Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Are bedtime stories are for the education of kids?

Yes stories helps kid to learn new things.
- 0 (0%)
No stories are not much effective.
- 0 (0%)
Stories are just entertainment,
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What books do you read to your babies/children before putting them to sleep?  (Read 43467 times)

dhates

• View Profile

waaah baket ako percy jackson and the olympians?hehe preggy pa lang kasi ako nung nagstart ako sa book one and binabasa ko sa kanya nung narelease yung mark of athena this october binasa ko ulit kay baby and i think natandaan niya mga characters kasi tinignan niya ako talaga and parang naexcite sugod sya dun sa book. walang images yung book as in puro sulat pero mukahang super interested si baby minsan dinapaan niya pa yug book akala mo nagbabasa talaga natawa ako sobra..but since about gods and goddesses yung book i try my best to make him understand na iba pa din yung God kesa dun sa mga nasa book sana nga naiintindihan niya..hehe

Beadlady

My one year old likes to "read" books during play time. She likes Cat in the Hat and touchy feely books. But for bedtime, we read iPad interactive books. I blogged about these here: http://beadbaby.blogspot.com/2012/11/bedtime-buddies.html

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:54:20 pm by toughmom »

• ♫But as for me & my house, we will serve the Lord♫
    • View Profile

Goodnight Gorilla, yan kasi fave book ng anak ko eh. Walang naration except sa dialogues nung mr and mrs so she love it when I make sounds of animals saying goodnight.

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kareenliez

• View Profile
    • Pink Heart Strings

My baby was exposed to books early. Kahit 1 month palang, I read books to her. She grew fondness for books then. At 4 months, I bought her a book with lots of pictures on it. Then from there, padami ng padami books new and she loves them all up to now. She is already turning two and she would grab my hand just to read books to her. Most of the time, she looks at her books. Memorize na niya lahat. Kaya I need to get new books na. It is a good habit to read books to your kids before going to sleep or even during the day. Make it part of her playtime. I googled for books that would fit baby and made a list of it in my blog since I am planning to buy her new books. http://www.pinkheartstring.com/2013/07/15-books-best-for-toddlers.html

Despicable muMEe

• View Profile
Re: What books do you read to your babies/children before putting them to sleep?
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 10:45:52 am »

We used to make it a point to pass by toy stores whenever my baby & I go out. But now, bookstore na ang pasyalan namin! He runs around the bookstore like it's his own library. Haha!

Anyway, though he has a big collection of books, he always go back to his favorite one. I highly recommend this. It's an AniMotion book so your kids would really enjoy seeing the pictures move. The title is "Lights Out, Night's Out". I am actually in search for other AniMotion books. If anyone of you knows where I could buy one, pls let me know. TIA! ❤

rozzy

• Global Moderator
  • Having own family is the BEST GIFT from GOD :)
    • View Profile

We used to bought books at the Book sale. Usually yung mga Disney princess stories and tuwing bedtime nagbabasa kaming mag ina. Nakakatuwa kasi she loves to read too...
"It is not good for a man to live alone, I will make a helper suitable for him" Genesis 2:18

Parent Chat Community Rules

MommyniAddie

• A proud Mom and a happy Wife :)
    • View Profile

Princess and bedtime stories :)
There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.

~ Martin Luther ~

Miss Donya

• follow me on Twitter @MissDonyaMe
    • View Profile
    • Miss Donya Life

http://www.anvilpublishing.com/shop/bituin-the-big-flood/

"Si Bituin at ang Malaking Baha" - madalas ko itong pinauulit-ulit basahin sa anak ko (3yrs old), nabasa ko kasi sa isang book about toddlers, mainam ang ganitong gawain para mas tumanim sa isip nila ang mga words o vocabulary nung libro o kwento. Mas mahahasa sila at di mo na mapapansin, masasabayan ka na rin nila sa pagsasalaysay nung kwento. Pag okay na, saka mo naman sya iintroduce sa ibang storybook. :)

john joni

• View Profile
Are bedtime stories are for the education of kids.
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2016, 10:22:50 pm »

Parents know that no subject matter how dynamic it gets in handling home and work, interacting and bonding with your kid in a good way is essential to your kid's overall development. And one activity that strengthens this romance between mother and child is amazig bedtime stories][url]amazig bedtime stories[/url] writing with.
Bedtime storytelling isn't only for adding kids to relax; it increases your children's creativity and widens their creativeness as well. Regarding child development expert Dr. Lillian Juadiong, activities encourage kids into "imaginary worlds where the impossible becomes possible, the fun never avoids, and the endings are as happy clearly."

Aside from bettering the creative area of your children, here would be the other great benefits that bedtime statement telling provides, corresponding to Dr. Juadiong:

Develops vocabulary, being attentive expertise, and dental care communication skills. Bedtime record telling enhances your kid's vocabulary as you generate new words and lots of sentence structures in a particular language. However the development to be attentive skills is the noticeable goal of storytelling, it is important that the storyteller should make use of the listener and encourage him to respond to the storey plot by requesting brief story-related questions during or by the finish of the storytelling program. This real way, dialog in the middle of your storyteller and the young youngster will be created, bettering the kid's tuning in capability and oral communication skills.

Provides connection with new knowledge. Children's books are a sensible way to introduce new ideas to children. Testimonies and illustrations go hand-in-hand in instructing your kids new ideas like a different dog or a certain toy. Small details in the entire story, such as size, condition, and color, are uniformly important as these can help your kid understand the difference between two colors, two sizes, or two different styles. Please visit site for short bedtime stories

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

Rediscover the Forgotten Art of Storytelling

Read about it on Smart Parenting. Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/life/family-fun/rediscover-storytelling-a1770-20180714?ref=parentchat
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]