hindi tulad ng ibang agents na benta lang ng benta.

I don't understand why Filipinos are avoiding the "death" topic when it's unavoidable. I guess an insurance company naman can explain on how to go about explaining this to the client. I wish I can give more insight pero hindi kasi ako agent.

midori126

• View Profile
Re: what can you say about selling life insurance policies? I need your tips
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:32:53 pm »

mukhang ok naman ... part time work usually yan ... tapos commision basis ang kita, depende kung gano ka kasipag o kaswerte hehe

I heard na may quota din siya.  I wanted to become a financial adviser before, may friend ako na ok naman daw ang benefits but with my poor selling skills, I realized it's not for me.  Pero I fully support life insurance talaga. Naniniwala ako na it will surely help yung mga taong maiiwanan ko when I die.

May mga policies plus investments na nga ngaun eh.  With that siguro kakagat na ang mga Pinoy.  Kailangan lang maestablish ang importance of having insurance and financial security.

ics

• View Profile

I just joined a group WFMA. They teaches a lot about insurances and investment. In fact when you pursue their business you can sell not only one insurance. They have a lot of partners.

And the best thing I love about it is that they share financial concepts to people whether the people buy or not.

certifiedmom

• certified housewifey with 2 lovely boys
    • View Profile

I think part ng magiging job mo other than selling insurances is to educate the people on how important it is to invest.

I was inspired by my friend kasi. She used to work for Manulife  pero nagmigrate na sila sa NZ. Before she offered me her product, inalam niya muna ang financial status namin and everything discussed is confidential so dapat may trust between the agent and client, hindi lang tagabenta. Then she worked on different plans for us to choose from to suit our financial capabilities. Again, hindi tulad ng ibang agents na benta lang ng benta.

I don't understand why Filipinos are avoiding the "death" topic when it's unavoidable.

I agree on this pati sa pag benta, kahit ako sa clients ko i offer the minimum premium lang kung un lang ang kaya.. And sa panahon ngayon mas maganda nga kung maeducate ng maayos ang mga tao about life insurance, isang way narin kasi sya ng savings na kahit buhay ka pa eh maeenjoy mo yung benefits mo, sa iba kasi pag narinig nila ang life insurance kala nila pag namatay ka lang chaka lang meron benefit pero hindi naman ganun un, madami naman pong ibat ibang products that suits your financial capability na may living benefits.  :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:15:34 pm by certifiedmom »

babytintin

• Mommy, wife, Sun Life Advisor & unit manager
    • View Profile
    • Press On The Goal
Re: about selling life insurance policies (no selling/solicitation please)
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 09:05:58 am »

I started out as a life insurance adviser about the same time as the global financial crisis in 2008.

At first, I was hesitant dahil di ko naman siya talaga linya. I used to be in media and advertising research before joining our insurance company. My motivation then was kukuha kasi ng policy bf ko (now my husband) hence may benta na ako. LOL. But when I attended the basic training course na-impress ako, coz seryoso sila! as in ang galing ng trainers, above average ang food, good handout - apparently, nagiinvest ang company sa advisors. Tapos ang ganda rin ng benefits, may HMO, insurance, provident plan, unlimited income, bonuses, recognition (lumabas na ko sa dyaryo with picture. Hehe... Babaw lang ng kaligayahan) GCs, travel incentive and invites to exciting events. Then I learned more about the business (attended seminars and read books) and found out that being a professional financial adviser is a noble and very profitable career. Ginanahan na ko when I got my first pay check (half month work) which was equivalent to one month salary when I was an employee. Yung half month work was actually just a dinner with 2 friends (na pareho kong na-close in 1 seating) and an office visit to another who just texted me that he wanted to invest. So ayun, I realized na ok tong business na to coz if you work smart, then you can have more time to have fun.

Di rin naman ganun ka-smooth sailing. My husband and I are both in this business full-time so when we started having kids, we considered having one of us back in a regular job para may "fixed income" ikaw nga. Sakto naman, kinontak ako ng isang TV network asking if I would be interested to work for them, so I said yes, so I went part-time muna sa life insurance. But I realized na we're better off sa life insurance business so I can have flexibility of time for the children and better income opportunity, so I resigned from the TV network.

I'll be very glad to share the same opportunity given to me to other mommies or even daddies who are willing to learn more about this business, so please feel free to send me a PM to know more about being a full-time or part-time financial advisor.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:10:16 am by babytintin »
Striving to be the best mother, wife, unit manager and personal finance advocate that I can be - my service and worship to my Heavenly Father, God Almighty.

ysanity

• View Profile
    • My Personal Blog

Life insurance is a very noble and rewarding work. Noble kasi alam naman natin na Filipinos are medyo hindi pa ganon ka open when it comes to insurance. So its our noble job to open their minds and help them realize how having an insurance is very very important. Yung iba kasi nare-realize lang kapag nagyari na sa kanila. Maraming insurance ang may investment at hindi lang pag na-tegi ka saka make-claim. Marami na magagamit mo sa mga future needs mo kahit buhay kapa. :)

Barbra Mae Vidal

• View Profile
Re: about selling life insurance policies (no selling/solicitation please)
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 11:58:49 am »

hi mommie. I'm a part time financial advisor from Pru Life UK. eto ang business na hard work = income. Tiyagaan talaga to get prospects. Sa team namin, marami kaming hindi bababa sa 200k per month ang income. Our branch also provides lots of trainings kaya maiinspire ka talaga. We also have BYBs or Build Your Business seminars kung san iddiscuss yung business. No commitment sya. If you're interested, you can contact me at plukbarbramaevidal@gmail.com for schedules and registration.