Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Ask: When do your kids start having a phone?  (Read 5872 times)

happyparent123

• View Profile
Ask: When do your kids start having a phone?
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:13:35 pm »

Do you guys let your kids have their own phone?  If not, what do they use to go online?  iPod touch?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:21:29 pm by happyparent123 »

annie0312

• View Profile
Re: Ask: When do your kids start having a phone?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:30 pm »

My daughter is 10 years old and I won't allow her to have her own cell phone. Masyado pa maaga para magkaroon sya ng cell phone. And cell phones are not allowed at school. Siguro kapag high school na sya saka ko lang sya papayagan mag cell phone.
The best thing a father can do for his chlidren is to love their mother.

vmjanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 07:38:37 am »

It depends on how you (your child and the child) will be commited on how to use the cellphone. I myself might give a cellphone to my child once he is 5 or 6 years old for ocmmunication between me and my hubby since we are always out and about. But not the savvy touch screen ones. Just for call or text if he learns how to do it.

For older kids I guess they use gadgets these days to show off to their classmates/ friends. Peer pressure is more prevalent among kids now than before. So might as well talk to your kids why they wil be allowed to use a cellphone. Set conditions what not and waht can be done with the cellphone and stick to it. I'd rather have the child know the importance of these gadgets' use.

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:03:15 pm »

Hubby bought a cellphone for our elder daughter when she was in Grade 3 since we stopped having a yaya look after her in school. She needed the phone to text ask when she needed something or needed to be fetched.   

I emphasized that she is not allowed to use the phone for other purposes aside from communicating with us and other family members such as grandparents, cousins, as well as, some teachers. She can only message her classmates for school-related activities.

I do the monitoring by controlling her load balance.
mariann[move]

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:27:44 am »

Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

momi95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 11:24:51 am »

Since my husband and I were always away from them, masyadong maaga namin nabigyan ng celphone ang kids namin. Nasa gradeschool pa lang. But they are very responsible enough lalo pag sa school. Di din naging issue ang load kasi limited. Siguro, nasa pagbigay natin ng limitations at tamang pagunawa sa kanila ng gamit ng ganitong devices.