Parent Chat

• May 26, 2019, 04:55:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Smart Parenting is giving away awesome prizes twice a month! No purchase necessary. Click here to find out.

Author Topic: Ways to avoid stress and depression  (Read 5824 times)

HappyMommyAdventures

• View Profile
    • Happy Mommy Adventures
Ways to avoid stress and depression
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:23:09 pm »

I just found this part of the forum and so glad I did.
On my second trimester, I started having mood swings or bouts of depression and I get emotional at times. There'd be days/nights when I'd cry and be so scared and anxious for some reason. It was very unhealthy and I decided to do some meditation/self reflection/relaxation exercises.
Here are some thoughts I've been having on how to avoid stress/depression and I hope other moms can share theirs to. Let's help each other battle the blues.

I write to ease my mind and as a way to relax and empty my thoughts. Here's an excerpt on an article I wrote.

Current Thoughts: Ease Your Spirit
1. The world isnít made up of one way streets.

2. Give to earn/receive.

3. Donít (try to) do everything on your own.

4. Do not hesitate to seek help and admit weakness.

Read about this and more at: http://happymommyadventures.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/current-thoughts-ease-your-spirit/

Mommies, what forms of mood swings or depression did you have or are having during pregnancy and how did you cope with them?
I write about my experiences. Find out more about me and my wonderful journey through Pregnancy and Motherhood at: http://happymommyadventures.blogspot.com

deenamthew

• View Profile
Re: Ways to avoid stress and depression
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:12:36 pm »

During my pregnancy i was felt really depressed and stress as this is the common problem during and after pregnancy. Some normal changes during and after pregnancy can cause the symptoms similar to depression. to get rid of these i followed some of the tips provided by my doctor. Just need to take rest as much as you can. Sleep when the baby is sleeping, take the help of you family members, discuss the feeling with DP or family members and need to talk with other mothers so that we can learn from their experiences. I read an article about pregnancy and depression from this site. I was a informative for the pregnant woman who are feeling depressed during pregnancy.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/pregnancy-depression

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 04:49:20 pm »

Being an optimistic and active person, I never thought I would experience depression. I believe I have experienced post-partum depression after my first pregnancy after giving birth to a premie (32 weeks).  I cried a lot and I can't understand why. I remembered I asked my husband to take me out of the hospital even when he begged me to stay one more night. Our baby was still on 50-50 due to pneumothorax, but I felt suffocated within the four walls of my hospital room. So I had my Mama fetch me and went home with her leaving my husband at  the hospital.

That was 2003.  Last 2012, I had been under medication for mild depression dur to some marital conflicts (after 9 years of marriage). Hubby and I are still going strong though  ;D And just recently, I had a series of session with the same psych for stress and was given medication.

Symptoms of my depression were: palpitations, trembling of arm and leg muscles, numbness of fingers, no appetite, over-sleeping, and over-spending (spent almost P19,000 on games on I-phone!).  Downloaded games to entertain myself, and my husband has no idea what's been happening with me. I forced myself to get up and act normal when he is around.

How I got over it? PRAY! COMMIT TO GOD EVERYTHING! Spend time with trusted friends to vent out your emotions. Think positive. Count your blessings, even the simplest ones ~ from waking up to breathing, to spending time with kids, to having a job, and so on...
mariann[move]

nathanie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 09:57:43 am »

Hello mga mommies, naka tulong sa akin to cope up with this postpartum depression, nag take ako ng Essentials and BiOmega, a friend of mine recommend niya sa akin then a week's time of taking this nag ok ang mood ko di na masyadong umiyak at happy na rin si husband kasi sa kanya ko laging napagbuntungan kapag naiinis ako at wala sa mood, kaya Natuwa siya when I took up that nutritional supplements bigla daw nag iba na yung aura ko... :)

One thing more, I always pray that God will help me to cope up with this situation that I am going through and reading the Bible and some inspirational books, it really helps .... Always think positive behind any situations :)

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 05:38:17 pm »

These listed gift items can help cheer up and help new moms after giving birth.

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/pregnancy/breastfeeding/post-partum-swag-for-moms-a1668-20171029-lfrm
Authored SP articles
Login or Register via PC or mobile to join this discussion!

Lovely Jessa Montilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 08:08:43 pm »

hi mommies. newbie here. ako din nagka postpartum, pero ang ginawa ko para mabawasan o maiwasan music and food lang at gang maari magawa ko padin mga gusto ko. nkakagala chichat sa friends open sa family at sympre pray lagi talaga araw araw. kaya ngayon okay na ko medyo nabawasan ang sumpong ko. :)