Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Should I stay and wait or should I go?  (Read 2105 times)

MissPychi

• View Profile
Should I stay and wait or should I go?
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:16:01 am »

I need your opinions/comments.

I left my old job (which I have been employed with for over a decade) to a less stressful job in a smaller family owed company.  The reason for this change is due to:
1. Hubby and I are having more and more arguments/misunderstandings (my time is spent more in the office than at home - OT pa, if needed.  Hindi na naaasikaso ang mga kids)
2. This smaller company's offer, salary wise, is very attractive & I (or we?) need this additional funding to help pay my 3 kid's schooling (and my 2 son's theraphies)

However:
1. The current work is not as fulfilling as I had expected - different from the industry I was used to, in addition to "culture shock", difficult colleagues and different views on things.
2. My former work was fulfilling, but too much pressure (time and energy needed for the work versus with hubby) is getting out of hand.

Now
1.  due to low sales, the company is starting to lay-off employees, starting with agency contractuals  (not sure how they plan to go about regulars and if I may also be affected)
2.  I have an offer to go back to my former line of work - different company (but definitely the salary would not be a good as I'm currently enjoying, therefore, we may not be able to make ends meet.)

Should I stay and wait or should I go? Which is the lesser evil of the 2?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:13:48 pm by Mommyjazz »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: For the Money or for the Love of it?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »

What did your hubby say on your option about moving to a lower paid job? Can he compensate?
Your job now may not be fulfilling pero it should've solved your 1st problem. You want something, you have to pay, in this case, sacrificing your fulfilling job (which I think isn't 100% fulfilling at all kasi stressed ka rin dun).
Stick with the company you're with and be thankful na meron kang fallback should you be laid off. In the meantime, look for other options. Keep updating Hubby.
Do pray for guidance. The fact that you landed on this new job could mean may purpose si God kung bakit ka nalagay diyan. Stay or get laid off, keep the faith kasi God works in mysterious ways, mostly in ways na hind favorable sa atin.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:51:29 pm »

Hi Mommyjazz,

Thank you for enlightening me.  Before I read your reply, I was almost at the brink of giving up my current job.  You also reminded me why I changed jobs in the first place... I think I need to be constantly reminded of that.

My hubby does earn more than I do, but his salary alone cannot compensate for the additional expenses of the kids, otherwise, we may have to give up some or all their therapies in order to make ends meet....

There have been times that I wished that my sons were all normal kids nalang, so that hindi ganun kahirap ang cost of living namin, but I immediately brushed this thought off and thank HIM nalang at he is helping us get through - we have jobs that pays enough to fund their therapies and schooling.  Ito rin malamang ang dahilan kung bakit sila ibinigay sa amin... HE knows we will take good care of them.... :'(

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:14:26 am »

Awww, shucks! ;) ::)
I understand your situation, wala nang fulfillment sa work tapos pag uwi faced ka pa ng stress in handling your kids with special needs (or are they just developmentally delayed?). Sa work, if you feel very different, then it shouldn't be hard to totally "make the difference", panindigan mo na. Only you can say kung saan ka pwedeng mag-shine. Start small with the end in mind. There are people also who find another activity like sports or karaoke, hobbies like crafts and baking just to destress and get their mind open to new ideas which keeps them motivated at work. Most people (like me) just need an occassional break to cope.
On your kids, I would give the same advice I gave here (link below) for the kids to get support at home (ngayon na may time ka na para sa kanila) para mapabilis ang therapy. If therapy is life long, mahal man, you'll get the most of every peso
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,32901.msg896232.html#msg896232
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:03:09 am »

Both my boys were diagnosed with mild ASD. It is true that this adds burden to the unfulfillment sa work.  Not to mention that hubbys is also currently experiencing the same thing!  :(

Being in a different work culture from what you are used to is something one has to adpat to.  I know I can adapt well, but I have to make sacrifices by "unlearning" what I have learned.  In a familiy corporation I was told "sumunod ka na lang"  kasi yan ang gusto ni boss (kahit na alam mo ng mali si boss).

Currently, I am "making the difference"  I may not convince them to "change" but I do not totally allow myself to be swallowed up by their system.  I'm setting myself as example and hope that someday, they can see why it has to be this way.