Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: PPD and professional help in NCR  (Read 4296 times)

jrrixom

• View Profile
PPD and professional help in NCR
« on: December 02, 2013, 05:23:19 pm »

Hi there,

I would like to start by apologizing if I am asking the same question someone else already posted, I have read through some of the forum and I have found similar topics, however my Tagalog is very limited and some of the data seems out of date, so please have patience with my ignorance,

I am British and a new parent, my girlfriend (Filipina) and I have a 4 month old, healthy and very happy baby boy. However my girlfriend has drastically changed, mentally, emotionally. She went from a very calm, easy going and happy person to a very cynical and negative person. This happened soon after birth and it seems to be getting worse. She has these rants and tantrums about nothing. She indicates that she feels sad sometimes for no reason, she feels dizzy and sleepy and she keeps getting headaches. Last week she became physical, she attacked me, which she has never done before and a few days later she got so hysterical and then she rammed her head into the wall and started screaming that she wanted to die.

We have days where we are back to normal and everything is great, but sometimes it seems she is looking for things that I do that she can get angry about, she will then focus on it and even if I tell her I won’t do it again or that I will change it doesn’t help, she goes on and on. After the head bang incident I suggested she might need help, this just made things worse, she turns it around and accuses me of needing help.

I am desperately afraid of what is happening and where this is going, she regularly threatens to leave me, I really do not want to lose her but what I am more afraid of is what she will do to our son if she no longer has me to 'vent' at.  I think we need professional counselling but I really do not know where to start. I hope someone can help,

Kind regards,

Joey Rixom

michimac03

• View Profile
Re: PPD and professional help in NCR
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 09:50:07 pm »

Hello joey.first of,id like to ask what religion are you in?you might be wondering why but because i would like to help you out.i was in the same situation before but through counselling and neurolinguistic programming,i became well. Psychiatrists and medicines did not help me,but prayers from my community and caring group helped me and my husband alot. If you need details,just send me private message.
for now,just be patient with her,she needs you now.tc