Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Nursing home thoughts...  (Read 2917 times)

annamariemomof3

• View Profile
Nursing home thoughts...
« on: December 02, 2013, 07:43:11 am »

I'm just wondering why it's perfectly alright na ang bata Iwan sa yaya pero if you leave your parent sa caregiver parang ang walanghiya mo nang anak? We're not yet in this situation naman pero my father has a degenerative neurological disorder that will need full time care later on. Masama ba akong anak for thinking that I don't want my kids to see their grandfather drooling all over himself, at least not day in day out. Kasi right now my father is still superman to them and I want them to remember him that way. My memory kasi of my Lola is my annoyance every time I had to deal with her pooping in our bedroom. Kung ano man happy memories merun kami di ko na maalala because of all of those little hiccups. Am I making any sense?

julia_18

• View Profile
Re: Nursing home thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 08:39:18 am »

@sis anamariemotherof3 it's not in our culture kasi to leave the elderly with other people. Meron ding ganyan dito although hindi ganun ka-prevalent kagaya sa US. But if you think that a caregiver would be able to give the best care than you can, why not? I think mas malaking kasalanan sa kanila if pababayaan mo lang sila. Just my POV on your dilemma.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:31:01 pm »

Meron po dito pero its expensive, my friend can't afford it for his mom. What he did is to get a small apartment close to his family's place and hire a relative to care for his mom. This way nadadalaw nila madalas.

julia_18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:36:22 pm »

tama si @sis Mommyjazz, mahal nga ang nursing homes dito. i inquire for a relative/ninang of mine. may nakita ako sa internet located somewhere in Mandaluyong, nasa 30k monthly yun, board and lodging lang sya. not included are the meds if needed or anything else needed by the patient.