Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 2nd Son, also with ASD  (Read 23245 times)

• View Profile
Re: 2nd Son, also with ASD
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 11:00:18 pm »

@MissPychi

sorry to hear hat sis :( sabi mo sis nagbabase ka din sa pagbabasa mo on-line may nabasa kaba na once na madiagnose na mild-asd pwede din mawala or once it is there andun na yun?.......sis i've heard naman pagka repeating of phrases na out of the blue its called delayed echolalia" .....lapit na ba punta mo sa doctor? but is your son attending a regular school? maybe you could ask his teacher ano tingin nila..
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:47:43 am by Mommyjazz »

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 12:57:13 pm »

@riddermark
...my son is in a regular school... and I'm not sure if it's helping him or not.  the last feedback we had from the teacher is, it's too early to say, if he can or cannot catch with with the lessons... kasi nga dahil dun sa k-12. lahat nag aadjust, pati teachers.  so more or less, the kinder teachers are now teaching supposed to be nursery kids pa... eh mostly makukulit at malilikot.  he can sit still, sabi nila much improved than when he was in nursery, plus mas madaldal na siya...  :-\
... paano i-handle? if ako, I'll have him transferred nalang sa mga montissori school (tama ba spelling ko???), better nalang yung approach base sa capability ng learning ng kid kesa pilitin ang hindi pa naman kaya as of now... kaya ako, I am ready to transfer my son to JASMS sa 2nd sem, if hindi na niya ma-cope up ang regular school... I just hope JASMS will accept him.

@darna88
...to answer your question if pwedeng mawala ang mild asd, ang alam ko, basta asd ka, asd ka na, lifetime... may mga cases na nagkamali lang ang diagnosis ang doctor kaya they say nawawla pag laki.  there will always be actions, etc which will show that he is different from the other regular kids.
...well, it seems may delayed echolalia nga si bunso, replacing the "immediate" echolalia?  :-\ waah....!
...doctor's appointment is near end of the month, but I still need to re-confirm pa, paminsan kasi namo-move depende sa last minute activities ni doc...

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 12:47:54 pm »

...done with bunso's check up last Aug 24.

Results came back the same... mild ASD. 

But he has improved a lot daw from his last check up.  Sobrang talkative naman siya this time.

Main concern is on comprehension,  Need to work on that.

Also mentioned at she prefers him to be in a classroom of 10-15 kids only.... but his school has around 25-30 kids per room. But then again, doc says if the school says they can handle him, then she's ok with it.  next check up is on March 2014.

...next step, meet with his school teachers and get feedback... schedule is this Friday, report card giving day...

haaayy. buhay... *disappointed*  :(

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »

...went to the school and got his report card.

Surprisingly, he got good grades.  The lowest grade he got was for his writing, which is at 76.  This is something we have been working on since we stared with his ABA.  So this is still acceptable.

Feedback from his teacher were also surprising.  Other than his limited interest (or lack of interest?) in doing workbook activities, overall he is in-line with his other classmates.  His average score did not put him in the last ranking in the class standing either.

...next step, I put him under the school "tutor" to further assist in his academics.  Hindi kasi siya nakikinig sa akin kapag ako ang nagtuturo... dina-divert ang lessons namin sa ibang topic!

Let's see how this goes....

awesomeMom22

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 08:42:01 pm »

Hi sis, ano po sa tingin mo reason why both son mo may ASD?
and hindi po ba agad nakita sa newborn screening nila yung problem na un..?

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 04:13:26 pm »

Hi awesomeMom22,

...sabi nila, when you already have 1 child with ASD, chance of having another is at a greater risk....
...newborn screening cannot determine if a child has autism, hind naman yang nakikita sa dugo or sa abnormality ng dugo...

oh well, I still love him very much, no matter what!  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 10:05:25 pm »

sorry to hear sis :(...di ba un sa 2nd child mo sis its mild asd and her elder borther as in asd? ano napansin mo na big difference nila sis?.................... dun sa anak mo na may mild sis ...1st diagnose ba sa kanya mild kaagad?

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 12:40:22 pm »

Hi darna88,

Si kuya has mild ASD rin.  But bunso's condition is milder pa compared kay kuya.  This is based on my observation ha.  And I think their dev ped would also agree.

Si kuya kasi ang first sign nakita namin is hindi siya lumilingon kapaga tinatawag mo siya sa name niya, plus he spins wheels of toy cars.  Si bunso, walang ganun, nauutusan mo pa nga, but he has tantrums and delay ang speech niya, then medyo echolalic.

