Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: fried chicken recipe  (Read 39368 times)

Jennifer Arenajo

• View Profile
    • Two Tiny Feet
Re: fried chicken recipe
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 11:30:52 am »

May 1 pa akong problem. How can I make the core of the fried chicken cooked just right (no blood) without burning the outer skin or breading?

Mommy jazz, ako naman ang ginagawa ko especially if galing sa freezer, pinakukuluan ko muna (para no blood ever) with chicken cubes (para malasa ang loob) then drain or towel dry first before dipping and adding the breading...pls take note mommy na better to dip and add the breading kung malamig na ang chicken kasi if mainit pa as in ka-aahon lang galing kulo hindi didikit ang breading...

sa pinagkuluan, you can make gravy out of it  ;) para walang sayang  :D
:) ;)  my babies

ilovegabe

• A Nurse, A Mommy and A
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 11:37:06 am »

^ a friend shared the same secret. Boil the chicken muna not with chicken cubes (for the health conscious) but with lots of spices, enough salt and then dry din muna before breading. Her fried chicken is really wicked, ang sarap.  :)
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
-Proverbs 22:6

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 05:14:46 pm »

If I boil chicken wings for chicken lollipops para siguradong walang blood, shall I boil it before or after shaping it to drumsticks?
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

Rae

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:32 pm »

^Sis, boil it after shaping it into drumsticks. Mas madaling i-shape kase pag raw kesa cooked na eh diba.  :)
BEAUCHE Kit Reseller. Comparable to OBAGI products but really dirt cheap! I can do meet-ups at Eastwood, Libis, Ortigas, Marikina area. Just PM me.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 07:22:41 pm »

Pano naman po KFC style? Does it need to be cooked in pressure cooker? Pa share ng rin ng KFC style gravy :)
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

mummienina

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 10:49:01 pm »

just want to share... for juicy fried chicken on the inside and crispy on the outside... marinate the chicken pieces in yoghurt with all the spices (salt+pepper+herbs+garlic if you like) then coat with breading. i also add same spices added to yoghurt to the breading.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 12:07:54 pm »

I tried a tamarind chicken at market-market. Fried chicken siya na maasim ang lasa. I liked it. Anyone knows how it's done?

mummienina

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 03:12:34 pm »

Mommyjazz, meron un tamarind juice sa coating niya or marinade. Does it have breading ba or naked fried chix?

ravenwillis27

• Being a mom isn't easy.If it was,dads would do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »

[quote
May 1 pa akong problem. How can I make the core of the fried chicken cooked just right (no blood) without burning the outer skin or breading?
[/quote]

sis problem ko din to dati. pag nag fry ako ng chicken super crispy yung skin and yummy din pero yung sa loob bloody :-\. my hubby taught me a trick lalo na for busy moms like us. I deep fry the chicken then when you get the desired color and crispiness of the skin, take it out. put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. perfectly cooked chicken!  ;)

mummienina

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 05:09:19 pm »

[quote

sis problem ko din to dati. pag nag fry ako ng chicken super crispy yung skin and yummy din pero yung sa loob bloody :-\. my hubby taught me a trick lalo na for busy moms like us. I deep fry the chicken then when you get the desired color and crispiness of the skin, take it out. put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. perfectly cooked chicken!  ;)
[/quote]

nasa temperature ng oil un mga mommies. dapat hindi masyadong mainit kasi mabilis lang magbrown pag sobrang init ng oil tapos hilaw pa sa loob. what i usually do is i put the stove on high to bring temp of oil up. then pag nakita ko na me konting bubbles na.. yung start palang mag-init, binababa ko na yung stove to medium. then start frying. mas matgal magbrown yung labas pero perfectly cooked inside.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 07:39:56 pm »

Does it have breading ba or naked fried chix?
No breading po. Where can I get that marinade kaya? Pwede po ba yung sinigang mix?
I deep fry the chicken then when you get the desired color and crispiness of the skin, take it out. put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. perfectly cooked chicken!  ;)
Galing! I'll do that. Thanks!
what i usually do is i put the stove on high to bring temp of oil up. then pag nakita ko na me konting bubbles na.. yung start palang mag-init, binababa ko na yung stove to medium. then start frying.
Will try this too and see what works best.

Follow up po sa Q ko, how to make KFC style fried chix?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:20:03 am by Mommyjazz »

mummienina

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 09:33:02 pm »

No breading po. Where can I get that marinade kaya? Pwede po ba yung sinigang mix?

hmm.. i'm here in brunei and meron available na prepared tamarind juice na. ginagamit kasi to sa malaysian cooking. i don't know if the sinigang mix will work, though. baka merong tamarind concentrate sa supermarket?

here's a recipe for sweet and sour tamarind chicken i found online. maybe you can derive the marinade from this recipe.

Ingredients
chicken pieces
Tamarind paste –2/3 teaspoon
Tomato Puree – 1 tablespoon
Red chilly powder – ½ teaspoon
All purpose flour –1/2 cup
Sugar –1 teaspoon
Salt- 1½ teaspoons
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
Water
Spring onion
Fresh coriander leaves

For the Sauce:
Tamarind paste –2 teaspoon
Soy sauce – 2 teaspoon
Water – 1 cup
Sugar –2 teaspoon
Salt ½ teaspoon
Roasted sesame seeds- 2 teaspoon
Red chilly powder – ½ teaspoon

Preparation
First of all make the sauce by mixing the tamarind paste, sugar, salt and chilly powder in water and bring it to a boil.
Keep the sauce aside and work on the batter now.
First of all mix the flour with the tomato puree, tamarind paste, red chilly powder, sugar and salt.
Mix the ingredients until you get a smooth batter and add water only if required.
Now heat the oil in a deep frying pan for about 2 minutes.
Now dip the chicken in the batter briefly and immediately deep fry.
Transfer the chicken on a dish covered with tissues to soak the excess oil.
Now, place the chicken on the serving dish, pour the tangy sauce over the nuggets and garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander.

cookiemom

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 09:54:14 pm »

I've tried  using sinigang mix nung nagturbo ng chicken. don't know if it will work din if you'll fry it..

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 09:38:58 am »

@cookiemom, pano po recipe/prodcedure pag turbo tamarind chicken?
@yummie mummie, which website niyo po nakuha yung recipe? Is there a photo para I would know kung tama pagkakagawa ko? I love spicy foods but maybe I'll omit it so the kids can enjoy it too.

mummienina

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 02:50:31 pm »

walang pic e. ii tried searching again but can't find the site na. but here's another variation na mas simple, no pic pa rin http://www.shiokfood.com/notes/archives/000024.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4