Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Answer the Smart Parenting 2020 Reader Survey for a chance to win exciting prizes like overnight stay at Pico de Loro, car seats from Baby Company, Gymboree membership and more. Click this link to answer the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SPReadersSurvey2020PCF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: i feel embarassed to keep in touch with my high school classmates...  (Read 11705 times)

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
Re: i feel embarassed to keep in touch with my high school classmates...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 11:59:01 am »

Dear Mommyjazz

You are one of the most beautiful person I have ever met...and I'm referring to all aspects about you as a person.  If I had pursued a career in music, visual arts or photography, I would write songs about you, paint your portrait or ask you to complete each photograph I will take...with you on the foreground of  each breath-taking view of landscapes or cloud formations.  I'll pray that everyone close to you...your family, friends...would be more expressive in letting you know how truly beautiful you are.  Kaya, smile some more...get to know more about the truth and learn more on spotting deception in this world.

I recently learned about the App Camera 360.  When one takes pictures using this App.  It can automatically make  pictures more beautiful...with the subject having flawless, light and smooth skin. 

"With over 180,000,000 users globally, Camera360 has become the most popular mobile camera app in the world. "
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vStudio.Android.Camera360

It's Magic Skin feature is like instant Photoediting.  You may want to try it and see yourself in a whole new light.

Oh, and about us parents, our kid(s), social media and that selfie thingy...try watching the segment "Ikaw at Ang Ina" on "Bubble Gang" at GMA ch. 7 every Friday, late evening.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/entertainment/shows/bubblegang/videos/2013-11-08/26374/Bubble-Gang-Ikaw-at-ang-Ina

Bubble Gang | Ikaw at ang Ina - Selfie
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOH13jg6jHg/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:23:07 pm by J0 »

anerba :)

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »

Hi Sis,

I'm also SAHM. I'm Proud to be! hehe!

Tao ka lang kaya normal lang yan nararamdaman mo pero pls. don't feel bad.

I admit sometimes I felt that way but I shrugged off. Minsan nga di na lang ako nagfafacebook o di ko chinecheck FB account nila.  Minsan din lumiliit ang tingin ko sa sarili ko pero alam mo napapawi lahat yun sa tuwing nagsasabi asawa ko kung gaano kahalaga ang role ko. Hindi lahat ng babae kaya o matyaga maging SAHM.

Kanyang kanya buhay lang kase yan basta ang mahalaga ang pamilya natin lalo mga anak natin.  Mahalaga na maipakita at maparamdam natin sa kanila ang care at  love natin.

Cheer up sis :)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:02:55 pm by anerba :) »
I'm simple and loving Mom

annamariemomof3

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 08:21:41 am »

If I had pursued a career in music, visual arts or photography, I would write songs about you, paint your portrait or ask you to complete each photograph I will take...with you on the foreground of  each breath-taking view of landscapes or cloud formations.

@JO

that is the most eloquent and nicest thing I have ever heard  one person say to another human being especially a woman. kudos to you for that.

@Mommyjazz

http://youtu.be/litXW91UauE

this commercial of dove really touched my heart. sometimes I am too harsh on myself that I fail to see the beauty that other see in me. I may no longer be as young, as beautiful, as skinny as before but I know that I am a better person because of my husband and kids. after all true beauty radiates from within. we are no longer as beautiful or as glamorous because we choose not to spend hundreds of thousands of pesos on makeup, shoes and clothes. we are no longer as self absorbed as we were before we realized that the future of our kids and our world lies in our hands. nowadays I would gladly choose Jollibee over a five star restaurant (most of the time ;))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:00:22 am by annamariemomof3 »

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 05:52:32 pm »

Hi annamariemomof3

Thank you for the compliment.  I believe it is in all of us...the ability to see true beauty...not only with our eyes but also with our hearts.  The sad thing these days is that our "eyesight" has constantly been narrowed down by popular culture.  I have "seen" Mommy Jazz and I hope more would also come to realize what they are looking at and tell her what they see.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 09:19:17 pm »

Only today I got to view Daddy Jojo's links of Bubble Gang clips. I never got the chance to watch this show anymore. I thought it's all toilet humor and sexy stars with dirty jokes but this Michael V segment changed my POV on the show. Sunod-sunod kong pinanuod sa youtube and will even show it to my daughter pag may time ;)
I'll never forget his dialogues on the selfie scenes all ended by saying "Luv u!" to her (character's) daughter:
"hindi mo alam ang pagkakaiba ng nakakatuwa sa nakakainis"
"walang may pakialam sa problema mo dahil may mga sariling problema din sila"
"OOTD, wala kang sponsor"
"Like ka ng like, para magmukhang concern kahit walang ginagawang effort."

I am sooo, sooo, touched by the Dove video linked by annamariemomof3. They are right, we can be too harsh on ourselves. I think all brand advertisement should have this kind of mission, to uplift mankind and not to set an unrealistic standard for us to achieve just so they can sell.

Hey Daddy Jojo, hindi pa naman tayo nagkikita, baka po hindi ako yung nakita ninyo ;)

Our reunion went well. I was OK but if we all had these discussion before, it could have given me more confidence. Now I can't wait for another reunion knowing that habitual selfie without a mission isn't pretty and I shouldn't feel ugly just because they have more pictures on their FB.
Pages: 1 [2]