Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Recent Maternity Rate/ Experience at Cardinal Santos  (Read 13300 times)

ruffajai24

• View Profile
Recent Maternity Rate/ Experience at Cardinal Santos
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »

Hi mommies!

Share naman po kayo ng experiences nyo giving birth at Cardinal Santos as well as their maternity package.
Thanks!

mrsnep

• View Profile
Re: Recent Maternity Rate/ Experience at Cardinal Santos
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 01:31:59 pm »

hi sis. tinawagan ko yung cardinal santos and according to them the package is only for hospital bills.
hindi na ako masyado sure pero ang range is epidural 26500 tapos CS is 38700 for small private room na yan. sana may makapagshare nga ng recent birth experience nila at cardinal.

ADreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 01:56:24 pm »

Hi sisters

Same here, I called din Cardinal and yes their 38,500 CS package is room and delivery lang no PF pa of the physicians.

My worry is how much the PF would be kasi baka same rate lang ang babayaran if mag TMC ako.

I hope meron makapag share

kimdejesusb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 01:12:51 am »

Hi Mommies!

Im already in my 29th week and preparing for the big day as early as now esp when budget is concerned. Me and my husband did an extensive research even before getting pregnant since we have been carefully planning on having our first baby on the maternity packages in MM hospitals particularly hospitals near our location which are Cardinal, MMC, St Lukes Global and Medical City but among all we have found that Cardinal was the most affordable thats why we chose this hospital in the first place.

Here is the maternity packages I got again this month directly from the lobby reservation counter. (unfortunately wasnt able to attach the file)

Cardinal Santos
OB Package Rates with Philhealth

NSD Local
Package rate P26,000
Philhealth deduction P3,900 (applicable till the 4th delivery only)
Required initikal payment P22,100
2 days, room in, small private

NSD Epidural
Package rate P35,000
Philhealth deduction P3,900 (applicable till the 4th delivery only)
Required initial payment P31,100
2 days, room in, small private

Caesarian Section
Package rate P38,500
Philhealth deduction P11,400 (unlimited)
Required initial payment P27,100
3 days, room in, small private

Inclusive of
delivery room
labor room
hospital charges and other charges except
Professional fees

But then we found out that OB can also give her own maternity packages that will already include her PF, Pedia and the anaest. So we asked her about the maternity package last saturday and I was quite surprised to find out that she quoted as follows:

NSD Epidural
around 70-90K

CS
around 120-150k

and she added that altho there are maternity packages under Cardinal is that she doesnt reco it esp for first babies besides they have a lot of hidden and added costs that might even end up more expensive than what she quoted and she advised us also to get ready for a budget of CS anytime (which is of course a good advice)

but then we realized that means that CS will comprise of about 110-120K PF alone compared to 27K of cardinal if we will avail of her maternity package right? as for the NSD Epidural it will not be much different since we are estimating the PF to about 30k (so, 31K+30K PF=60K+ to 70-90K of Agdamag so quite acceptable)

Now our questions are:
1. What is the difference of the maternity packages from the hospital versus packages given by OBs?
2. What hidden charges or added costs was she pertaining to in the maternity packages by hospitals? did anybody esperience this?
3. Normally how much is the PF of OB? is there really that much different PF in normal and cs delivery PF that affects the whole package all in all?
4. What is your recommendation? avail on our OBs packages or still insist to avail on the hospital package and risk the minimal add ons on cost (if any?)

Appreciate your replies esp those being handled by Dra Agdamag herself. Just to add on this that we nonetheless very satisfied on our experience with our OB but of course jsut doing out due diligence on the matter. Thanks in advance!