Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Preschool in Scout Area, Quezon City  (Read 8191 times)

iamxiansmom

• View Profile
Preschool in Scout Area, Quezon City
« on: December 18, 2014, 04:58:52 pm »

Hello mommies!!  :) My son is 2 and 7 months now so I am planning to enroll him by June next year. We live in Scout area in Quezon City by the way. I am starting to scout and search nearby pre-schools. Anyone who has his son / daughter enrolled in Little Sandbox? C.H.I.L.D? and Kinderfield? Need ideas on the facilities of the school, activities and of course tuition fees. Thank you!!! :)

Liabella

• View Profile
Re: Preschool in Scout Area, Quezon City
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 09:17:02 pm »

Hi! Sis,

Sis, my 2 kids went to Kidschool in Scout Lazacano cor. P Tuazon near Romulo's restaurant.  In my opinion, we love the way Teacher Chari helped the kids in reading and in math. 

iamxiansmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:03:52 am »

Thank you sis Liabella,

I just read this. I will look into Kidschool.  :) Do you still have their contact number? Thank you!  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 03:17:30 pm »

Hi! Sis,

Sis, my 2 kids went to Kidschool in Scout Lazacano cor. P Tuazon near Romulo's restaurant.  In my opinion, we love the way Teacher Chari helped the kids in reading and in math.

yan ba yun cradle of joy?

myrababes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 03:55:34 am »

Hi to all Parents in this chat page!

I am new here and a newbie when it comes to pre-schools since my first born is about to enter pre-school.  I started reading a LOT on the opic when he was 2yo...he just turned 3 last april.  since we live in the scout area, there are a lot of preschools near our house...raya, little sandbox, cradle of joy, kinderfield, kinderhaus...i read up on a LOT of blogs and reviews on these schools...then i stumbled upon UP-CDC, UP-KDCC and UP-PAUW. 

I tried our luck with UP-CDC but we failed...I sent in an application to UP-PAUW but was informed that it would be a loooooong wait since that particular day was the last day of application and we were waitlisted.  so, i went to raya and kinderfield since these schools are walking distance from our house...i didn't feel comfortable with kinderfield so i decided on raya...we applied, m husband and i were interviewed by school director, my son went thru the assessment...and we got in.

we were decided already to go with raya when last thursday, i received a text message from UP-PAUW saying that my son can now enroll for SY 2015-2016! i immediately said yes, we will take the slot and went to the school yesterday to see the requirements needed. 

i just want to know if there is anyone on this chat page who can give me personal experience with raya and UP-PAUW...tuition fee is a major concern for us since we only have a modest income...not that this is our point of consideration on a major scale...but the reason i am inclined to bring my child to UP-PAUW is because this is UP...i am also a graduate of UP so i believe in their system of education...but then i also attended the parents' orientation of raya and i loved their curriculum...but the TF is just way out of my budget right now...but i know that if my husband and i fixed some finances, i guess we can bring my son to raya...

I really need help on this...raya and UP-PAUW...please, anyone out there who have had personal experience with raya or UP-PAUW please let me know. thank you very much... :D

MomTycoon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 12:30:03 am »

Hi @myrababes, i am actually just reading for feedbacks about schools but i saw your post and Imcould sense your confusion/dilemma. I do not personally have a child studying in Raya or UP. But is UP-PAUW similar with CDC, wherein UP FLCD students observe the class? I find kasi UP, nice naman but I am not comfortable with yung may mga adults na nagoobserve with my child. I don't know if my opinion helps your dilemma, but hope may nacontribute naman ako.

MomTycoon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 12:41:26 am »

Thank you sis Liabella,

I just read this. I will look into Kidschool.  :) Do you still have their contact number? Thank you!  :)

Hi--were you able to get in touch with kidschool? I looked for it the other day kasi and parang wala na siya/sarado na?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 09:45:25 pm »

yes may nakapgsabi sakin lumipat na ata si raya ng location

myrababes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 11:25:51 pm »

Hi @MomTycoon! :) thank you so much for your concern...you were right, at the time i wrote it i was very confused with making a choice whether it will be Raya or UP-PAUW...i am sure you can relate that it's indeed hard especially if it is your first time to choose a school.  ;) but, we already went with UP-PAUW... :) it is not the same as UP-CDC,though, wherein FLCD students are there to observe and also do their practicum...the setup in UP-PAUW is like that of a preschool where there is a teacher and teacher aides. It's a progressive school which both my hubby and i appreciate coz knowing our son, traditional will not suit him.  8)

Thanks for your thought on the matter...God bless!  :)

Gene Cambalo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 03:29:42 pm »

Hi sis. Can you give more feedback sa up pauw. I'm planning to enroll may daughter this school yr. thanks

myrababes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 02:38:56 pm »

To gene Camabalo

Hi, sorry for the very late reply. Just saw this now.
We are happy with UP-PAUW and our bunso will be starting with them this SY also. Tuition is very affordable for preschool and my son is happy there. Academics are okay and they have a mixed approach...trad/progressive. Like UP, no homework is taken home because theu do the schoolwork in the classroom which is very appropriate and a sure way to gauge the learning and understanding of the student.
Ok dun,sis. 😊