Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: ipod touch or ipad?  (Read 5044 times)

happiemom

• View Profile
ipod touch or ipad?
« on: October 14, 2013, 05:34:01 pm »

i was thinking which is ok.. itouch or ipad? habol ko lang kasi pang games na puwede din gamitin ng toddler...

denise2214

• View Profile
Re: ipod touch or ipad?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:34:02 pm »

for me ipad mini...

papa_bear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:24:23 pm »

Hello!

Choosing between these 2 gadgets is one of the most common confusing questions nowdays. But let me help you choose by answering some of the keypoints below.

1. Portability - Ofcourse by size, iTouch would win by default considering its pocket-friendly structure and design. If you're planning to just leave your gadget at home and let your kid play with it all day then go for the iPad (considering its BIGGER screen size for greater viewing area, a must for games with high graphic details). If you want to bring along your device and go for some music while going to work or wherever, then go for the iTouch.
*For Portability, iTouch wins.

2. Use - If you're planning to use your device for more than just games and entertainment, go for the iPad. As a general rule for touch screen devices, The wider the screen, the more you can do to your device. Its way better to read e-books, e-magazines, e-newspapers, play games and watch movies on an iPad. If you also planning on installing office apps on your device then iPad would better serve you. iTouch on the other hand can do all these but with smaller screen size, more demand for zooming in those e-materials, lesser graphic details for games, and mediocre video experience.
*For Usage, iPad wins.

3. Storage - The devices speaks for themselves. The options you have with iTouch starts from 8GB, 16GB and 32GB. With the iPad it starts from 16GB, 32GB and whopping 64GB. As we all know, higher memory lets you install more apps, store more music, pictures and videos, etc.
*For Storage, the iPad wins.

4. Hardware - Let's not get into specifics with this as I may cause you more confusion. For external structure and design, there's no unique or distinct difference aside from the body contour. Screen size for the iPad would be approx. 9.7" (inches) as for the iTouch, it would be approx. 3.5" (inches). I'm not sure about the overall height, width and weight of these 2 devices but I'm pretty sure the values for the iPad would be higher than the iTouch. Internal components, the iPad overwhelms the iTouch due to its higher demand in terms of device performance (let's say bigger truck needs bigger machine).

*NOTE: Same idea applies to the iPad mini, only it has lesser screen size compared to the iPad.
*NOTE: iTouch with retina display may somehow compensate its smaller screen size however the new iPad offers retina display as well, making this review focused on the general information only.

That's actually it. BTW this is just my own point of view on comparing these 2 devices. Other users may correct me if I'm wrong with any of the information I mentioned on this post. Others may also put in their own opinion so I may learn as well.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have more question.
"Italians have a little joke, that the world is so hard a man must have two fathers to look after him, and that's why they have godfathers."

-Mario Puzo, The Godfather

happiemom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 05:34:12 pm »

ask ko lang din mag eenjoy kaya ang baby ko mag play sa iphone? like educational games? or ipad nlang kahit IPAD1 puwede na/ pang baby ko lang kasi kaya 1st gen napili ko na with sim slot

tinsantos10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 09:36:26 pm »

I'd rather choose Ipad mini. :)

creamypuff

• Young Momma of 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:54:48 am »

Ipad for me. My baby boy loves playing his ipad :) Dami pang educational games for babies :)

papa_bear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 03:46:07 am »

@happiemom

Gaya ng sabi nila dito, go for iPad. Pwede din naman iPhone as you were saying pero ofcourse mas maganda kung mas malaki yung device kasi hindi limited ang kid mo sa paglalaro dahil malaki ang screen compared sa iPhone na para bang pang-single -player lang ang laki. iPad 1 pwede na kung makakuha ka ng good buy pero take note na hindi na maaa-update pa yung iPad 1 sa newer iOS kasi lumang device na sya which also limits you sa games na pwede mong iinstall lalo na yung mga bagong labas kasi hindi na supported yung device mo. Pero syempre may work around naman dyan, search ka nalang ng compatible games and apps sa net para mgamit mo sa iPad 1. if may budget then go for higher version.
"Italians have a little joke, that the world is so hard a man must have two fathers to look after him, and that's why they have godfathers."

-Mario Puzo, The Godfather

happiemom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 07:29:36 am »

papa_bear,thanks for the info! Gusto ko pa naman yung mga new games,hindi na pala puwede i upgrade un. Pag ipad2,un kaya puwede?

creamypuff

• Young Momma of 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:14:13 am »

Mommy pwede ma upgrade ang Ipad 2 sa ios7 :)

happiemom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 01:58:09 pm »

creamypuff, thanks