Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Cathedral's window ala Goldilocks  (Read 36832 times)

QueenBee

• View Profile
Cathedral's window ala Goldilocks
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:47:37 pm »

sa July 20 6 months na baby ko so im trying to find an alternative for cake. lage na kase cake handa namin. im planning na gawin ko yong cathedral's window ng goldilocks out of Jello. eto bale yong parang magiging cake ko tas paiikutan ko ng cupcakes. Bili ako ng regents cupcake then gawa ako ng buttercream icing colored blue. lalagyan ko na lang ng sprinkles.

oh di ba best alternative way yong Jello sa cake. mas mura pa. ;)

Here's how to do it:

2 90-g. packs of clear unflavored gelatin
1 90-g. pack of red gelatin (flavored or unflavored; I used strawberry flavored)
1 90-g. pack of green gelatin (flavored or unflavored; I added a few drops of pandan essence to mine)
1 c. of cream

Empty the contents of the red and green gelatin into two separate sauce pans. Pour 400ml of water into each pan. Stir to dissolve the gelatin granules. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, just until the mixtures start to bubble. Pour into two separate trays and allow to cool and set.

When the green and red gelatin have set, cut into one-inch cubes. Pour into the mold. Stir lightly to distribute.

Empty the contents of the two packs of unflavored gelatin into a clean sauce pan. Place the cream in a measuring cup and add enough water to measure 800ml. Pour into the sauce pan, stirring to dissolve the gelatin. Cook over medium heat, stirring, just until the mixture starts to bubble.

Pour the white gelatin into the mold. Do this little by little so that each time you pour, a few of the red and green cubes float. That way, the red and green cubes are distributed rather than remaining at the bottom.

Cool and chill the gelatin for a couple of hours before serving.

check out the link http://casaveneracion.com/cathedrals-window-a-k-a-christmas-jello/

any insights mga mommies?  ;D

wonder_wave

• View Profile
    • Customized Cakes, Cupcakes, Cookies, Cakes in a Jar
Re: Cathedral's window ala Goldilocks
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:33:38 pm »

may nakita din ako before mukhang masarap pero di ko pa natatry

http://www.hthyou.com/2008/09/cathedral-windows.html

Description:
- got this recipe from Ate Ene, who has already passed away, and I think, after her, am the only one who can give the recipe justice... and this tastes better than the one sold at Goldilock's

Ingredients:
* 1 box Alsa unflavored gelatin (red)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups Sprite

** 1 box Alsa unflavored gelatin (green)
1/4 cup sugar
3-5 pcs. Pandan leaves
2 cups water (to boil the leaves in, and about 1 1/2 cup to mold the gelatin in)

*** 1 box Alsa unflavored gelatin (orange)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice

Creamy gelatin:
4 packets of Knox unflavored gelatin
2 cans Nestle Cream (383 gms/can) or 6 Tetra Packs of Nestle Cream
1 can Condensed Milk (the 1-cup size)
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

(feel free to just use flavored gelatins, but fruit/tangy flavored ones work best with the creamy/milky gelatin; colorful gelatin fillings also look nicer)

Directions:
* Dissolve sugar and unflavored gelatin in Sprite on a pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Mold. Cut into cubes later.

** Boil the pandan leaves in water until flavor has set in. Remove leaves and add the sugar and unflavored gelatin, stirring constantly. Bring to a
boil and mold. Cube later.

*** Dissolve gelatin and sugar in pineapple juice. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Mold and cube later.

Combine Nestle Cream and Condensed Milk in a bowl. Add vanilla. Mix really well.

In a cup, pour the contents of the Knox envelopes. Add SOME boiling water, ENOUGH to dissolve the gelatin. When everything's dissolved, pour the Knox gelatin into the milk-and-cream batter. Mix well. Add in the cubed flavored gelatin. Mix again and then mold for 8 hours in the fridge.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:42:34 am by toughmom »

QueenBee

• View Profile
Re: Cathedral's window ala Goldilocks
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 06:33:23 pm »

^sis like ko yong idea ng creamy gelatin. i will do that. I don't drink softdrinks kase. My body can't tolerate it  :(