Si kuya, 1st diagnosis is mild ASD na.  Si bunso, 1st and 2nd ay may delay lang (sa ibang dev ped) But since hindi ako convince na may delay lang siya dinala ko siya sa dev ped ni kuya, 1st diagnosis sa kanya mild ASD na.

But bunso is very lovable and he socializes naman.  Hindi tulad ni kuya na mahiyain.

...sabi nga ng husband ko when he found out, "...the buck stops here..." wala ng mag dadala ng surname niya to the next generation....  :(

MyAdie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 01:00:51 pm »

Hi MissPychi,

Does your husband mean your boys will not get married and have kids of their own? I'm sure your kids will be both capable of raising their families in the future :o)

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »

Hi MyAdie,

Yes, that's what he means.  I also feels the same way, specially for kuya...

But for bunso, we're still keeping our fingers crossed, kasi mabilis naman siyang matuto lalo na nung nag start na kami ng mga therapies niya... and he is more "in-tune" sa amin and sa surroundings niya compared kay kuya...

Kawawa nga si unica hija (middle child), she will have to take over our responsibilities someday.  Hope she will be strong enough to take it... :'(

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »

@MissPychi

sis bale kay bunso echolalic and speech delay lang ang issue tapos mild asd na? :(  ....pero nakakapag present naman sya sayo si bunso ng toys to share enjoyment?.. yun kasi ang tanong sa assessment madalas di ba? tinanung din ba sayo yun?...and he plays appropriately naman sa toys di ba ..........does he points out the things he is interested with?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:46:50 am by Mommyjazz »

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 08:33:24 am »

^

- He does bring things to show you, but (not that I'm being pessimistic) in my observation, he sees kasi what his sister does (show and tell) and tries to imitate her... but in the long run, he "learns" to do it on his own.  Hindi na tinanong ng dev ped niya regarding dito

- For playing with toys, sabi ng yaya niya before, he used to play with wheels of toy cars, but again, the frequency of this action is not too alarming, tulad ng kay kuya.  Kaya mga 1-2x ko lang napansin.  It seems to have stopped kasi hindi ko na nakikita.  Parang dumaan lang siya sa phase na yun.

- He also points, or rather, he "learned" to point.  Kasi nga he usally "imitates" what his sister does.

Most of the time, if you ask him something, and he is not concentrating on your question, iniiba niya ang topic or answer, but if you ask him to focus, more or less, nakasagot naman siya ng maayos. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:47:03 am by Mommyjazz »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 10:01:17 am »

Hello peeps! I modified many posts on this thread and would like to explain about QUOTING the simplest I can.

-When you quote, specially the entire message, nauulit yung dati nang naka post, nagiging redundant basahin at humahaba yung thread with unnecessary posts.
-kung kasunod lang naman po ng post ninyo yung message na nire-reply-an ninyo, just click reply instead of quote and place a caret (^) meaning, you are pertaining to the post above yours kasi parang arrow yung caret
-If you are replying to a post na hindi kasunod ng magiging reply niyo pero nasa parehong page lang, please mention the name of the member you are replying to by typing "@name_of_SPmom". The at sign (@) means "attention".
-If you really need to quote (the quote function wouldn't be there without a purpose), then please quote only the specific sentence contained on the message you want to react to. This means you have to edit out the rest of the original message before you type your reply and post.

Please continue your discussion here and in any topic bearing this in mind. We would like to keep this site as reader friendly as possible para po yung messages ninyo will be more effective and easily understood by all viewers. Thank you for all your contributions and we look forward to reading more parenting valuable exchanges from all of you.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:04:46 am by Mommyjazz »
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 05:56:47 pm »

Misspsychi pano yun sinasabi mo na tantrums?.....so kung echolalic and speech delay may consideration na pala as mild autism?..........sis sa pm ko sau dito kona sasagutin...baka kc hndi na phase" yun echolalic ng anak ko kasi 3 years old na sya ,,, :-\   may certain age kaasi na dapat wala na sya

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 10:45:29 am »

Hi darna88,

Tantrums? e.g. shouting or screeming, jumping up and down (lumilndol tuloy ang bahay... we live at the 3rd floor)

Reasons for Tantrums? e.g. hindi nasunod ang gusto, masama ang gising, sometimes naman kapag may routine na na-disrupt? (tulad ng lumipat ng lugar or pwesto ang sister niya nung kumakain sila - sabay kasi sila laging kumakain, nagagagalit na si bunso... )

But...- takot siya sa papa niya.  everytime na nasisita siya, tatahimik naman at tutulo nalang luha - mukha tuloy siyang kawawa.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4