Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Answer the Smart Parenting 2020 Reader Survey for a chance to win exciting prizes like overnight stay at Pico de Loro, car seats from Baby Company, Gymboree membership and more. Click this link to answer the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SPReadersSurvey2020PCF

Author Topic: Baby is becoming indifferent to having a dad..  (Read 3317 times)

sweet&spice

• View Profile
Baby is becoming indifferent to having a dad..
« on: September 12, 2012, 12:21:30 pm »

Just last night, I was asking baby, if he still wants to have a dad. My friend advised me kasi to visualize the picture of a complete family for me and baby, para I attract what I want. Just when I was contemplating on it, I asked baby.

me:     baby, do you still want a dad?
baby:  no
me:     ha? no? are you sure? why?
baby:   i have a father na, daddylo. i don't want a dad. i want a kuya. i want a big kuya.
me:     why do you want a kuya?
baby:   so, he stays with us, takes care of us. it's just like a dad.

Now, I am confused. I'm not sure if he really has coped on the idea that he doesn't have a dad, or that maybe he is just in denial. Now, all my male friends of my age range, he wants to convert into "kuyas", not "titos" ha --- kuya, so his "sibling" could stay with us at home.

Have you guys encountered this? Sabi ko na nga ba, dapat Psychology na lang ang under-grad course ko eh..
When happiness is at the horizon, seize it, call out to it. Claim and decide that it's yours!

ahyzeyuh

• im a good person,just keep on making bad decisions
    • View Profile
Re: Baby is becoming indifferent to having a dad..
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:50:25 pm »

ako sis ilang beses ko na din natanong si iah if she wants a new dad

the 1st time i asked she said yes, kasi gusto niya ng kapatid

2nd ,3rd and so forth same pa din answer niya.

on my end, i tried to imagine having a new jowa, untill the time na magsasama kami, then having a new baby.
the responsibility of being the wife and a mother.

then i realized parang ang hirap.. feeling ko maleleft out si iah. it might worked out but it would require a very understanding, responsible and loving partner

sweet&spice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 11:05:47 am »

actually, if the new dad is not like 'kiko pangilinan' with kc concepcion and sharon cuneta, i don't plan to have another baby after my son now. as with your fears, i have thoughts na baka the treatment will be different as regards him and the full-blood child of the new dad.

ewan ko ba dito kay baby, parang he really adjusts to what is present. i just don't want him to carry the burden by himself and not disclose to me. it would be too much for a child to handle and i want him to be as grounded and as happy as he could be, without baggages.

When happiness is at the horizon, seize it, call out to it. Claim and decide that it's yours!

gripfast

• I am my son's happy ever after...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 05:25:17 pm »

Ito din ang greatest fear ko when it comes to my son. the father of my son and I recently broke up and he now has a new gf.

parang ayaw ko ma left out ang baby ko if ever magka jowa ulit ako. It's hard kasi baka maging iba ang treatment nung bf ko sa baby ko. so now, nire-ready ko na sarili ko na di makahanap ng husband. If it will affect my son, siguro hindi na lang.

This is also the reason why di ko pinapakita yung son ko sa dad niya. Aside from being an irresponsible father, wala akong tiwala sa kanya. Baka kurot kurutin lang nung bagong gf yung son ko. baka mapatay ko pa silang dalawa.

sweet&spice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 05:32:12 pm »

^i understand. there is no single mom who has not fought for the rights of their kids from their fathers, or their families. grabe ang devotion ng isang single mom to their kids, and our fears much more magnified. it's like being a widow, plus the baggage of abandonment and public shame.  ???

i know baby's still on the lookout for a man that would make me happy, in turn be his new dad. everytime i introduce him to a new male friend, there is a desire for him to be mas behaved. it's like he's buying the guy's acceptance by being kind...ayoko naman nun, he's always guarding his real self.