Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reading and Writing at 2 years old?  (Read 13644 times)

ilove323

• View Profile
Re: Reading and Writing at 2 years old?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 01:37:22 pm »

I agree with most of the mothers here... dont compare and be paranoid..know your child's capabilities.  Also tama si Mommy France values should be the first thing your kids learn and everything else we pray should fall into the right places....

I actually have the original dvd of Your Baby Can Read it was given to me by my mother in law from the U.S....unfortunately my baby is not interested in watching long hours of TV. So most of the dvd learning materials are just sitting pretty on our entertainment section but what I discovered is even though she doesnt like to watch tv that much she learns better when it is through songs and interaction.  So we had to find ways on how to entertain her minus the tv. We have to sit with her, sing with her and listen with her.  Shes 2 years old can sing the full soundtrack of Mama Mia and of course nursery and sunday school songs, can hold the pen correctly and make scribbles, talks smoothly and carries conversation, can make complex sentences using the correct terms past tense and future tense and asks questions through how, what, when, and where...the reading part Im sure we will get there at this stage Im just glad that part of her milestone is knowing how to interact and communicate without being intimidated. 

In short kanya kanyang strengths lang yan and work on it...there are challenges but learn how to work around it.. most of all dont compare... I for one cant...ang slow ko sa math pero asawa ko ang galing but we both have great careers so ok lang...your kids will be ok as long as you appreciate them for the little things they do... :D

mommy.anne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 11:35:00 am »

nakakatuwa yung mga comments. i so agree na wag talaga e compare yung baby natin sa baby ng iba... although it would be good to refer to research-based developmental charactersitics as to what our child should show at a certain age.

ABout reading naman, i read in an article about the importance of reading to your child everyday/ everynight before going to sleep. Aside from a fun bonding experience, this is their way of loving learning. Kahit baby pa, pwede na mag read together... I apply this with my daughter and nakakatuwa, hindi pa niya nababasa yung exact words talaga pero dahil pa ulit-ulit namin ni read together, na memorize na niya yung lines. hehe....

i recommend The Very hungry caterpillar and No  David! na book :) absolute faves!!!

Angeldust

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 11:59:21 am »

I super agree mga mommies! every child is unique... may first child was not able to recognize letters until he starts schooling at 4yrs old, saka lang sya natuto/recognize ng letters and numbers then eventually write his name. Nung una naparanoid din ako kase meron syang mga ka-age or mas bata pa na nauna pa sa kanya ng letters recognition pero nung natuto niya sya e naisip ko di talaga pinupwersa ang mga bagets stage by stage talaga ang learning meron lang talaga nauuna.  ;D Ngayong K2 na sya he is learning how to read naman.  ;D

proudofELA

• View Profile
    • Friendly Lions Online Shop
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 11:43:53 am »

Hi!
Agree with the comments here, mahirap talaga madaliin ang babies. They have their own pace in learning eh. Ako what I do is, since my 4-yr old daughter has been going to school since she was  2, inaabangan ko lang ano yung lessons nila in school. Kung ano yung lesson nila, yun yung aaralin namin at home. That way kasi sure ako na magiging receptive si baby for that kind of lesson. Isa pa, I don't want her to be too advanced because she might get bored in school  :D

ur_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 08:43:35 pm »

Hi ako I did a home learning program parang barney may audio may video meron pang parang Ipad pero the difference is guided, hindi tulad ni barney buy then salpak eto guided siya like which isthe first CD to use and how to use it para ma maximize mo yung learning ng kid, Mine is just 10 months pero ang galing na niya. Since visual siya I just follow the program and mukha naman his catching up.  Love this home learning program not only natuto siya closer kami ngayon kasi bonding time din namin yun :)
Pages: 1 [2]