Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Accidentally gave Tap Water to my 1 year and 9mos old son help!  (Read 2379 times)

kikayk8

• View Profile
Accidentally gave Tap Water to my 1 year and 9mos old son help!
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:16:39 am »

Hi Mommies,
I had the unfortunate event of accidentally mixing tap water (not boiled) with my son's formula. Yaya usually prepares pre-measured bottles containing mineral water (Absolut), I thought that the bottle I got was one of her pre-prepared batches. Yun pala she just rinsed it the night before para hindi mag build up yung milk and was planning to sterilize the following morning. Due to my lack of presence of mind, i did not bother to check and I was in a hurry to get the bottles.
So anyway, i mixed it with formula (i think it was 8-10oz of tap water) last night. I only realized this morning when yaya went looking for the bottles she has yet to clean.
I just wanted to ask if any of you had experienced this and if your child came out alright or were they diagnosed with amoebiasis or any water-related infection? =( Is there any chance that he might just flush this water from his body (wiwi, sweat poop) and not be affected by it?
Please help! I feel so worried and guilty (how can I not have double-checked?!)

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: Accidentally gave Tap Water to my 1 year and 9mos old son help!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:13:07 am »

I would worry much kung may amoebiasis scare sa barangay namin and if my baby would show not-good signs like LBM or pagsusuka. Also if I know na talagang madumi ang tap namin, premature o mahina ang resistance ng baby ko, magpapanic ako. Kung wala naman pong alarming indications, forgive yourself and promise not to do it again. ;)
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

kikayk8

• View Profile
Re: Accidentally gave Tap Water to my 1 year and 9mos old son help!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 05:56:52 pm »

Thanks for that Mommyjazz! =) It was really helpful and helped me calm my nerves down and forgive myself a bit :P)
So far, no amoebiasis scare naman in the neighborhood. And it seemed like he's okay. No lbm, vomiting or fever naman (Thank you Lord!). We're still vigilant and I told yaya to be in the lookout for those 3 signs. He pooped the following day and the consistency was that of a cookie dough, not runny or watery at all.
I hope everything will go well.
Thanks so much for replying, and yes, next time I will triple-check the contents of his bottles  :)
God bless!