Parent Chat

Author Topic: 3 year old daughter touching herself  (Read 3948 times)

laneyval

• View Profile
3 year old daughter touching herself
« on: June 30, 2013, 09:52:00 am »

I observed that my 3 year old daughter is touching herself for months now. She does it usually before going to sleep. I reprimand her always but she keeps on doing it. I read in some threads that it is completely normal. Will she outgrew it? Do you mommies also have the same experience with your child?

Mod's note:
'Is It Normal That My 5-Year-Old Keeps Touching His Private Parts?'

Read it on Smart Parenting. Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/preschooler/my-5-year-old-keeps-touching-his-private-parts-is-this-normal-a00026-20180108?ref=home_feed_2

Post a question about this topic or share your experience. 
Login or register to join this and other discussions! Members get a downloadable freebie upon registration or membership update
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:49:43 am by Parentchat Admin »

annamariemomof3

• View Profile
Re: 3 year old daughter touching herself
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 06:34:12 pm »

mine is worse nga  since I have twins, they touch each other's penis sabay sabi kuchi kuchi, nagkikilitian siguro. ok lang yun they are just exploring their bodies, that's their way of learning eh. explain mo na lang siguro na it's only ok to touch pag naliligo to clean but outside no no kasi baka magkaboboo. naalala ko tuloy nung ganyang age yung panganay ko he's so fond of showing his penis sa ibang tao kala niya joke, I explained naman to him that it's not proper and mommy's the only one allowed to see and touch his penis. kauulit kauulit naintindihan din naman eventually.

laneyval

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 02:46:41 pm »

Thanks mommy annamarie! :) siguro nga tiyagaan lang talaga sa pagsabi noh. sige ill be patient. Ngayon naman ginagawa niya na privately. Pag magsleep na sya pinapalipat niya ko ibang bed tapos tatakpan niya ng pillow yung face niya tsaka niya gagawin hehe

anhing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:17:58 am »

caught my daughter doing this too. and i did a few research and found out that its completely normal. challenge is "the how" to deal with it..

what i did, i talked to her. I told her she can only do it privately, inside the room before going to sleep, when mommy is around. and when ni catch her, i just say "one only ha" :)

laneyval

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 02:28:13 pm »

Thanks sis! I observe nga na ginagawa ng daughter ko yun before she goes to sleep. Parang pampatulog niya. Naku ayun ilang months n nyang ginagawa. Nung una sabi ko cover niya, ayaw pa dati. Ngayon minsan sumusuno na icover pero minsan hndi. Ginagawa lang naman niya pag nasa room at pag kami lang. Napagsabihan ko na kasi dati. Ewan ko ba baka bored nga lang sila. Malalampasan siguro nila yung stage na yan pag madami na silang pinagkakaabalahan. :)

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 02:49:03 pm »

Recommended ng Psychiatrist is not to reprimand them or they might think that private parts or anything associated with it is just plain bad though hindi clear why. Give them other activities to do. Usually nahihiya sila pag nahuli sila so just divert.  I explained to my kids that the hand isn't always clean and the tiniest germs they don't see might go to their privates and that will cause itchy and ouch (infection).
Once they are old enough to understand about privates teach them that privates are private, no one else should see it but him/herself. Not even people you know nor the Doctor and if the doctor needs to see it, Mama has to be there. No one should touch it and if anybody tries to, even if you know them, don't let them and tell Mom or Dad because that's bad and they can go to jail. The bad ones know that that's why they try to keep it a secret so don't fall for that.
Naku, lahat na yata ng pwede kong i-interpret na explanation ginawa ko na, kasi yan ang pinaka kinatatakutan ko, yung sexual abuse sa bata, napapanood ko sa news na may mga nabibiktima. Also, ang abuser is usually yung kilala ng bata like neighbors, relatives and friends. The kids should be aware, iba na ang panahon ngayon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:24:12 am by Mommyjazz »

laneyval

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 06:01:44 pm »

Thanks mommy jazz! sige i'll try to explain to my daughter the way you explained it to yours. Kapanipaniwala naman. :)

ahyzeyuh

• im a good person,just keep on making bad decisions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:01:17 am »

normal lang pala yan. nakita ko na rin yung baby ko (4yr old) mga 2x ata , ako naman deadma lang.

just incase maulit uli yun,  now i know how to react

thanks for sharing 

Dada08

• ♥ I love my family ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 12:16:16 pm »

same problem with my 20mos old baby girl. she love touching her nipples, pampatulog nga.
madalas divert namin ni hubby yung attention niya sa iba...