Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ingredients in your personal care products  (Read 3561 times)

Morefun

• View Profile
Ingredients in your personal care products
« on: November 03, 2012, 12:07:38 pm »

Hello mga mommies!

Are you fully aware of what's inside your make up?  Your body wash?  Your lotions? 

Do you know how to read the labels in your favorite products?  According to the Environmental Working Group, we should avoid:

Words ending in "paraben"
DMDM hydantoin
Imidazolidinyl urea
Methylchloroisothiazolinone
Methylisothiazolinone
Triclosan
Triclocarban
Triethanolamine (or "TEA")

Check the beginning of the ingredients lists, where soaps, surfactants, and lubricants show up. Try to avoid ingredients that start with "PEG" or have an "-eth" in the middle (e.g., sodium laureth sulfate).

Read the ingredients in the middle. Look for these words: "FRAGRANCE," "FD&C," or "D&C."

For more info check out their website:  http://www.ewg.org/healthyhometips/ingredientsinpersonalcareproducts

The above chemicals are very harmful to us and to our babies.  Some are linked to cause cancer, obesity, impaired thinking and so much more!!!  Yikes!!!  Kaya mga mommies, be aware  8)

tinsantos10

• View Profile
Re: Ingredients in your personal care products
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:29:39 pm »

Maraming beauty products ang may paraben and sadly, yun yung mga ginagamit ko before :( Some brands na may paraben: Neutrogena, Nivea, Dove, Marks & Spencer, J&J, and Ponds ata.

I switched to Usana products instead (para sa facial care) kasi walang harmful chemicals and maganda yung effect sa skin. For body care naman, I am using Aveeno lotion and for the deodorant, I use Milcu :)