Parent Chat

• December 14, 2018, 11:45:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Which Kind of Pinay Mom Are You? Take this quiz and find out!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: about sharing, donating and buying breastmilk  (Read 42082 times)

celine

• View Profile
about sharing, donating and buying breastmilk
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:38:32 pm »

is there a place where i can buy breastmilk? :(

Mod's note:
Is Donated Breast Milk Safer From a Milk Bank or a Breastfeeding Mom?

Read about it on Smart Parenting. Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/pregnancy/breastfeeding/is-it-safe-to-get-donated-breast-milk-from-a-milk-bank-or-from-fellow-moms-a00041-20180514?ref=parentchat

Post a question about this topic or share your experience.
Login or register to join this and other discussions! By posting and replying in this forum, you get preference (via email) to exclusive invitations and freebies from Smart Parenting and partner establishments. Members get a downloadable freebie upon registration or membership update. Join this and other topic discussions now! Know your perks!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:32:51 pm by Mommy Jazz »

cheiz

Re: about sharing, donating and buying breastmilk
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 01:57:18 pm »

Few days ago may segment sa news ng saksi regarding breastmilk bank sa Fabella. I'm just not sure if its for sale. :)

gailey

• View Profile
    • Nappy Tales
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 04:50:52 pm »

hi, i will try to ask around.
where do you live po? if I have extra pumped milk i would be glad to give it to you.
nappytales.blogspot.com

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 12:09:35 pm »

Yes, there's breastmilk bank at Fabella. Don't know if it's for sale or free. Our Pedia is connected with them and I'm thinking of donating. Kaya lang tamad akong pumunta at mag pump.
Authored SP articles
Login or Register via PC or mobile to join this discussion!

mia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 11:35:40 am »

Hi!

If you are interested, I can give you some.   Pls. email me privately at i_m_mia@yahoo.com.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 09:03:18 am »

I'm donating breastmilk to a friend. Her baby has complications kasi and stayed in the hospital for weeks making  her supply low. Right now hindi pa pwedeng mag formula bec the baby's premature. Sometimes I can't pump extra milk kasi my baby gets sick too with cold or cough and sometimes I'm busy. With this, she has to buy supply from Fabella (P200/oz) or Nat'l Childrens Hosp (P150/0z). She's currently visited weekly by breastfeeding advocates (P500/visit) who trains her how to lactate. Malaki na rina ang expenses nila sa pagpapaospital pa lang so I'm asking for your help.
Please get in touch with her at 09178650949. Her name is Lani.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:33:49 pm by Mommy Jazz »
Authored SP articles

cutebaby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:13:19 pm »

moms, paano yon may mga processes din ba yon like donating blood? ini-screen din ba yong breastmilk bago nilalagay or binibigay sa ibang baby?

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 05:28:24 pm »

I watched the news covering the inaguration of milk bank in Fabella. The milk goes thru pasteurization.
Authored SP articles

momsielala

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 10:13:32 am »

Hi mommy jazz,

Thank u very much for helping Lani.

I am also in search for other momsies who can donate to her

Hi Momsies,

Lani needs breastmilk badly. Hope other moms can help her too. Her baby needs to gain weight in other for him to have another operation.

You may reach Lani also at 09099822873.

Hope we can help her and her baby...

God Bless....

Lala

HOTMOM777

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 01:38:06 am »

Grabe ang milk supply ko, to the point one pumping of the breast 4oz agad ang napupuno ko.  the problem though is that my baby Harmony doesn't want to drink my milk from the bottle.  so sometimes when i have an errand which would require me to be gone for 3hours or so, i thought it's enough for her to be hungry enough to drink my milk from the bottles...to my horror hindi den pala!  there was one saturday that i have to leave her sa yaya after feeding her & i was gone for almost 3hours.  when i got home sabi ni yaya "ate, ayaw talaga niya inumin.  naka ilang palit na ko ng tsupon wala talaga, natulog na lang sya simula ng umalis ka" :o

naawa naman ako sa baby ko.  when she heard my voice that time, umiyak na, di pa man ako nakakahiga ng maayos naka-latch na sya at grabe ang gulps niya. :-X

now i have several bottles of milk sa freezer, naisip ko baka pwedeng ibigay sa iba na may need talaga. if you are on my shoes would you do it? on the other hand, would you allow your baby to drink someone else's milk? just a thought thou, kesa naman nasasayang yung mga extracted milk ko  :-\
People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine not when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in.  Their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within - ELISABETH KUBLER - ROSS

keih liwanag

• ANNE KEIR.. the HAPPINESS beyond our HAPPINESS!
    • View Profile
    • my multiply
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 10:00:06 am »

sis hotmom..yes i will share if i am too blessed with milk. and yes i will ask for others' milk if i cannot provide it to my baby.

i did it last year. sabay kami ni sis in law nagpreggy. it was her 3rd time, my first time. so i knew she would have lots of milk. na opposite naman ako. pinapadalhan niya ko ng milk nun for anne keir. kase gusto ko din makarami ng breastmilk si AK.

yung cousin ko naman, sobrang dami din ng milk at her time (dalaga pako nun), as in daming neighbors nila ang pumupunta sa house nila to get milk. para syang social worker. and she said sarap daw ng feeling dami nyang nabibigyan ng milk.
Being a mom is deciding forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

ida

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 06:08:35 pm »

Wow! ngayon ko lang narinig to. pwede pala i-share ang breastmilk? ako hanggang first month lang ako nakapag bf sa two girls ko, kasi napaka-konti as in, ayaw nga ng mga babies ko kasi nabibitin sila.

AKA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 11:47:23 am »

Hi Mommies out there.

Need to donate my breastmilk.

PM me if you know someone who needs breastmilk.

Thanks.

CIB

• Life ain't Life Without Danreb and Lila...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 01:11:39 pm »

Di ba sa mga Hospital? Tapos may process chu-chu pa sila para tumagal yung donated na breastmilk. Pero di ko alam yung details talaga.

But I remember sa UAE. An organization there support this concern. All you have to do is call their hotline then they will gonna go to your house and deliver yung paglalagyan mo ng breastmilk. Para syang pack ng swero. Then at the end of the day they will collect it. Or 2 or 3 days yata basta i-freeze mo yung milk mo. Di ko kasi matandaan na yung details talaga. Then they ship the milk sa Africa. Touch ako nung nabasa ko tong article na to. Because a lot of babies their namamatay na yung mga mothers pagkapanganak sa kanila. And we all know naman kung ano nangyayari dun dahil sa war and tag-gutom. Very noble.
Love is like handing someone a gun, having them point in your heart and trusting them not to pull the trigger - SpongeBob

AKA

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 01:16:21 pm »

thanks mommy..

oo nga, hindi ko alam kung pano uumpisahan eh..
di ko lam kung san pupunta at sino kakausapin?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6