Parent Chat

Author Topic: Stubborn Teens  (Read 5858 times)

Lifeofsheng

• View Profile
Stubborn Teens
« on: August 14, 2014, 02:45:09 pm »

Hi! I don't know if its the right thread but I want some advice when it comes in dealing with teens. I am 22 years old and living with my younger sister our parents live in the province and I am the bread winner. My sister is 17  years old a 2nd year college student we live near in her school. I support her finances like allowances,project and the other is by my parents. At first we were in good terms but as years past she became really stubborn she always bring her classmate at home chatting, watching and leave our home late at nightand sometimes standby (Tambay) in her school after class. I dont know actually what they do when I am not at home since I am working. I talked to her before that I dont want to see her classmate in our apartment especially when there is not so important things to do. I need your help what should I do? Should I transfer her to the school near in my province. I already talked to them but its only good for a couple of days after that they keep on doing that. I'm tired.  :'(
“She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important—you know ”
― Marilyn Monroe

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: Stubborn Teens
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 11:23:31 am »

I think your sister finally felt freedom living away from your parents, thinking without them, wala na siyang parent to control her. She doesn't see you as an authority kasi kapatid ka lang and it takes time and realization for that to sink in her.
On the other hand, hindi po ba mas maganda kung sa bahay nga sila tatambay instead na sa ibang lugar na delikado? Maybe her friends find your place to be safe kaya they stay. Maybe, as a teen, may mga issues din sila at home they want to avoid kaya they find your place a safer place. You are not sure what's going on pag wala ka but you can't dismiss agad na may masamang nangyayari. Try to befriend her classmates.

momi95

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:00:38 am »

I have 2 teen daughters. Sa akin kasi, hinahayaan ko na sa house sila tumambay during their free time. And based on my observation, and as what mommyjazz said,me mga issues din ang mga friends nila sa kanyakanyang pamilya that they want to escape with. Dahil dun, my kids realize na di nila kailangan humanap ng escape pod, kasi open naman sila sa house. Mas nababantayan ko pa 😊

two_angels'_mom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 06:22:20 pm »

ako din i have a 15 year old daughter at pareho kami ng opinion ni mommyjazz bout that..ako id rather sa house namin tumambay mga classmates ng anak ko kesa yun anak ko tatambay sa ibang bahay..pag me practice me school projects sa amin sila gumagawa or minsan kahit pag gusto lang nila bonding watch sila dvd sa amin mas okay na yun kesa sa labas mas mapapasama sila pag naglakwatsa..pag medyo ginagabi na kahit weekends i gently tell them to go home na at baka nag-aalala na parents nila and just go back pag gusto nila..kausapin mu lang kapatid mu sis and set rules pero if i were u wag mu bawalan na magtambay sila sa house nyo kasi baka lalo ka makunsumi pag wala lagi kapatid mu sa house at hindi mu mahagilap..just my pov ;)

sahithya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 06:33:54 pm »

Parents also sometimes need to understand that even teens also goes through stressful situation but they do not know the accepted way to deal with them.One of the best ways to avoid this type of stubborn opposition is to give some control to your teen by attaching a time limit to your request. I think this article will help you out better in dealing with your stubborn teens: http://www.momjunction.com/articles/tips-to-deal-with-your-stubborn-teenager_00352446/