Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Opening a Salon  (Read 4833 times)

MissPychi

• View Profile
Opening a Salon
« on: February 06, 2014, 04:23:22 pm »

Hi,

I'm opening up a small hair salon. location is just at home...

My question is, do I have to go through the full process from registering my business name up until the last step (BIR registration complete with receipts and books of account)?

I'm done with DTI and Barangay Clearance and now processing for Mayor's permit.... can we stop after we have the permit and just continue with BIR application once the salon is stable?

I'm already getting frustrated and scared at whatever additional cost I have to pay for all the permits, not to mention, "necessary red-tape" and of course the time and pagod spent to finish the process.... I am currently employed so I cannot just stop work just to finish all the paper works...

Any adivse/help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

Mod's note:
A Housewife is the Genius Behind the First Mobile Salon in the Country

Read it on Smart Parenting. Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/life/inspiration/housewife-builds-ph-s-first-mobile-salon-that-s-franchising-for-php5-2m-each-sa00223-20171217-src-entrep

Post a question about this topic or share your experience. 
Login or register to join this and other discussions! Members get a downloadable freebie upon registration or membership update.

For avid Facebook users, join us on SP Village (click the image).

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:09:18 pm by Mommyjazz »

BASTI

• Macco-kay ko!
    • View Profile
    • http://ccc25.multiply.com
Re: Opening a Salon
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 03:48:12 am »

Baranggay Clearance is Fine and DTI/
Kasi bago pa lang.. pwede mo sabihin na kaka open lang ng shop mo.
Ako kasi when I had my laundry shop ganyan ang adv sakin e.
Pero after a year nag permit na din ako.

Yung iba kasi kahit kaka start lang ng business nag pe-permit na din nasa sayo din naman....

Saglit lang ang Mayors permit depende sa dami...

I miss my SP sissie's for so long ^^ Im back for good :)

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:56:51 am »

Hi Basti,

Thank you for the advise.  Nung una, I was actually thinking that we stop muna after getting the barangay clearance...what worries me is baka may maingit at magsumbong sa kinauukulan.... by that I mean that by law, you should complete all steps or permits before you start operation.

Based on what you said, maybe we can stop muna after getting the Mayor's Permit (since naumpisahan na namin ito) and then secure the BIR after a few months, kapag medyo stable na ang salon...

Pwede ba yun?

Thanks

julia_18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 03:20:27 pm »

later na sis ang mayor's permit and bir. usually naman may pupunta talagang taga city hall/munisipyo if they notice a new business. dun ka na lang mag-process.

BASTI

• Macco-kay ko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:00:26 am »

sis i just want to know san location ng shop mo?

ako kasi Taguig Area and hindi naman din masyado mahigpit.
If ever mag pagpunta sanyo to ask for the permit you can show your permits sa BIR/ brgy clearance and thats fine kasi bago pa lang shop mo unless tlganag negosyante ka... (i mean yung may marami at malalaking business)

yung sayo is just starting if ever and okay lang yan wag kang matakot kasi you can defend yourself na you are just starting and titingnan mo pa kung magiging okay ang business mo.. then if not stop it...

sakin kasi yung laundry shop ko nun as in talagang 1year ako hindi nag mayors permit.. dapat nga din hindi ako magpepermit after a year kinulit lang ako ng mom ko hehe malaki din ah.. imagine yung cedula would cost 700 (cedula lang yun)  kay napoles ata napupunta yun hahaha

anyway... honestly sis yung nag sabi sakin na wag muna ako magpermit e yung mismong taga city hall na nagrerelease the permit... kasi bago pa lang naman and you dont know kung mag boom yung shop mo...

sis dont be afraid go lang... isipin mo nalang yung ibang tindahan na wala talagang permit kahit BIR wala at brgy clearance though maliliit na tindahana lang yan... kung iisipin mo unfair pero ganun talaga hehe

MissPychi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 08:16:39 am »

Hi BASTI, julia_18,

Salamat sa mga advise niyo. At least na-lessen yun pag wo-worry ko.

Since we already started to process the Mayor's Permit, can we stop half way?  Mawawalang bisa ba yung mga binayad na namin after a year (let's say after a year before namin i-pursue ang permit)?  Do we have to got back to square one?

We already have the Bureau of Fire Protection Certificate (may "red tape" na kasama yan, waah...) and was already inspected by the City Health official for the Sanitary Permit (another "red tape" step) but still pending issuance of the certificate.

Our Salon is located in Malate, Manila.  The place where our salon is located was previously a salon na rin.  Nag end contract lang sila so we decided to take over, renovate and just continue the same business, under a new name of course.  Sayang yung mga existing customers na nila... so far, we are more than a week in business na.

Keeping fingers crossed that the business will prosper.

julia_18

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »

bakit pending pa din sis ang certificate kung may "red tape" ng kasama ang processing?! since you've started na pala, might as well continue na with the mayor's permit kasi do mo na naman mababawi yan eh. good luck on your business sis!

BASTI

• Macco-kay ko!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 05:04:01 pm »

OO tama ka jan sis julia_18

Kamusta na kaya ang Salon shop ni sis MissPychi???

Chris Sotto

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 10:06:36 am »

Check out mga second hand furniture items sa Megaoffice Surplus. Nakabili ang friend ko sa kanila ng Salon chair. I think marami silang stocks ng furniture new and second hand